ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

uk citizen want to marry my pakistani bf

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

confusedlove
Newly Registered

uk citizen want to marry my pakistani bf

Post by confusedlove » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:37 am

My bf is from pakistan he came here on a student visa but overstayed, when in detention he applied for asylumn but was refused, so he voluntaryaly went back to pakistan on his own expenses in march 2009. i have been in a relationship for over 2 years now and after convincing my parents we are going to get married 2011, my question is when applying for him to come to uk with me will there be any restrictions? or will it just be like any other marriage visa application? please help, its taking me so long to get this far and i just want to live my life with him now.

confusedlove
Newly Registered

Post by confusedlove » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:25 am

he only applied for asylum coz i asked hin to coz at the time i really needed him to stay to convince our parents on the marriage.

confusedlove
Newly Registered

Post by confusedlove » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:52 pm

we met through my cousin, my bf's famiy is family friend of my family, my age is irrelivant. This has nithing to do with how we met the question is will it have an affect in his visa application inshallah it shouldnt do coz we have enough proof to establish our relationship is geniun the rest well its up to god, he brought us together so he will bring us through this hurdle. i was just after some advice nothing more.

HRY2005
Member of Standing

Post by HRY2005 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:25 pm

confusedlove wrote:my age is irrelivant.
You've got to be over 21, both of you. I think thats why that question came about.
Live and let live

confusedlove
Newly Registered

Post by confusedlove » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:29 pm

oh ok im aware of that thank yea we both over 21 x so do u have any advice for us? do u think it will be a problem bringing him over? even i have enough vadility of our rlationship?

HRY2005
Member of Standing

Post by HRY2005 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:01 pm

I dont think his past should affect him but as you've been warned already, its at the disrection of the ECO. I will consider getting married in Pakistan if I'm in that position, then apply for a Spouse visa.

Its only my opinion, you can consult a qualified solicitor for expert advice.
Live and let live

confusedlove
Newly Registered

Post by confusedlove » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:16 pm

its ok i will trust ur opinion, n thanks for taking the time out to discuss this with me and yea i was gonna go to pakistan and get married anway n apply for tge spouse visa. thank you and god bless u.