ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea2 wait

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kuka

Post by kuka » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:58 pm

So Frustrated wrote:
kuka wrote:So frustrated, I am so sorry to hear that it affecting your marriage.
Unfortunately that's the way HO works :(. We are still waiting from Nov 08. But I hope your case will be resolved soon.
Wow, thats really long. Did they ever write to you if they need more documents or something?
Oh god Yes, I've wrote and called, and faxed and e-mailed to them so many times, so I lost count already :(

So Frustrated
Newly Registered

Post by So Frustrated » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:21 pm

Does anyone think by writing a complaint letter stating that "I am aware that you should consider the application within 6 months and or after 6 months immediatelly and holding application any longer is violeting EU regulations and we are having lots of financial loss which should be re-paid by HO" (as the law says) may be any of help?

mustarg
Newly Registered

after receiving certificate of application

Post by mustarg » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:57 pm

So Frustrated wrote:Does anyone think by writing a complaint letter stating that "I am aware that you should consider the application within 6 months and or after 6 months immediatelly and holding application any longer is violeting EU regulations and we are having lots of financial loss which should be re-paid by HO" (as the law says) may be any of help?
3.1.1 Certificate of application
Regulation 17(3) of the 2006 Regulations concerns the issue of certificates of application. When applications are made for residence cards we should immediately issue the applicants with certificates of application. The subsequent residence cards should be issued no later than six months after the date on which the application and documents were received.

So Frustrated
Newly Registered

Post by So Frustrated » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:36 pm

Hi guys

any news anyone?

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:06 pm

any updates on processing times? I'm still waiting on my wife's residence card to be issued. Haven't heard jack from the Home Office for the last 5 weeks......

djabea
Algeria

Re: eea2

Post by djabea » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:29 am

hi there
my wife is polish and she is in uk since 4 years now we maried in this year january
she have WRS and we dont know what to do
i can do familly permit or we msut wait that she have EEA1??to prouve her trity rights
im waiting for answer thanks

Morpheo

Post by Morpheo » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:50 pm

Hi All,

Good news, today I received my documents back with the PR affixed to my passport.

To give an insight.

• I applied for PR on the 20/08/2009
• COA a week letter
• I requested my passport back to travel in December
• Home office called me 18 of Feb informing that my application was successful and requesting passport back.
• I sent the passport on the 19th of Feb
• All documents back today with PR

Next: In 3 months time will start the naturalisation process

M

Valiul
Newly Registered

APPEAL EEA2

Post by Valiul » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:46 pm

I HAVE REFUSAL TO ISSUE A RESIDENCE CARD BECAUSE MY HUSBAND LOST HIS JOB....I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO....HE KEEP LOOKING JOB,WE HAVE COUPLE INTERVIEW ABOUT THAT ...BUT APPEAL APPLICATION HAVE TO BE RETURN AFTER 10 DAYS...
DO WE HAVE ANY CHANCES???

I WAS WAIT MY EEA2 MORE THAN 1 YEAR.

doesnotcompute

Re: APPEAL EEA2

Post by doesnotcompute » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:28 pm

Valiul wrote:I HAVE REFUSAL TO ISSUE A RESIDENCE CARD BECAUSE MY HUSBAND LOST HIS JOB....I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO....HE KEEP LOOKING JOB,WE HAVE COUPLE INTERVIEW ABOUT THAT ...BUT APPEAL APPLICATION HAVE TO BE RETURN AFTER 10 DAYS...

