ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Name Mismatch

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

HeartAttack
Newly Registered

Name Mismatch

Post by HeartAttack » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:12 pm

Hi Guys,
Hope all you are doing great :)
I am having couple of doubts as mentioned

1.There is no surname in educational document and passport; It only shows first-name whereas my payslips and bank statement shows both my surname and first-name.

2. During the earning period my company name changed from Merrill lynch to Bank of america, so some of my payslip shows Name bank of america and some shows Merrill Lynch whereas in bank statement it shows the name Merrill Lynch.

Do I need to provide any supporting document for above two?
I searched in forum regarding surname mismatch where people suggested
to get a notarized document, Is that enough ?

Any help or comment is highly appreciated.

ChetanOjha

Re: Name Mismatch

Post by ChetanOjha » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:06 pm

Surname Change: It is fine. You can provide affidavit stating the same. I had the similar issue where spelling of my name was changed but phonetic is same. I provided affidavit and it was accepted by HO for my HSMP,Tier-1 and then ILR.

Change of Company name: You can take letter from your company about the same. But even if you mention this in your application (without providing employee letter) I think you will be fine as i think everybody knows about ML or BOA. :-)

HeartAttack wrote:Hi Guys,
Hope all you are doing great :)
I am having couple of doubts as mentioned

1.There is no surname in educational document and passport; It only shows first-name whereas my payslips and bank statement shows both my surname and first-name.

2. During the earning period my company name changed from Merrill lynch to Bank of america, so some of my payslip shows Name bank of america and some shows Merrill Lynch whereas in bank statement it shows the name Merrill Lynch.

Do I need to provide any supporting document for above two?
I searched in forum regarding surname mismatch where people suggested
to get a notarized document, Is that enough ?

Any help or comment is highly appreciated.

kutlee

Post by kutlee » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:48 am

for name mismatch, an affidavit should help. search forum for a format for this. my degree certificate had only initals. affidavit worked and got visa.
i think bank names should not be an issue. do you have seperate bank statements before and after bank name change?

HeartAttack
Newly Registered

Post by HeartAttack » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:15 am

Thanks chetan and kutlee

I am going to take a notarized document and regarding name regarding company name I also believe mentioning on cover letter would help and i will post the link of website where it shows about the merger.

Thank you guys.

Another question

As my university is listed on PBS calculator then I don't need any letter from university? Right?.
I searched the forum for same and found sushdmehta comments there , please verify this as well

Thanks in advance and good day ahead.

kutlee

Post by kutlee » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:23 am

If your question is on the english points, no need of any sort of letter from univ if you have original degree certificate. Check whether PBS awards points for english for your university. Provide only adequate documentation.

HeartAttack
Newly Registered

Post by HeartAttack » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:13 pm

For name - Shall I mention my passport number, degree details, bank account number and salary slip details in notarized affidavit or i shall only write that name in degree and passport is XXXX and name in bank account and salary slip is XXXX YYYY(with surname).

Please suggest