ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NON-EEA mother in law visiting UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry
kavanspace

NON-EEA mother in law visiting UK

Post by kavanspace » Sun May 14, 2006 1:05 am

Hi all,

I am non-EEA national & my wife is an EEA national. I have 5 years Residence Permit. We both work FULL TIME. We would like to invite my mother to visit us and spend sometime with us. I am using VAF1 form to apply.

1. Can she apply as EEA FAMILY PERMIT option on VAF1 form or just FAMILY VISITOR?

2. Do we need to send her any documents to add to her application?If yes, which documents?? Do I need to show any finances details?

Please explain. Your help is much appreciated.
Many thanks in advance.

Cheers

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun May 14, 2006 8:51 am

What nationality is your mother? She only needs a visa to enter the UK as a visitor if she is a so-called visa national. It is certainly not the case that all non-EEA citizens are visa nationals.

How long is it intended that your mother visits you? That is, how long will she be in the UK?
John

kavanspace

Post by kavanspace » Sun May 14, 2006 2:03 pm

Hi John,

Thanks for the replly. My mother holds Indian nationality and she intends to stay for between 3 to 6 months.

What type of visa she can appply EEA family or family visit.?

Do I need to send any documents or financial documents?

Cheers
Kavan.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun May 14, 2006 2:07 pm

A visitor's visa is appropriate. In order to get that either the applicant needs to show they can afford to finance the trip themselves, or alternatively you need to undertake that you will do so, and indeed prove that you can afford to do so.
John