Sorry, but if your husband is not excercising his treaty rights (i.e. working/studying/self-sufficient, etc), then your chances are not good.

edwards79
Newly Registered

Post by edwards79 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:07 pm

my application is now 2 years since i submitted. i still kept calling n was told under consideration

kuka

Post by kuka » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:57 pm

Hi Guys!
Haven't been here for ages! i hope most of you have received yuor RP by now. I have quite an updaTE on our story. Who remember me we Applied for RP Novemebr 2008, ages ago. We did not have any response for a very very long time. My husband was an asylum seeker, so in March 2010 he has received his indefinite leave to remain, so we don't nee this RP any more, thanks god! So I wrote to HO about withdrawing our application back in April 2010. No reply though. And what do you think happend next!? You'd never believe, HO 've sent me an invitation for the interview in November 2010!!! when I don't want and don't need it anymore after how many years! It must be a joke! They completely ingnored request about withdrawing application! So I have to call them again to clear the air! How is that?
Last edited by kuka on Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

H O Fan
Newly Registered

EEA2

Post by H O Fan » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:13 pm

Hi Guys! Just applied for EEA2, anyone applied recently? any experience yet to share? If you post any recent experience, processing time etc. that would be very helpful.
Thx.

mtulak
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2

Post by mtulak » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:20 am

H O Fan wrote:Hi Guys! Just applied for EEA2, anyone applied recently? any experience yet to share? If you post any recent experience, processing time etc. that would be very helpful.
Thx.
hi
go to ------ EEA2 Applications - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate
n post ur msg there,,, u also c loads like u

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:

about processing stage

Post by smallpie » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:23 pm

for those of you who recieved your RC after calling HO , and was told its at the processing stage.. how long days it takes for you to get yr RC in post from the day u was told abt processing stage.. as i just called HO today 7-12-10, and the guy told me i shld hear frm then in within 10 working days.. am on the edge now tho lol

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:

how long?

Post by smallpie » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:33 pm

fshah81 wrote:All,
I have recieved my RC this tuesday 19 of Jan 2010. I applied in Jan 09. Thanks for everyones help. I had to send the additional docs begining of dec 09.
for those of you who recieved your RC after calling HO , and was told its at the processing stage.. how long days it takes for you to get yr RC in post from the day u was told abt processing stage.. as i just called HO today 7-12-10, and the guy told me i shld hear frm then in within 10 working days.. am on the edge now tho lol

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: APPEAL EEA2

Post by smallpie » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:39 pm

Valiul wrote:I HAVE REFUSAL TO ISSUE A RESIDENCE CARD BECAUSE MY HUSBAND LOST HIS JOB....I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO....HE KEEP LOOKING JOB,WE HAVE COUPLE INTERVIEW ABOUT THAT ...BUT APPEAL APPLICATION HAVE TO BE RETURN AFTER 10 DAYS...

the requirement says your eu husband or partner must be working at the time of application.. if he was working by when u applied, i dont think they will refuse it.. u may need a solicitor to be able to back your appeal application up. and prove to HO with your reasons..its best to direct your complaints to the main caseworker for your application, all the best.
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:

hiya,

Post by smallpie » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:03 pm

shandave2001 wrote:Hi Rebena

Thank you for the reply. Hope u had happy X-Mass. It is someone else's case for which I m seeking advice. No, of course no state benefits, I m just trying to understand the full rights of a Non EEA spouse in such a situation where 5 years residece hasn't been granted yet. You said in ur last post: "Also, you don’t need CoA for your Driving License. I have applied for my provisional license in Oct and they would need to see your passport."

I think UK full Driving Licence is granted to only who have indefinite leave/ permanent residence in UK, isn't it? That is what they are asking in their requirements for full UK Driving Licence. Have u applied for ur provisional licence based on ur status of EEA spouse/civil partner (even though EEA2 5 years residence hasn't been granted yet)? If yes, then what status is that? Pending application of EEA2?

The case I am dealing with, there is non-EEA partner (he) of an EEA national (she) who is exercising her treaty rights in UK. Non EEA partner has no visa to stay in UK. He has blank passport (recently issued from his embassy in UK). He is planning to send his EEA2 application based on his relationship with his qualified EEA partner. The questions are:

1: Whether should I advise him to apply for provisional driving licence
based on his relationship with EEA partner, providing both passports,
proof of their durable relationship akin to marriage (fulfilling 2 years
rule), even though he hasn't send his EEA2 case yet? Or

2: He should wait until Certificate of Application has been received after
sending his EEA2 form to HO?

