ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

E-Petition To No 10 - TIER 1 Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lesbere
- thin ice -

Post by lesbere » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:57 am

manojk005 wrote:
viki83 wrote:Dnt wory abt numbers i hav 4 guys too who will hav more frnds too
Drafted petition still sound emotional and use complex language. In my opinion, this petiotion must refer to earlier petiotion on same topic and remind government about its public stand on Tier 1 (G), who are in this country.

http://www.hmg.gov.uk/epetition-respons ... cefortier1

It should be referred as "We hope that Tier 1 (G) extensions will remain open as stated in a response to petition(details of that petition)." This will be a kind of reminder to the government about their earlier policy.

I am sure that once it is there you will have enough number to get response.

Spot on, the petition should not be emotional or lengthy. There is nothing we can do about the closure of Tier1 G but all our concerns is about extension and I think that should be the only issue addressed in the petition i.e The rules should stay the same.

NeoZ

Post by NeoZ » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:57 am

Submit asap.

you will get numbers. Start the process ...

MICKS

Post by MICKS » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:04 am

Spot on, the petition should not be emotional or lengthy. There is nothing we can do about the closure of Tier1 G but all our concerns is about extension and I think that should be the only issue addressed in the petition i.e The rules should stay the same.
Actually "extension and Settlement"....please keep them together to represent everyone on the team....

rajesh9pl
Mood:

Post by rajesh9pl » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:12 am

Guys,

I support petition posted by cuberoot on Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:34 pm, in blue color font. It is short and covers all the points we have been discussing.

Thanks.

cuberoot

Post by cuberoot » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:19 am

Are we in agreement that we can go ahead with the petition below? Please respond today, if I get enough "yes" responses I will make the petition live.

How long should I make the petition? It needs a start and an end date?
Start date: ASAP
End date: 31 Jan 2011?

cuberoot wrote:My final draft of the blue petition. I really think we should go with this one.

Tagline:
We, the undersigned, petition the Prime Minister for clarity on the impact that the new migration rules will have on the extension and settlement prospects of existing Tier-1 (General) migrants.

Details:
We are writing to express our views and concerns about the closure of the Tier 1 (General) route and the lack of information about its impact on existing Tier-1 (General) visa holders who are already in the United Kingdom. This petition is a collective appeal from existing Tier 1 (General) visa holders requesting confirmation that no retrospective changes will be applied to those already here in the UK.

We are well educated and highly skilled economic migrants who came into this country through the legitimate HSMP/Tier 1 route. Our positive contributions have already been acknowledged by the Migration Advisory Committee (MAC), local businesses, think-tanks, Universities and various other public bodies including the National Health Service (NHS).

The HSMP/Tier 1 (General) scheme was promoted as a route to settlement for highly skilled migrants. Trusting this and an expectation of fair treatment from the UK Government, we uprooted our families, left well established businesses and promising careers in order to make the UK our main home.

In the absence of clarity and detail in the announcement, there is a feeling of confusion and uncertainty amongst us. We therefore request your office to issue us with confirmation that the extension and settlement criteria for existing Tier 1 (General) and HSMP visa holders will remain the same as the criteria when we last qualified for a visa. We would also like to open dialogue with the Government to discuss the concerns of both parties and how these concerns can best be solved.

Respectfully,
Tier 1 (General) Visa Holders currently in UK

yh37
Newly Registered

Post by yh37 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:21 am

MICKS wrote:
Actually "extension and Settlement"....please keep them together to represent everyone on the team....
Yes, a successful extension is the only path towards settlement, but extension is nothing if we are not allowed to apply settlement at the end.
Last edited by yh37 on Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

cuberoot

Post by cuberoot » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:24 am

yh37, can you stop wasting your voice. "extension and settlement" is mentioned in the first line of the blue of petition.

manojk005

Post by manojk005 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:28 am

cuberoot wrote:Are we in agreement that we can go ahead with the petition below? Please respond today, if I get enough "yes" responses I will make the petition live.

cuberoot wrote:My final draft of the blue petition. I really think we should go with this one.

Tagline:
We, the undersigned, petition the Prime Minister for clarity on the impact that the new migration rules will have on the extension and settlement prospects of existing Tier-1 (General) migrants.

Details:
We are writing to express our views and concerns about the closure of the Tier 1 (General) route and the lack of information about its impact on existing Tier-1 (General) visa holders who are already in the United Kingdom. This petition is a collective appeal from existing Tier 1 (General) visa holders requesting confirmation that no retrospective changes will be applied to those already here in the UK.

We are well educated and highly skilled economic migrants who came into this country through the legitimate HSMP/Tier 1 route. Our positive contributions have already been acknowledged by the Migration Advisory Committee (MAC), local businesses, think-tanks, Universities and various other public bodies including the National Health Service (NHS).

The HSMP/Tier 1 (General) scheme was promoted as a route to settlement for highly skilled migrants. Trusting this and an expectation of fair treatment from the UK Government, we uprooted our families, left well established businesses and promising careers in order to make the UK our main home.

In the absence of clarity and detail in the announcement, there is a feeling of confusion and uncertainty amongst us. We therefore request your office to issue us with confirmation that the extension and settlement criteria for existing Tier 1 (General) and HSMP visa holders will remain the same as the criteria when we last qualified for a visa. We would also like to open dialogue with the Government to discuss the concerns of both parties and how these concerns can best be solved.

