ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application Invalid - Please Advice

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

janedoe
Newly Registered

Application Invalid - Please Advice

Post by janedoe » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:26 pm

I received my documents back today, and my application has been invalid. The reason for this being that I printed off the application form end of August (sent it off 3rd Oct) and they brought out a new form from 6th September. Now my leave has expired (18th Oct) and I don't know if I can re-apply from england or I have to go back to my country.
The most annoying thing is that the new form is exactly the same as the old one apart from one new point on 5 (which actually does not apply to me at all)
In the accompanying letter, they only thing mentioned is that the date of my application would be the day when I submit a fresh application ...
I wanted to see if I can go in person but first of all there are no available appointments and secondly it says if your leave has expired you will not be seen.
I really don't know what to do, If I go back it will take forever to get my visa and also I was meant to start a new job on 11th OCT and I was waiting for my visa to start and now would most definitely be history.

Please advice
Many thanks

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:33 pm

If you submit an out-of-time application, whether or not it will be assessed is subject to UKBA's discretion.

IMHO, it will be in your best interest that you to return to home country (within 28 days of receiving the refusal due to invalid application) and apply for entry clearance there.

regards

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:54 pm

Not sure if you'll get a definite answer but no harm in contacting UKBA to enquire if an out-of-time application will be considered, given the fact that the earlier application has been refused to due to use of obsolete version of form.

If you have the contact details of the caseworker (check the refusal letter) or any specific number/email to get in touch, best to use that/those to contact.

regards

janedoe
Newly Registered

Post by janedoe » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:16 pm

The only thing I've got in the refusal letter is the name of the caseworker but no number or email. The letter is from Sheffield office not the Durham one that I sent the documents to.
I don't know what to do. If I re-apply and they refuse it due to out of time application then I have seriously overstayed my permit and that could cause bad consequences.
This could actually turn my life upside down and not in a good way. Wish they had let me know when they first checked the documents.

therock
Member of Standing

Post by therock » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:25 pm

Its very unfair from the UKBA by sending you the application back after ONE MONTH! did you receive an acknowledgment letter ? I am so sorry for what happened to your case.

janedoe
Newly Registered

Post by janedoe » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:30 pm

I received my acknowledgment letter on 29th Oct dated 12th Oct.

I was just looking at the refusal letter and it says the older versions of the forms can be used 21days after the date on the new ones. which is you count working days mine was just in time.

Thank you for your kind words. I guess I have just been very unlucky...

therock
Member of Standing

Post by therock » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:34 pm

You know what, the same thing happened to one of my friend, his visa was expiring on Sunday, and he forgot to send the application on Saturday, so he sent his application while his visa was already expired, his application was refused based on "Not providing degree certificate" but then he spoke to a lawyer and luckily the lawyer helped him re-submit the application and he got visa within 2-3 weeks. I would recommend speaking to a lawyer. Wish you good luck mate.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:38 pm

The address in Durham is of an external organisation that handles payment transactions on behalf of UKBA. Once the payment is cleared, the external partner sends the application pack to the designated UKBA office(s) and that is when the application is put in a queue to wait for a caseworker to be assigned.

In absence of contact details of the caseworker, contact UKBA on the number(s)/email given in the refusal letter or contact IEB.

regards

janedoe
Newly Registered

Post by janedoe » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:38 pm

Speaking to a lawyer is the next thing I'm going to do. Hopefully they would know better as to what to do in these cases.

janedoe
Newly Registered

Post by janedoe » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:41 pm

sushdmehta wrote:The address in Durham is of an external organisation that handles payment transactions on behalf of UKBA. Once the payment is cleared, the external partner sends the application pack to the designated UKBA office(s) and that is when the application is put in a queue to wait for a caseworker to be assigned.

In absence of contact details of the caseworker, contact UKBA on the number(s)/email given in the refusal letter or contact IEB.

regards
Thanks for the information. I will contact them again tomorrow.

amyli
Newly Registered

Post by amyli » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:50 pm

Hi Janedoe
I was wondering how you were getting on.
I learnt today that my application was valid. This comes 3 months after my initial application and 2 months after my visa expired.
Did you get legal advice about what to do next? What'd they say?
Thanks
Amy

janedoe
Newly Registered

Post by janedoe » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:59 pm

Hello,
After many many discussions I left the country last wed, and now I'm back home. I have an appointment at the embassy for tomorrow morning, hopefully they will tell me tomorrow how long this will take.
The most annoying thing is that now I need 2800GDP instead of the 800GDP, and as I haven't got that money in my account, we managed to make my mother's account a Joint Account. It took me forever to get the correct letter from the bank... but I have become so pesimistic and keep thinking that they might not accept the letter. It has all the required points that they mentioned in their guidelines.
that's my only worry ... after that I just have to wait and see again!

shoaibkhan622
Newly Registered

INVALID APPLICATION

Post by shoaibkhan622 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:36 am

DEAR,I am facing the same situation that you have.I received my documents back at 19 of november with the same invalid application message but i send back at 24 of november .The deduct my money at 25 of November .Let see what happen and please you be in contact with me what happen in urs case.Thanks
From Shoaibkhan622@yahoo.com

zinao

Post by zinao » Wed May 18, 2011 5:36 am

amyli wrote:Hi Janedoe
I was wondering how you were getting on.
I learnt today that my application was valid. This comes 3 months after my initial application and 2 months after my visa expired.
Did you get legal advice about what to do next? What'd they say?
Thanks
Amy
what was your issue.