3: Is Non EEA, (as a partner of an EEA who is exercising her EU treaty
right) is entitled to Driving Licence without indefinite Leave/Permanent
residence by bypassing ordinary rule of indefinite leave/permanent
residence for this purpose?

4: if such a right exist, under which EU directive/UK law it is?
in such case, the non-eea shld not apply for the uk driving licence now until granted the RC. when applying for RC with a EU NATIONAL, it doesnt require the applicant to have any visa on his passport under the EU application law..but it will be taken into consideration by the HO, and if the applicant present the required supporting docs he/she will be granted. coz according to the APPLICATION, an illegal,overstayer or offender can apply as married or unmarried partner..applicant status has little to do with the application. i got a non-eu mate whom applied with a blank passport and was granted RC within 4mnths.
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

biza
Newly Registered

My EEA2 Application is now 6 months

Post by biza » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:01 pm

Hello All,

I really do need your advise. My EEa2 application is now 6 months since I applied. I received the COA just 4 weeks after my application. And then requested my and my husband's passport back to enable us travel even though we had to cancel the trip. But till today which makes it 6 months, I haven't heard a word from them. I called the UKBA a month back and was told it's under consideration.
Please what do u advise me to do. Because my now out of status and my COA is also now expired. I wouldn't want up loose my job.

Your advice will be highly appreciated.
Many thanks
Biza

LEo2009

Re: My EEA2 Application is now 6 months

Post by LEo2009 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:55 pm

biza wrote:Hello All,

I really do need your advise. My EEa2 application is now 6 months since I applied. I received the COA just 4 weeks after my application. And then requested my and my husband's passport back to enable us travel even though we had to cancel the trip. But till today which makes it 6 months, I haven't heard a word from them. I called the UKBA a month back and was told it's under consideration.
Please what do u advise me to do. Because my now out of status and my COA is also now expired. I wouldn't want up loose my job.

Many thanks
Biza

Hi Biza

You don't need to worry but you must phone UKBA & asked about your case I hope & believe that your passport must be ready to dispatch or on its way to you. As I also applied in the month of July & received my passport yesterday.

Applied for RC in the month of July.
Received COA in the moth of August.
Phoned UKBA 5 or 6 times after four & half moths since I applied for RC.
Yesterday I received my passport with RC attached on it.
It took less than 6 months but was delayed because of Xmax & new year's holidays as I was issued RC in very early of December.

Best of Luck to U & those who are still waiting for their RC. I believe you all would get very soon.

biza
Newly Registered

Post by biza » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:44 am

Thanks.

UKBA is not with my passport as I called it back for travel. they havenot even contacted me to return it, I haven't heard a word from them.

Is the best thing chasing on UKBA or is there any better option at this time since it's now over six months. Because the sad thing is my employer might start insisting on a seeing the RC since the COA stated that the visa would be issued within 6 months.

Please has anyone experienced this? Please advise.

Many thanks and will highly appreciate every advise.

LEo2009 wrote:
biza wrote:Hello All,

Many thanks
Biza

Hi Biza

You don't need to worry but you must phone UKBA & asked about your case I hope & believe that your passport must be ready to dispatch or on its way to you. As I also applied in the month of July & received my passport yesterday.

Applied for RC in the month of July.
Received COA in the moth of August.
Phoned UKBA 5 or 6 times after four & half moths since I applied for RC.
Yesterday I received my passport with RC attached on it.
It took less than 6 months but was delayed because of Xmax & new year's holidays as I was issued RC in very early of December.

Best of Luck to U & those who are still waiting for their RC. I believe you all would get very soon.

LEo2009

Post by LEo2009 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:21 pm

biza wrote:Thanks.

