ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 dependant visa issues

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

InUkOnHsmp

Tier-1 dependant visa issues

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:27 am

Hi Forum,

I applied for my newborn's Tier-1 dependant visa on the 25th Of October. Going by the timelines there was ample time, as I am flying in the end of December.

I expected the visa to come through by now, as the timelines then were 3-4 weeks.

However there has been no outcome from the UKBA, also I never received any acknowledgment of the application.

Now my query is that if this continues this way for another 2 weeks or so, I will have to start thinking about plan B. I have the following queries in this regard, can experts please comment:

1) Is there a way in which I can get my daughters passport back, with/without the visa so we can travel and apply in India?
2) Is there a way to expedite the processing by mentioning the extenuating circumstances?
3) Can we have some timelines from some people who might have recently received their visa? We do have a thread for timelines (http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 380f130f70) but going by it no one has received their visa in the last month at all, which is strange.
4) Any other suggestions?

Regards
Challenges make life worth it!

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:04 pm

1. Withdraw your application and request for passport to be returned. Travel to home country and apply for EC.
2. No.
3. Continue to keep an eye on the linked topic, the only topic for posting timelines.

regards

InUkOnHsmp

Thanks

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:07 pm

Thanks for your response sushdmehta.

Do you know whats the process for withdrawing the application?

Others in the forum, any first hand experience of doing this, and any ideas on how long it takes to get the passport back?

karurkar
Newly Registered

dependent visa for newborn in UK

Post by karurkar » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:59 pm

Hi InUkOnHsmp,

I find myself in same situation. I applied Tier 1 Dependent for my daughter who is born in UK on 4th November and fees got deducted on 5th november. Still waiting for visa.

I have same dilemma as I plan to travel in two weeks time and still the passport is with Home office. They do NOT provide anyway to understand status of the application. So I am going to wait until last minute and then postpone the trip if the situation stays same.

pallabuk
Newly Registered

in worst case scenerio

Post by pallabuk » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:40 pm

in worst case scenerio, if i call back my application and try personal appointment, the process looks confusing to me. any ideas ?

InUkOnHsmp

hey

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:52 pm

hi guys,

yeah the process to withdraw the application is not a documented one I guess, unless the experts think otherwise.

My plan is to just wait till the last moment, and then cancel my tickets and book again.

As there is no documented process for this and I might withdraw my application, lose the fees and still the passport miight not arrive on time and I will have to anyways cancel the flights.

So its safer to just wait and cancel the flight if required.

Thoughts?

pallabuk
Newly Registered

Post by pallabuk » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:30 pm

yes. exactly. planning the same, postpone the tickets.. after having patience for 2 weeks. cant really help.

dineshcv
Newly Registered

Post by dineshcv » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:18 pm

I had been to the Croydon Home office and the process to withdraw the application is as below:

1. Collect the form from the PEO, fill it appropriately and submit there.
2. If the application is in the respective PEO, you can collect the documents in 3 days or
3. The respective home office will post it with in 3 days time.

But even I am confused why the call center (0870 606 7766) guys say it will take at least 15 working days and it does NOT make any sense because reason for a withdrawl would be some emergency and if that takes 15 days, whats the point???

dineshcv
Newly Registered

Post by dineshcv » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:07 am

Hi there,

Can someone confirm if the parents passports are to be sent mandatorily for the Tier 1 dependent application?

I have only sent the copies and want to understand if that is the reason for any delays?

Regards,
Dinesh Reddy

InUkOnHsmp

Parents passports

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:56 am

Hi Dinesh,

I dont think original main-applicant passports are required for dependant visa.

Regards

dineshcv
Newly Registered

Post by dineshcv » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:22 pm

@InUkOnHsmp,
Thanks for the quick response...

dineshcv
Newly Registered

Post by dineshcv » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:35 pm

Folks,

Have an interesting case to let you all know:

- One of my friends had applied for the Tier 1 dependeent on 18th Oct and fees deducted on 20th Oct.
- They had to travel this weekend (11th Dec). So after many unsuccessful calls to Home Office, they decided to withdraw the application.
- He went to the Croydon POE today morning and submitted the application for withdrawl.
- HomeOffice called him back around noon confirming that they found the documents to be with Sheffield office and good thing was VISA is already done and will be recieving it in 2 days.

So the point is, once decided to withdraw an application we will get to know the latest status by phone on the same day and documents will be sent in 3 days (if the application is in that local POE, we can opt to collect in person). And if you are lucky, there are chances that VISA would also be issued on that passport.

Regards,
Dinesh Reddy

InUkOnHsmp

Great news!

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:14 pm

Great news Dinesh.

However, I would recommend not going this route unless your case is as critical as Dinesh's friend, otherwise home office might stop doing this.

I am sure they are not obliged to do this for us within a short timeframe and we dont want them to stop doing this for the really critical cases!

Our flight is on the 29th, and I am not planning move at all till 22nd or so.

Cheers

dineshcv
Newly Registered

Post by dineshcv » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:11 am

@InUkOnHsmp,
I am getting a feeling that I have confused you...

I am NOT saying that people who withdraw get their VISAs for SURE; it is only a little chance that it might come back with VISA.

I dont think anyone should be trying to withdraw hoping that they might get the VISA.

Please WITHDRAW only in case if there is a real reason or you will wasting your money...