ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

E-petition to No. 10 - Tier 1 Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:24 pm

I would say, that will be a step after creating an E-Petition and send it off. All it will need is 500 Signatures (Electronically) to be A MUST responsive petition (ie govt will have to justify in words about why and how will they intend to protect existing migrants)

If all agree than I will happy to make a step forward or perhaps a English Guru can draft it for all of us

R

SEE HERE
Mohanfromblr wrote:
MICKS wrote:There are atleast 80-100,000 people (including dependents) effected by this.

Even if 1000 people find a lawyer and chip a hundred pounds each, its 100,000 pounds, MORE THAN ENOUGH FOR A LAWSUIT.

If Extensions and ILRs are scrapped for existing Tier 1 holders we can start by CREATING A FACEBOOK GROUP to get us all together so that we can fight for our rights.

....waiting for the formal announcement now......fingures crossed :!:
Bang on target! so many like me are waiting for the same.

Mohanfromblr
BANNED

Post by Mohanfromblr » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:26 pm

raxs1983 wrote:I would say, that will be a step after creating an E-Petition and send it off. All it will need is 500 Signatures (Electronically) to be A MUST responsive petition (ie govt will have to justify in words about why and how will they intend to protect existing migrants)

If all agree than I will happy to make a step forward or perhaps a English Guru can draft it for all of us

R

SEE HERE
Mohanfromblr wrote:
MICKS wrote:There are atleast 80-100,000 people (including dependents) effected by this.

Even if 1000 people find a lawyer and chip a hundred pounds each, its 100,000 pounds, MORE THAN ENOUGH FOR A LAWSUIT.

If Extensions and ILRs are scrapped for existing Tier 1 holders we can start by CREATING A FACEBOOK GROUP to get us all together so that we can fight for our rights.

Excellent! But who is that English Guru?

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:28 pm

I will draft and put it in a new topic soon. And lets see how many of us is willing to sign it.

Volunteers Welcome :)

Thanks,
R

Mohanfromblr wrote:
raxs1983 wrote:I would say, that will be a step after creating an E-Petition and send it off. All it will need is 500 Signatures (Electronically) to be A MUST responsive petition (ie govt will have to justify in words about why and how will they intend to protect existing migrants)

R

SEE HERE
Mohanfromblr wrote:

Excellent! But who is that English Guru?

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

E - Petition

Post by rakeysh.patel » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:08 pm

All,

Please SEE HERE

We are in this together, please input your suggestions.

Thanks,
R

MICKS

Post by MICKS » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:38 am

Here is the first draft of the petition. PLEASE REFER TO THE E-PETITION THREAD....as we will make all changes to this there. Thanks.

Dear Sir/Madam,

1. We the undersigned are writing to you with regards to upcoming changes being considered to Tier 1 extensions and settlement criteria those currently onshore in the United Kingdom.

2. We understand that Home Office is determined to reform the immigration system and completely close the Tier 1 general route that has in the past allowed many Highly Skilled migrants to work and settle in the United Kingdom.

3.This petition is a collective appeal from Tier 1 visa holders who are currently in the United Kingdom, have legitimate highly skilled jobs and have become contributing members of the community.

4. Most of us have sacrificed our old life in our native countries, our homes, our families, our friends and our jobs and have moved to the United Kingdom with the intention of making it our permanent home, just like many other skilled migrants did in the past and have been granted settlement since this program began.

3. Many of us have dependants with us, have taken mortgages, found a legitimate jobs, made new friends, children go to school and above all most of us have gone through serious obstacles to relocate and adapt to our new home here in the United Kingdom.

4. Our efforts and sacrifices must not be taken casually, as almost all of us had well paid jobs and flourishing careers back in our native countries, which we abandoned to move to United Kingdom. We have indeed taken considerable risks while putting our fate in the hands of Home Office with a belief that we will be valued and treated fairly.

5. At present most of us are feeling insecure in absence of any clear announcement regarding existing Tier 1 visa holders in United Kingdom. There is feeling of confusion and uncertainty, and a perception that all our efforts may have gone astray if a “radicalâ€

talentedWE

Post by talentedWE » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:29 pm

[quote="MICKS"]
Here is the first draft of the petition. PLEASE REFER TO THE E-PETITION THREAD....as we will make all changes to this there. Thanks.

Dear Sir/Madam,

1. We the undersigned are writing to you with regards to upcoming changes being considered to Tier 1 extensions and settlement criteria those currently onshore in the United Kingdom.

2. We understand that Home Office is determined to reform the immigration system and completely close the Tier 1 general route that has in the past allowed many Highly Skilled migrants to work and settle in the United Kingdom.

3.This petition is a collective appeal from Tier 1 visa holders who are currently in the United Kingdom, have legitimate highly skilled jobs and have become contributing members of the community.

4. Most of us have sacrificed our old life in our native countries, our homes, our families, our friends and our jobs and have moved to the United Kingdom with the intention of making it our permanent home, just like many other skilled migrants did in the past and have been granted settlement since this program began.

3. Many of us have dependants with us, have taken mortgages, found a legitimate jobs, made new friends, children go to school and above all most of us have gone through serious obstacles to relocate and adapt to our new home here in the United Kingdom.

4. Our efforts and sacrifices must not be taken casually, as almost all of us had well paid jobs and flourishing careers back in our native countries, which we abandoned to move to United Kingdom. We have indeed taken considerable risks while putting our fate in the hands of Home Office with a belief that we will be valued and treated fairly.

