ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tourist Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

poshah
Newly Registered

UK Tourist Visa

Post by poshah » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:11 pm

My parents are planning to visit UK as a tourist. Can you please tell me is a marriage certificate mandatory?

Will the Indian Ration card not suffice as a proof for the marriage ?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:20 am

The marriage certificate is not required when your parents come as tourists to the UK.

They may have to show it when they apply for the visa, that they are indeed married.

poshah
Newly Registered

Post by poshah » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:09 pm

that is what I meant, is it required to get a tourist visa? If they apply as individuals, how would it matter?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:40 am

They may want to see it, but there again I have known a number of occasions where they have not bothered at all.

I mean if your parents are an elderly couple, there is a possibility that they may not have registered their birth or marriage. If that is the case then explain that during interview or in the application.