ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent: T1G is on hold due to current employer verification

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

riteshgaur

Urgent: T1G is on hold due to current employer verification

Post by riteshgaur » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:06 am

Hello everyone,

One of my friend applied on 19th Nov from Mumbai VFS.
Latter BHC has sent an email to her current employer(HR Head) asking for her employment verification. But, the employer is not ready to reply to the mail and creating problem on her current employment.

Could you ppl suggest some way to get out of this?
Please treat this as an urgent request.
Regards
Ritesh

kutlee

Post by kutlee » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:11 am

looks tricky. Have never thought BHC would do that. If it's a small time company, then he can try convincing the case and ban for 10 years etc. To be on the safer side, including offer letter might have helped clear BHC's doubt. Since BHC is asking the employer, there is little we can do on this.

riteshgaur

Post by riteshgaur » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:14 am

Thanks for th reply.

Any other ideas from anyone else?

Sush can you help me on this?
Regards
Ritesh

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:15 am

I don't really see any way out of this other than the employer complying and confirming your friend's employment. Are there no laws or codes of ethics in India whereby HR departments have to comply and verify any information requested?

kutlee

Post by kutlee » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:43 am

since the HR is not denying the employment, and playing delay tactics, she can try best through managers, others in HR etc. This is not wrong information that they are going to provide. Typical dadagiri i think!

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Post by mtuckersa » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:00 am

Send an email or fax to the HR department asking why they have not responded to the query. If they could provide a reason for not responding. And that the matter needs to be dealt with URGENTLY!!

Something along the lines that it needs to be dealt with 'before end of business today!'

Put pressure on them, with no pressure they wont do anything otherwise they must provide you a reason

riteshgaur

Post by riteshgaur » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:48 am

mtuckersa wrote:Send an email or fax to the HR department asking why they have not responded to the query. If they could provide a reason for not responding. And that the matter needs to be dealt with URGENTLY!!

Something along the lines that it needs to be dealt with 'before end of business today!'

Put pressure on them, with no pressure they wont do anything otherwise they must provide you a reason

Guys here an update ...its too bad.

She has informed me that she has being terminated from current company. :(

Actaully, as informed BHC has asked for employment verification but alongwith that they also attached her previuos earning claims, which also says that she was doing freelance on wekends.

Now due to these 2 reasons (not informing abt visa application and other earnings), the employer has terminated her immidiately.

My query:
Could she contact BHC , since she has BHC officer name with email id (which was mentioned in BHC mail and fwd by HR to her) and explain her position and say that since she has being terminated, which proves that she was employer of current company and also state that due to aspiration of Visa, she has lost the job also.

Any more idea .. please
Regards
Ritesh

new_to_it_all

Post by new_to_it_all » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:37 am

This is a very sad situation and many others on this board have posted similar things about not telling their employers about their applications for fear of reprisal.

There should be a method of proving employment without jealous employers being able to take over the proceedings and ruining people's chances. Surely BHC must be aware of such cases where applicants are under pressure from their employers. Strict laws for rights of employees dont exist world over and especially in countries like India and Pakistan where people live in fear of holding on to their jobs.

My question is, what if an amployer doesnt even inform the employee that he has received any communication from BHC and delays on purpose.

How did your friend find out that BHC had written to their employer?

Maybe if applicants have problematic employers they should voice their concern to BHC at the application stage. But then again that could be misconstrued as well... hmmm :?

riteshgaur

Post by riteshgaur » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:46 am

In this case the employer (HR head) called and informed the employee that there is mail from BHC.

Its an learning to avaoid these situation: We should not give contact of HR head to BHC in the application rather pass on the contact infos of HR executive etc, who are more friendly and familiar.
Regards
Ritesh

riteshgaur

Post by riteshgaur » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:56 pm

Can this be handled in AR?
Regards
Ritesh

t1s2010
Member of Standing

Post by t1s2010 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:18 pm

This is really sad to hear.

AR is little tricky without employer consent..
UKBA mentions in guidance note that your employer and bank contact should be able to confirm your claim.
Extra information required
143. An applicant must provide full contact details for each source of income he/she gives us, so we can verify all supporting documents if necessary.
Your friend need to have verifiable details.
Though no use, i wish your friend had given details of a HR exec who is friend of his/her.

Employer consent (contact detail provided) somehow is only chance.

parham.r

Post by parham.r » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:30 pm

if there is no chance to convince the employer she can withdraw her application immediately. Although her money would be wasted, her application will not be refused.

This is just my opinion and I am not an expert.

manu2000
Newly Registered

T1G is on hold due to current employer verification

Post by manu2000 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:45 am

Hi All,
I am planning to apply in Jan and in a similar situation. In addition to my permanent job, I am planning to show the contract work undertaken during this period. While UKBA asks for verification of my current employment, if they mention that I am doing contract job outside my permanent job, I fear it will cause problems for me in my current job...:(:(
My question is, can I mention this in cover letter saying that as per my company policy I am not allowed to do contract job outside my permanent job and kindly not pass the information about this to my permanent employer. For verifying contract job, I am submitting the bank statement, accountant letter, Form 16A and letter from employer.
Please have your valuable suggestions/comments on this..

riteshgaur

Post by riteshgaur » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:54 am

You can mention in the cover letter but you cannot dictate term by saying do not contact my employer ... it will worsen your case.
Regards
Ritesh

bloke

Post by bloke » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:30 am

If you mention this in your application it might be rejected outright because as per what you have written you are asking them to conceal a fraud
Hi All,
I am planning to apply in Jan and in a similar situation. In addition to my permanent job, I am planning to show the contract work undertaken during this period. While UKBA asks for verification of my current employment, if they mention that I am doing contract job outside my permanent job, I fear it will cause problems for me in my current job...
My question is, can I mention this in cover letter saying that as per my company policy I am not allowed to do contract job outside my permanent job and kindly not pass the information about this to my permanent employer. For verifying contract job, I am submitting the bank statement, accountant letter, Form 16A and letter from employer.
Please have your valuable suggestions/comments on this..

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:41 am

It follows that if you are ready to deceive your employer and hide something from them, you might be deceiving the UKBA as well. This is something the UKBA is very much against and I would not follow this route at all.

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Post by mtuckersa » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:27 am

riteshgaur wrote:
mtuckersa wrote:Send an email or fax to the HR department asking why they have not responded to the query. If they could provide a reason for not responding. And that the matter needs to be dealt with URGENTLY!!

Guys here an update ...its too bad.

She has informed me that she has being terminated from current company. :(

Actaully, as informed BHC has asked for employment verification but alongwith that they also attached her previuos earning claims, which also says that she was doing freelance on wekends.

Now due to these 2 reasons (not informing abt visa application and other earnings), the employer has terminated her immidiately.

My query:
Could she contact BHC , since she has BHC officer name with email id (which was mentioned in BHC mail and fwd by HR to her) and explain her position and say that since she has being terminated, which proves that she was employer of current company and also state that due to aspiration of Visa, she has lost the job also.

Any more idea .. please
was she legally entitled to do freelance work on the weekends? or was that a conflict of interest? ie what did the contract state. if so then I would agree with mulderpf and say she took that risk and as you know there are consequences that come with risks