ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of earnings - 1 month short!?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nafe12

Proof of earnings - 1 month short!?

Post by nafe12 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:54 am

I'm looking to swap into a Tier 1 General - I will have earned enough on March 13th, just 2.5 weeks before Tier 1 is scrapped.

Now I read that I have to show two forms of evidence for my earnings.
The problem is, I work for a big company, paid at the end of the month.
While the company can provide me with a letter saying I have earnt X amount from Mar 13 2010-Mar 13 2011, the funds from Mar 1-13 will NOT be in my bank account until the 31st of March. BUT this makes it TOO late to apply for the Tier 1.

So the issue I have is that I won't be able to show a bank statement for the last two weeks.

Do you think this will be acceptable? Is there any way around this?
Thanks!!

[/b]

push

Post by push » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:12 am

If you score sufficient points using just 11 months of salary you should be fine.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

nafe12

Post by nafe12 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:32 am

If you score sufficient points using just 11 months of salary you should be fine.
Yeah, that's the problem. I don't score enough without those extra days.

Any suggestions?
I could I submit the application, making a note that I'll send the bank information in a week or two as soon as it becomes available?

THanks!
[/quote]

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:16 am

No, you cannot submit documentation dated after the date of application. Also think about it logically, what if they want to process your application on the same day - they don't put applications in a pile with "outstanding documentation" and wait for you to post it later.

Also, if they only assess you two weeks later, it would mean that you will fall under the new rules in any case.

You can seriously try, but it just doesn't seem possible as you are trying to claim for something you haven't earned yet (guidance clearly states that you cannot claim unearned income).

nafe12

Post by nafe12 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:17 pm

as you are trying to claim for something you haven't earned yet
No. I WILL have earned the money on the date of submission.
Just that due to the archaic payroll system the funds won't have hit my account until just before Apr 1 (usually last day of each month, i.e. Mar 31).
I would only be claiming until Mar 13.

But I have EARNT the money if I submit after Mar 13. In the sense, that I have worked the relevant hours/days I could sue the company if they didn't pay up. It's just that their payment system is slow.

The thing is I will have sent 11 bank statements all with the same salary from the same place each month. The idea was to write a note saying the evidence supporting the last payment is not physically available until mar 30 - but is inline with the letter and all other statements.

No, you cannot submit documentation dated after the date of application.
I don't know about Tier 1. But I know first hand that my girlfriend submitted one form of documentation (letter from the Uni) when extending her student visa which had been rejected for a few applicants as insufficient evidence. When she heard about this, she called the Home Office who just gave her a ref number and an address to send the new letter...

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:20 pm

Earned as in paid into your bank account.

As I said, what if they want to process you on the same day? The documentation will not be available - they don't hold back applications until all the documents arrive.

sojan

Post by sojan » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:20 pm

Try working overtime or try to do a partime work for a month.
Please put your job or occupation and someone will give u headsup on the partime work which you could do to make that extra month's wage..

bouqet777

Post by bouqet777 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:25 am

sojan wrote:Try working overtime or try to do a partime work for a month.
Please put your job or occupation and someone will give u headsup on the partime work which you could do to make that extra month's wage..
NB: Please also note that waiting untill march means there is a risk you might not be able to make it due to limit issues!

nafe12

Post by nafe12 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:41 am

bouqet777 wrote:
sojan wrote: NB: Please also note that waiting untill march means there is a risk you might not be able to make it due to limit issues!
I'm switching - avoiding the cap :)