ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant to tier 1 to dependant to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

visaforv10

Dependant to tier 1 to dependant to ILR

Post by visaforv10 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:31 pm

Dear all,

Need your advise.

I have been in UK on dependant visa of work permit holder for last 28 months. I plan to apply for my tier 1 after a month or so when I visit my home country.

If I change my visa status from dependant visa to tier 1 now, my wife continues to work on tier 2 till we complete five years in UK. After five years, I change my visa status to her dependant again and we both apply for settlement (as per current rules). Will I qualify for settlement in this case?

Thanks in advance

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:29 pm

Your clock will be reset if you change your status to Tier 1.

However, after you subsequently change back to being your wife's Tier 2 dependant, then you may apply for ILR with her, if you have lived with her in a relationship similar to marriage or civil partnership for at least two years in the UK.

But why bother changing status to Tier 1 then?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.