5. At present most of us are feeling insecure in absence of any clear announcement regarding existing Tier 1 visa holders in United Kingdom. There is feeling of confusion and uncertainty, and a perception that all our efforts may have gone astray if a “radicalâ€

viki83

Post by viki83 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:38 pm

I like the petition and I think we should go ahead with the petition instead of thinking they will get prepared. At least through this petition, we can get a reply which will give us some idea of their intention instead of waiting till jan, feb. The other positive point is they will feel the winds changing like it did in HSMP JR times. In these spending cuts times, the govt would also think twice before spending thousands on a JR again which if they loose, there will be 100s of questions around on useless spending.

The only mistakes I find is:

"publicized" I think "zed" is used in American English and instead in British English, usualled its publicised. I am not sure about this can any English guru confirm this?

viki83

Post by viki83 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:42 pm

[quote="MICKS"]

Dear Sir/Madam,

lesbere
- thin ice -

Post by lesbere » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:42 pm

[quote="talentedWE"][quote="MICKS"]

Dear Sir/Madam,

MICKS

Post by MICKS » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 pm

if the key concern is repitition then please point out the points that need changing, and i will put another draft soon.

i totally agree that we should put something out asap rather than waiting, being proactive is the best approach.

willnotbackHSMP

Post by willnotbackHSMP » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:10 pm

Why not you guyz write letter to Opposition leader of Parliament and shadow Home Secretary ?

viki83

Post by viki83 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:19 pm

all these ideas are good but for a start, lets go with the petition first as it's the fastest way we can get some response from them. Lets concentrate on one thing first, then we can think of contacting councilors, MPs and other things.
willnotbackHSMP wrote:Why not you guyz write letter to Opposition leader of Parliament and shadow Home Secretary ?

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Post by Sky_High » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:55 pm

Sorry - none of the above going to make any difference. Only JR can make a difference but its not very easy.

push

Post by push » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:10 pm

I know I am not offering to write the petition myself but the current draft does not seem to be appropriately worded. You yourself seem to be accepting that some of the changes do (or might) apply to the existing visa holders. HO hasn't said anything about the changes to Extensions and therefore there is no reason to request for considering transitional arrangements. I guess a better way would be to say that you understand that no changes will be applied retrospectively and should merely seek an affirmation of the same.

If possible, get it vetted by someone who understands legal drafting.
Last edited by push on Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

manojk005

Post by manojk005 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:10 pm

Sky_High wrote:Sorry - none of the above going to make any difference. Only JR can make a difference but its not very easy.
JR would definitely be last resort if that situation come. However, filing petition is also a record and will be positively considered in a court as an effort to resolve a situation(again if it comes).

lesbere
- thin ice -

Post by lesbere » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:19 pm

push wrote:I know I am not offering to write the petition myself but the current draft does not seem to be appropriately worded. You yourself seem to be accepting that some of the changes do (or might) apply to the existing visa holders. HO hasn't said anything about the changes to Extensions and therefore there is no reason to request for considering transitional arrangements. I guess a better way would be to say that you understand that no changes will be applied retrospectively and should merely seek an affirmation of the same.

Push, thats a very valid point, at this stage there is nothing wrong if you decide to bring up a draft yourself as it will go down to us all deciding which one to consider. Everyone is invited according to the MICK. The more the better!

houman1979
BANNED

Post by houman1979 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:26 pm

push wrote:I know I am not offering to write the petition myself but the current draft does not seem to be appropriately worded. You yourself seem to be accepting that some of the changes do (or might) apply to the existing visa holders. HO hasn't said anything about the changes to Extensions and therefore there is no reason to request for considering transitional arrangements. I guess a better way would be to say that you understand that no changes will be applied retrospectively and should merely seek an affirmation of the same.

I agree. At this point and according to guiances and immigration rules nothing changed and we should assume that. Why we assume that there will be changes. We should remind HO that in any change they should consider its consequences. In addition, I agree that this letter should be written by a lawyer who is expert in not only British but also on EU laws.

thelionking
BANNED

Post by thelionking » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:40 pm

Appologies, its a duplicate post:

I agree a 100% with push here ... and the two drafts (one here and one in the other thread) are rather childish, sorry to say, but that's how they come across in the first read.

MICKS

Post by MICKS » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:45 pm

thelionking wrote:

I agree a 100% with push here ... and the two drafts (one here and one in the other thread) are rather childish, sorry to say, but that's how they come across in the first read.
So why dont you write upan improved version andhelp us out.....sorry but unless you are willing to contribute u r of no use to us.......

thelionking
BANNED

Post by thelionking » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:01 pm

MICKS wrote:
thelionking wrote:

So why dont you write upan improved version andhelp us out.....sorry but unless you are willing to contribute u r of no use to us.......
pls. see my recent post here: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 100#433100

and lets continue discussing this in the petition thread rather than here.

lesbere
- thin ice -

Post by lesbere » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:03 pm

thelionking wrote:

If possible, get it vetted by someone who understands legal drafting.[/
quote]

I agree a 100% with push here ... and the two drafts (one here and one in the other thread) are rather

childish, sorry to say, but that's how they come

Well I think thats rather spiteful. There is no need for that, just make your suggestion in a mature way instead of trying to score a point. Ha

across in the first read.

thelionking
BANNED

Post by thelionking » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:07 pm

lesbere wrote:
thelionking wrote:

If possible, get it vetted by someone who understands legal drafting.[/
quote]

I agree a 100% with push here ... and the two drafts (one here and one in the other thread) are rather

childish, sorry to say, but that's how they come

Well I think thats rather spiteful. There is no need for that, just make your suggestion in a mature way instead of trying to score a point. Ha

across in the first read.

this above is exactly an example of what i meant by two parallel threads confusing everyone ...

pls. see my comments on the subject here: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 100#433100
where we are discussing the petition.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:48 pm

Please continue in the existing topic.