Respectfully,
You may want to refer their earlier response for the petition for retrospective changes. Link to the gov response is at http://www.hmg.gov.uk/epetition-respons ... cefortier1

This should be added in Para 1 of details. You can add like " ... here in the UK as already stated by the current government in response to a petition filed by Rohit K. Rohela of HSBC." This will definitely remind them of their own word. I am trying to find details like date of filing or any reference number for this petition. It would be better to use those.

rajesh9pl
Mood:

Post by rajesh9pl » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:36 am

MICKS wrote:......all good we barely have 100 members on our facebook group....going ahead with the blue one seems ok as the majority here is agreeing on it... but we need to figure out a way to get to that 500 number asap....before Mrs. May makes an annoucement......any ideas..??
I think we should not worry much about the numbers. Once e-petition goes live, we can share the link with our friends and ask them to cascade. I am quite condfident that we will reach very high number within few days. Let the e-petition to go live first.

I have just joined. I hope information provided and shared is not used for any other purpose. Does not cause any spam or unwanted emails.

Cheers!
Last edited by rajesh9pl on Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

yh37
Newly Registered

Post by yh37 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:38 am

cuberoot wrote:yh37, can you stop wasting your voice. "extension and settlement" is mentioned in the first line of the blue of petition.
Sorry, but I was talking about the title of this thread, maybe we should change it as well.
Last edited by yh37 on Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

NeoZ

Post by NeoZ » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:47 am

cuberoot wrote:Are we in agreement that we can go ahead with the petition below? Please respond today, if I get enough "yes" responses I will make the petition live.

Tagline:

Details:

Respectfully,
Keep End date as 31st Dec, 2010.

We need this response asap. No point taking it to Jan, 2011.

And once it is live, you will get the numbers.

Ignore all voices on changes, Just go ahead and submit it.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:59 am

Okay, with majority I guess Blue one can go ahead. Keep the petition for until 31/12/2010. The consultation period for the proposed changes finishes on/around 10/01/2011. So we need our petition to be heard before the consultation period is over. I would even suggest keep it till 25/12/2010 (gives us 2 weeks, including bank holidays) if we are sure of getting 500 Signatures. So, its no point wasting time.

If you are putting it up, let me know and I will publish it soon on FB page. We have 125 members there so far ^_^

Cuberoote, go ahead, more you delay, there might be an endless corrections (no disrespect to anyone, while we all try to make it perfect, its going to go on forever. Also we have to bear in mind that its impossible that all 100% will agree to anything)
NeoZ wrote:

Tagline:

Details:

Respectfully,
Keep End date as 31st Dec, 2010.

We need this response asap. No point taking it to Jan, 2011.

And once it is live, you will get the numbers.

Ignore all voices on changes, Just go ahead and submit it.

Anio

Post by Anio » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:08 am

I guess i can speak for some of the 'silent' members of this forum. Please put in the petition, we will break our 'silence' and sign up :D

cuberoot

Post by cuberoot » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:22 am

Hmmm, it appears the Petitions system at Number 10 is closed pending review!

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/new

I am unable to submit this petition to the government online at the moment.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:25 am

Oooppsss !!! That is definitely not how I wanted my Monday to start !!!!

cuberoot wrote:Hmmm, it appears the Petitions system at Number 10 is closed pending review!

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Post by mtuckersa » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:28 am

ok so whats the alternative?

manojk005

Post by manojk005 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:29 am

cuberoot wrote:Hmmm, it appears the Petitions system at Number 10 is closed pending review!

Thats very good way of silencing opinions in the UK as well as saving money!

Look like this government is dragging the UK into a position where it will slowly loose all they earned in past and join developing world.

MICKS

Post by MICKS » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:33 am

mtuckersa wrote:ok so whats the alternative?
Should we create multiple hard copies of this petition and get physical signatures in various cities, bind them together and physically submit..... :?

viki83

Post by viki83 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:34 am

:( looks like a really bad luck....after doing so much effort...i am dissapointed

lesbere
- thin ice -

Post by lesbere » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:34 am

Thats a joke.. with all the people they have offended since they came in power, it not surprising the system is closed.!

lesbere
- thin ice -

Post by lesbere » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:34 am

MICKS wrote:
mtuckersa wrote:ok so whats the alternative?
Should we create multiple hard copies of this petition and get physical signatures in various cities, bind them together and physically submit..... :?
I am in!

cuberoot

Post by cuberoot » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:37 am

Im not finding any great alternatives unfortunately.
http://www.petition.co.uk/

That website will allow us to run the petition, and then we can print off the signatures and submit in hard copy to the Government? No guarantee on 500 signatures or any sort of reply though.

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Post by mtuckersa » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:48 am

maybe we can use the news media to convey our petition?

NeoZ

Post by NeoZ » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:55 am

http://epetitions.scottish.parliament.uk/

... little cousin is still open ...

But a quick look at the system and history of petitions on it, it looks almost non-functional ...

sadafshah31
Newly Registered

Post by sadafshah31 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:01 pm

Can't we modify this e-petition into email send it to Theresa May/D Green?