ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Dependent requirements

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bobbili
Newly Registered

ILR - Dependent requirements

Post by bobbili » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:05 pm

Hi - I came UK on Aug-2006 on workpermit and migrated to tier1-G on Feb-2009. I think I get an eligibility to apply ILR by Jul-2011 (Assume new rules going to be published on Apr-11 will not affects me).

My wife stayed/staying in UK in 2 terms/visits. Initially she stayed from Mar-2007 to Feb-2008 (1yr) on WP dependent. Secondly she arrived UK on Tier1G-Dependent visa on Jul-2009 to till date.

In this case, may I know is there any requirement that dependent should stay in UK for minimum period for ILR? if so, do they consider cummulative days, or only the latest visit until date of appl submission?

Please help me with your inputs.

impactcrew

Post by impactcrew » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:13 pm

Check the UKBA website for more info - it will be all on there.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:33 pm

319E. Requirements for indefinite leave to remain wrote:(d) The applicant and the Relevant Points Based System Migrant must have been living together in the UK in marriage or civil partnership, or in a relationship similar to marriage or civil partnership, for a period of at least 2 years.

regards

bobbili
Newly Registered

Post by bobbili » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:35 pm

Thanks for the link and details provided.

I have one more query pls.
As described I get eligibility on Jul-11 and due for my new baby is on May-11. In this case, do I need to apply for Tier1G Dependent visa for new born baby before I apply for ILR along with me?

Pls help, accordingly I need to plan either to stay back in UK or giong to my native country for birth

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:13 pm

If baby is born in the UK and not travelling, then baby will not need leave to remain. Else, baby will need a dependant visa to return to the UK.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

bobbili
Newly Registered

Post by bobbili » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:23 pm

Thanks a lot !

By the time I get eligibility (Jul-11), hope WP will still be considered for ILR which was my earlier visa before migrate to tier1-g...fingers crossed.

Thanks again for your responses.