ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR with CCJ

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

litu1

ILR with CCJ

Post by litu1 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:58 am

Does CCJ an issue of ILR refusal. I'm going to apply for ILR on the basis of 10 yrs long residency and I have a CCJ which have been satisfied and I have the satisfaction certificate from the court.
Any Moderator or person having the similar situation, please reply and help me out from this tension. :?: :?: :?:
Last edited by litu1 on Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

litu1

Re: ILR with CCJ

Post by litu1 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:10 am

please advice me on the above problem

ricky

Post by ricky » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:40 am

CCJ is not an issue when applying for ILR as long as you disclose it
if you spend sometime reading topics posted here you will see that people with CCJ were granted ILR
it might be an issue when applyng for citizenship but ILR not a problem the main thing write it down in your application
anything which been through a court must be disclosed

litu1

Post by litu1 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:29 am

Thanks Ricky. I was worried about it.

Please guys give me a little bit more advice....

litu1

Post by litu1 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:46 pm

Request to the Gurus and Moderators ...

please let me know if I need to submit any extra documentation rather than just disclose the CCJ on the SET(O) form. Your suggestions will be highly appreciated. :?:

litu1

Post by litu1 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:49 pm

litu1 wrote:Request to the Gurus and Moderators ...

please let me know if I need to submit any extra documentation rather than just disclose the CCJ on the SET(O) form. Your suggestions will be highly appreciated. :?:
about 290 views but only one reply !!!! any moderator please advise me.

litu1

Post by litu1 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:15 pm

litu1 wrote:
litu1 wrote:Request to the Gurus and Moderators ...

any one had the similar situation like mine and please tell me how did you overcome ..... :?:

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:41 pm

Litu if its before april 2011 all fine,as new rule for ILR coming inrespect of unspend convictions which no one knew,before april just disclose it in application and you get no problem.Pray for us who are applying after april 2011.

litu1

Post by litu1 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:59 pm

ssoct98@hotmail.com wrote:Litu if its before april 2011 all fine,as new rule for ILR coming inrespect of unspend convictions which no one knew,before april just disclose it in application and you get no problem.Pray for us who are applying after april 2011.
Thanks 'SSOCT98'

litu1

Post by litu1 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:52 am

ricky wrote:CCJ is not an issue when applying for ILR as long as you disclose it
if you spend sometime reading topics posted here you will see that people with CCJ were granted ILR
it might be an issue when applyng for citizenship but ILR not a problem the main thing write it down in your application
anything which been through a court must be disclosed

ricky
I have seen some of your post and realized that u haven't even got ur IRL yet and i don't know if you r a solicitor / to be a solicitor, how come you comments peoples query, especially on immigration issue. I would never do that if I don't have my own experiences or if I'm not an expert.....

ricky

Post by ricky » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:20 am

oh sorry if i wasted my time writing an answer when i noticed that no one bothered commenting specially moderators which is very understandable if you spend sometime searching in the archive of this forum you will find similar questions
if i knew you were looking for a solicitor answer i won t comment just ignore my advise , which was based purely on previous posts i have read in this forum and UK resident of people who received ILR despite CCJ
A forum is for sharing informations and helping each other but since that s not good enough good luck with your search for solicitor answer make sure you are looking in the right place for it !!!!!!!!!!!!

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:56 am

Litu, I would suggest that you either spend time searching the forum for the answer you need (easy to find if you look) or alternatively pay for professional advice. Ricky has given you good (free) advice..it's up to you whether you take it or not, but you may find a reluctance from members in replying to any future queries.
I'm going to give you a simple example:
You may know what time the No.10 bus leaves and which route it takes.
You don't necessarily have to have ridden on it. :wink:

litu1

Post by litu1 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:44 pm

Sorry Ricky and Casa ... please don't be offended, I was really worried about it but when I have spent sometimes reading this forum I feel a little bit OK now. Thanks again for your help guys.