ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 CHILD BENEFIT

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

blessed1
Newly Registered

EEA2 CHILD BENEFIT

Post by blessed1 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:37 am

I am married to an EU national and just got my RC. I have 2 children from my previous relationship and would like to know if they are eligible for child benefits. Both children were born here.

And is there any benefit that I'm not eligible to get. I am a national of a commonwealth member.
Thanks

rinna
Newly Registered

Post by rinna » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:55 pm

Hi Blessed, as far as i know the EEA2 has no restrictions on it so you can claim benefit for your children if you have an NI number and can prove they are your children by providing their birth certificate.
You can claim child benefit, child tax credit and working tax credit. But i don't know about the rest.
If i were you i will only claim the above and leave the Housing and the Council tax benefit as to my opinion that will be claiming too much.
Just claim what the kids are entitled to and find a job so you can pay for your rent and council tax. All the best

peterkyjovsky
Newly Registered

Residency card not accepted on child benefit

Post by peterkyjovsky » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:11 pm

I am apply for Child Benefit and Child tax but they never listen about Residence card and they asking for Worker Registration Scheme Certificate.
Then I will try it trough citizens advisers.