ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refused EEA2 application due to comprehensive sickness ins.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nomad88
Newly Registered

Refused EEA2 application due to comprehensive sickness ins.

Post by nomad88 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:49 am

Dear all,
My wife and I sent our EEA2 application about 7 months ago. We have received all our documents back (except my passaport) 3 weeks ago with a rejection letter due to missing comprehensive sickness insurance (my wife is self sufficent). The rejection letter was giving us 3 choices; leaving UK, appealing or sending further documents. We decided to buy a comprehansive private health insurance from BUPA which covers all the family members and sent it as the further document The problem is HO does not give us approximate processing time and they also say that we can not ask for returning my pasport since we decided to send further documents. If we want to pasport back they want our confirmation for permanent leaving from UK. My question is that, is there anyone who actually have been through the same problem? Isn't this a little weird they reject to give us any information about processing time and in the mean time do not let us travel until they decide? Your help will be appreciate.

* My wife,I and our daugter are all registered in NHS and even the most comprehensive private health insurance does not cover any more than NHS does:?:

Many thanks.
Kind regards.

kashyme

Post by kashyme » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:00 pm

Hi nomad88
It looks as your EEA sponsor is exercising treaty rights as either student or self sufficient person. In both cases you need comprehensive health insurance. So buy one for the whole family and send with other required documents.

You can also attach a covering letter and request them that you already waited for 7 months and will be thankful if they decide it as soon as possible.

I hope it will work.

Best wishes

nomad88
Newly Registered

Post by nomad88 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:09 pm

Hi kashyme,
Thank you for your answer.As i said I already bought a private health insurance which is covering all family members and I sent it to HO. What i wonder is there anyone who has been through the same or similar situation. Because what HO says on this point is that, I can not get my pasport back for travel purposes and they can not tell me any approximate processing time. I would be happy for answers.

Kind regards.

nomad88
Newly Registered

Post by nomad88 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:11 pm

Hello again,

Isn't there anyone in the forum, who can actually give me an advise about this situation? HO acting like we are stuck in UK if we want our application to be reconsidered. Your help will be appreciate.

Kind regards.

ccccp
Newly Registered

SAME boat

Post by ccccp » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:42 am

Hi I am in the same boat as you got refused with 3 options .Could you please update me on the outcome.Did they reconsider your application and give you viza after all even if you bought it CSI after refusal?
Thank you in advance for any input as you know how painful it is after 10 month of waiting.
nomad88 wrote:Hello again,

Isn't there anyone in the forum, who can actually give me an advise about this situation? HO acting like we are stuck in UK if we want our application to be reconsidered. Your help will be appreciate.

Kind regards.

poltrade

Post by poltrade » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:56 pm

yes plz could you inform us about the anser from the home office coz too many peaple in here go same problem

djmobeus
Newly Registered

Post by djmobeus » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:15 pm

My wife and I were in a similar situation. EEA2 was refused because they did not consider pay slips and rent from previous EU member state we were living at as enough proof of employment and residence and we got the same 3 options. We sent plenty of additional documents but 5 months later we got another letter stating that the original refusal decision was correct and that it is still being refused. It seems like they did not even take the additional documents in to consideration and we are now unfortunately looking in to getting a lawyer to help us.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:31 pm

djmobeus wrote:EEA2 was refused because they did not consider pay slips and rent from previous EU member state we were living at as enough proof of employment and residence and we got the same 3 options.
In the context of this thread this doesn't seem to make sense. Are you British and thus have applied as returning citizen?

djmobeus
Newly Registered

Post by djmobeus » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:33 pm

correct

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:43 pm

Then you should either update one of your previous threads or open a new one if necessary. I am sure people here would be very interested to know why your employment and residence history in another member state were not considered sufficient proof of having been a worker there.

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:03 pm

ok i am gonna say what i feel might be right but better check with Gurus etc.

could you check if you can reapply for FMRS in case your eea 2 is refuse or you go out from the country and re-enter on eea family permit..

IF THERE is no FMRS can you reapply for any family visa extension from with in UK?

Thanks

Tanic
Newly Registered

Post by Tanic » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:32 pm

Send a complaint to : Nwcsu@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Detailing everything on your claim, your waiting times & that you now have comprehensive health care

State that you are completely dissatisfied that its taken nearly 7 mths etc etc

They are very good & do respond to emails - you will also have a point of contact then

Hope this helps - good luck

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:39 pm

Tanic wrote:Detailing everything on your claim, your waiting times & that you now have comprehensive health care
Who are you responding to? The original post is now nearly 8 months old. The second person with CSI problems posted 5 months ago.

Punjab
BANNED

SOME CONFUSION

Post by Punjab » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:39 pm

ASFAR AS I UNDERSTOOD, THIS GENTLEMAN HAS NO INSURANCE IN PAST AND NOW HE BOUGHT.

WILL IT BE STILL VALID FOR THE PAST TIME WHEN HE HAD NO INSURANCE?

Many thanks in dvance for your answer/

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:41 pm

Please obey point 6 in the T&Cs.

Tanic
Newly Registered

Post by Tanic » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:05 pm

86ti wrote:
Tanic wrote:Detailing everything on your claim, your waiting times & that you now have comprehensive health care
Who are you responding to? The original post is now nearly 8 months old. The second person with CSI problems posted 5 months ago.
My bad didnt engage the brain & read the date on the 1st post :(