UKBA is not with my passport as I called it back for travel. they havenot even contacted me to return it, I haven't heard a word from them.

Is the best thing chasing on UKBA or is there any better option at this time since it's now over six months. Because the sad thing is my employer might start insisting on a seeing the RC since the COA stated that the visa would be issued within 6 months.

Please has anyone experienced this? Please advise.

Many thanks and will highly appreciate every advise.

Hi Biza,

As I asked you before not to worry too much rather just phone UKBA & asked them what was happening with your application. I doesn't matter if they didn't asked for your passport back as they could issue you you RC on paper as many other people have been issued their RC on A4 paper.

I am sure they would definitely let you know if it is in final stage or they have already sent it to U.
Best of Luck.

Mordoklej

Post by Mordoklej » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:32 pm

Ok for those interested in processing time at the moment.

I'm Polish my wife is South Korean. We've been married for over 7 years. I've been living and working in the UK since 2004, she's been living and working here since 2005. My wife's 5 year family visa was to expire in December 2010.

She decided to take EEA2 residence route last year.

02 JUL 2010 - EEA2 application sent to UKBA by Special Delivery
03 JUL 2010 - received by UKBA
15 JUL 2010 - application sent back to us, UKBA requesting Evidence of Relationship (marriage certificate)
21 JUL 2010 - aplication received by us
22 JUL 2010 - EEA2 application sent back to UKBA with all documentation including marriage certificate
13 AUG 2010 - Certificate of Application issued, week or so later received by us.
09 DEC 2010 - application concluded but we were not aware of that until we received all documents back in January next year
05 JAN 2011 - all documents including passport and EEA2 residence card received by us.

Annoying thing is that I didn't see anywhere in EEA2 application guide and need to send marriage certificate. So we didn't send what was not mentioned.

Other quite frustrating thing was that I received my EEA3 residence card a few days after I had sent my wife's EEA2 application for the 2nd time. I would have waited a few days and applied for EEA4 if I had known. Processing time of my EEA3 application was just over 3 months.

But anyway, British citizenship is the next stage.

biza
Newly Registered

my eea2 application

Post by biza » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:07 pm

My application is now 6 months. I have just phoned UKBA and the lady said my documents are now being sent to me. But I was wondering as they haven't called my passport back after I requested it back from them. I asked the lady if it means the application was rejected. She said she can't tell me what the decision was that I should wait till I receive my docs in about 2 weeks. What do you think??

LEo2009

Re: my eea2 application

Post by LEo2009 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:08 pm

biza wrote:My application is now 6 months. I have just phoned UKBA and the lady said my documents are now being sent to me. But I was wondering as they haven't called my passport back after I requested it back from them. I asked the lady if it means the application was rejected. She said she can't tell me what the decision was that I should wait till I receive my docs in about 2 weeks. What do you think??
Hi Biza,

I don't see any reason why they would refuse you but one thing I would definitely say that you are bit worried as I was before I received my RC. Don't worry, you are getting your RC soon & it doesn't matter that they haven't asked for your passport because they would issue your RC on paper which would be perfectly alright as so many members of this forum have got their RC on A4 paper.

Good Luck & stop worrying.

Regards,
LEO

benbmxer
Mood:
Bolivia

Post by benbmxer » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:12 pm

Hi all,

Please can somebody help me with some information, probably there are some similar cases that happened in the past.

I sent my EEA2 application on October 4th 2010, and even though I know I am only in the 4th month I am a bit worried that I haven't even received the COA (I have the confirmation of delivery of the Royal Mail though).

I tried to call the only number appearing in the EEA2 application form (0845 010 5200) but I only get answering machines and cannot reach any person to tell me where my application is at the moment.

Could you please tell me which are the phone numbers to call in order to talk to them? does the fact of not having received the COA till now could mean something is wrong?

Thanks a lot for your help!

BEN