ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR applicaiton for myself, my wife and two daughters

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

seaninderry
Newly Registered

ILR applicaiton for myself, my wife and two daughters

Post by seaninderry » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:52 pm

Hi folks,

this is my situation:

1) I came to UK in Oct 2002, as a PhD student,

2) I got work permit in Dec 2005 in UK, and started to work on 12/12/2005 (full time)

3) the limited leave to remain came out on 31 Jan 2006, valid until 31 Dec 2009

4) renewed T2 SW (general) Migrant valid until 14 Jan 2011.

5) my wife come to the UK in the summer of 2006 as my dependant. From Oct 2005 to July 2006 as a master student, but did not change her visa. After that she found a full time job.

6) my first daughter came to the UK in the summer of 2007, then started primary school.

7) my second daughter born in Sep 2010 in the UK. Currently we are waiting for her passport.

the questions:

1) From what date am I qualified to apply ILR?

2) I called the BA enquiry twice to ask for my qulify date, and they told me differently: the first one said that I am qualified fron 17/12/2010. while the second one said all my limited leave to remain is not up to 5 years, so I should apply for Limited leave to remain extension first then apply ILR. I am confused. Do not know which one to trust.

3) We are going to apply together. Is there any issue?

4) Is my application a straight case?

5) Which one is better: premium or postal application?

Thanks in advance.

:D

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:59 pm

Your 5-year qualifying period started when you initially had leave to enter/remain as a work permit holder in the UK.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.