ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Some questions Regarding PSW application from inside the UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

6pandn21
Nepal

Some questions Regarding PSW application from inside the UK

Post by 6pandn21 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:27 am

Hello everyone!

I am thinking of applying for PSW as I have completed my bachelors degree with a first class honors. I still have the visa till the 31st of December 2011 as my course was supposed to be a 4 years course with foundation but after seeing my qualification, the university decided that I would not need to do foundation allowing me to complete my degree a year before. And I thought the best option now for me would be to apply for PSW as doing masters is a bit expensive at the moment and trying to find work with a student visa while not studying doesn't feel like a good idea in the long run or am I wrong to think so?

Coming to PSW, I read and while computing my points, the maintainence funds was supposed to be 800 pounds for three months but reading from think link http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... k#22871954; it is saying something which is confusing me.

It states,
Maintenance (Funds) [10 points available]
Even if you have attained the pass mark of 75 in the Attributes section thereby satisfying the English language requirement, your application will be refused if you do not pass the Maintenance (Funds) requirement.

You must be able to support yourself for the entire duration of your stay in the UK without needing any help from public funds. In order to qualify under Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) you must be able to demonstrate that you have £2,800 for yourself and (where applicable) £1,600 for each dependant accompanying you and that you have held these amounts for a minimum period of 3 months immediately preceding and dated no more than 1 month prior to the date you submit your application. The balance should not fall below the required minimum at any time during the 3 month period.
What is the 2,800 being talked about here and will I be fine if I apply with 800 GBP in my account for the last 5-6 months. I am supposing I should be fine as the points calculator stated we needed 800 pound for the last three month?

And do I need just the bank statement or do I need any sort of letter as well? I am a Barclays customer; does anyone have any idea how long it takes for a original Bank statement to be produce?

I hope some good people will be kind enough to read through my list of queries and provide some feedback. I will be ever grateful.

Regards,

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:43 am

Because you are looking at information on UKVisas website, a website meant for people applying from outside the UK. If applying from within the UK, refer to UKBA website.

See also Tier 1 (PSW) policy guidance.

regards

6pandn21
Nepal

Post by 6pandn21 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:04 am

Thank you very much.