ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to get original bank statement from Citibank India

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tier2_tier1
Newly Registered

How to get original bank statement from Citibank India

Post by tier2_tier1 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:34 pm

Hi,

I am in UK currently, but my salary account is Citibank India. How can I get the original bank statement being in UK. This is essential for showing maintenance fund.

aayushd
Newly Registered

Post by aayushd » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:45 am

Very easy. Just apply for the statement online. They will send it at your correspondence address. You can ask your indian friends/family to courier it to you.

Regards,
Aayush

rohitys
Mood:

Post by rohitys » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:33 am

even simpler...apply online and u have an option to receive a pdf file to ur email id

tier2_tier1
Newly Registered

Post by tier2_tier1 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:27 am

Hi rohitys, Is the pdf statement file sent to email id valid? It does have the Citibank logo and can be printed on Color. Do I have to get it attested by bank officials?

rohitys
Mood:

Post by rohitys » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:42 am

tier2_tier1 wrote:Hi rohitys, Is the pdf statement file sent to email id valid? It does have the Citibank logo and can be printed on Color. Do I have to get it attested by bank officials?

it is valid if u get a sign and seal on every page from citibank...

tier2_tier1
Newly Registered

Post by tier2_tier1 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:51 am

Hmm...in that case the pdf file is not valid.

Now I really dont know how to get the statements attested being in UK :(

rohitys
Mood:

Post by rohitys » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:57 am

u cud send some one in ur family to get the sign and seal and then ask them to courier u the same

arinpun
Newly Registered

Post by arinpun » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:12 pm

In my opinion the option sent by aayushd is best. I got the paper statement from CITI bank. They are very quick and you will receive it within 2 days. Then someone can send you the documents to UK.

They print it in their stationary so no need to be attested. I even got statement for 12 months in a continuous sheet (in Zfold) !!! :roll: