ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

BJ21

Post by BJ21 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:59 am

ukpl wrote:
Smallfamily wrote:
ukpl wrote:
thanks for the number
phoned and automated voice told me they can't give any update for application issued less than 6 month ago... service well below the par for £1k paid :(

which option guys do you chose to get to speak to human being?
Option 2 and then option 3... u will get the same standard reply from the operator..."we cant tell u anything unless application is 6 months old" but sometimes if you ask them very nicely than someone may tell u whats happening with ur app at the moment. Good luck
thanks again for the above,
but..........

it is now irrelevant 'cos I've just received approval letter, yey :D

all done and dusted in 17 days, am so happy
thanks for all the info gathered from this forum
and GOOD LUCK to all of you :)
Congratulation!!!

Smallfamily

Post by Smallfamily » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:59 am

Congradulation ukpl :D and to BJ21 (forgot to say to him earlier) :lol:

BJ21

Post by BJ21 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:04 am

haifeng wrote:
BJ21 wrote:
haifeng wrote:Hey..bj21 and smallfamily,have u guys received invitation letter for ceremony yet?I haven't,approval letter from HO says we need to wait until we get that letter to book for ceremony huh.,
hi haifeng
got the approval letter. called Council for citizenship booking, gave me 10 min appointment on monday 4pm, after that they will give me the date of citizenship ceromony (public). regards.

@Ice-Breaker, any news m8?
so u have both approval letter and invitation letter for ceremony as well?

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:49 pm

Congrats! ukpl and BJ21

Still waiting for ours though...

Tangozebra
Newly Registered

Re: TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

Post by Tangozebra » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:54 pm

Final timeline
======================
Ceremony: 01/12/2010
Passport application: 01/12/2010
Passport interview: 07/12/2010
Passport received: 09/12/2010

Thank you guys, thats me done! All the best to those of you that are still waiting.

Tangozebra wrote:
Tangozebra wrote:
balded wrote:Dude, if you knew that you need your passport, what didn't
you use the NCS service ???

Tangozebra wrote:
Mate, I have been waiting for 9 weeks and 2 days. As I have said before, I called UKBA numerous times and each time I got the standard answer. Additionally, I just got the job of my dreams but UKBA seems to want to prevent me from proving my eligibility to work by holding on to my passport, thus, I have had to request my passports back this Wednesday and I hope that it will force someone to take a look at my applicatiom.

I cannot understand why they are taking so long as my father is naturalised british, wife is british, son is british and I have never committed a crime and always paid taxes, but somehow UKBA has found an excuse to hold on to my application and not process it. It is even more disappointing when people with declared convictions or spent offence get processed in record time, however, people like me are made to wait. I also do not understand why the system is so user unfriendly. In essence we are treated like dirt despite the fact that we have just shelled out £735 of our hard earned money.

Again, to stop winding myself up too much, this is the last time I will be dealing with UKBA as after my approval, I won't have any reason to engage them anymore, so I'll enjoy the ride for one last time.
I hear you, but the thing is when submitting an extremely straight forward application you never expect it to get stuck at UKBA. It does not matter now as done bun cannot be undone and I only decided to pursue a job opportunity 5 weeks after applying.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

My strategy worked. My application was approved on the same day I asked for my passports back. Hurray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But they did not return my wife's british passport :oops: .

Full time line
===================
Applied: 17th Sept. 2010
Payment declined: 23 Sept 2010
New Payment taken: 05 Oct 2010
Approved: 17th Nov 2010

To GOD be the glory.

iwantILR
Newly Registered

My timeline and thanks

Post by iwantILR » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:00 pm

Here is my Timeline

NCS or Postal: NCS
Date of submission: 17th Nov 2010
Payment debited on: 23rd Nov 2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 26th Nov 2010 (dated 23/11/2010)
Date of approval: 3rd December 2010
Date of receipt of Approval : 10th December 2010
Date of ceremony -Awaiting
Date of Passport application - Awaiting
IPS letter for interview sent out on Awaiting
IPS letter for interview received Awaiting
Date of Interview: Awaiting
Receipt of passport: Awaiting

It’s taken only 16 Days (Date of submission: 17th Nov 2010 Date of approval: 3rd December 2010)
Home Office deserves an applaud for such great turnaround times!
Good luck to all other applicants!
And a big thanks to this forum's Moderators
Rgds

Smallfamily

Post by Smallfamily » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:06 pm

ICEBREAKER wrote:It has been more than 2 months now and ukba is still saying my applicarion is under process.

Mate have u heard anything from HO... any update??

kashyme

Post by kashyme » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:12 pm

application reached HO on 5-11-10
Ackn letter dated 9-11-10 recieved by solicitor
Cheque processed 15-11-10
Called HO today , informed that decision has been made 7-12-10
they sent the letter to my solicitor

Hoping the best

khaweriba

NCS

Post by khaweriba » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:16 pm

Dear All

I have taken appointment to submit my documents for Nationality via NCS. Please advise if NCS will post my application or I will have to provide them the envelop. Secondly do I have to enclosed a SPECIAL DELIVERY envelop for return?

Appreicate your response.

Khawer

Sandieo
Newly Registered

Approved

Post by Sandieo » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:19 pm

I have toady received my approval for British Citizenship letter from UKBA and my invitation to the Citizenship Ceremony from Liverpool City Council for the 2/1/11.
Timeline so far ...
Nationality - Nigerian
31.10.05 - ILR under the 14 year Long stay.
10/11/10 - After 5 years ILR appointment at Liverpool NCS.
11/11/10 - Application Submitted to UKBA.
16/11/10 - Fee taken from debit card
20/11/10 - Acknowledgement letter dated 16/11/10 received.
13/12/10 - Approval letter dated 1/12/10 received.
2/1/11 - Citizenship Ceremony ( Public).
At long last I am almost at the end of this journey, good luck to others waiting. This has been a very informative and helpful forum , thanks to all for their useful advice !

Smallfamily

Re: NCS

Post by Smallfamily » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:59 pm

khaweriba wrote:Dear All

I have taken appointment to submit my documents for Nationality via NCS. Please advise if NCS will post my application or I will have to provide them the envelop. Secondly do I have to enclosed a SPECIAL DELIVERY envelop for return?

Khawer
Hi Khawer,
NCS will post your application through royal mail special delievery...that is what I experinced. Secondly enclosing a SPECIAL DELIVERY envelop for return depends on you. I didn't in my case but got my approval through 2nd class mail. I think I would have received it quicker if I enclosed a SPECIAL DELIVERY envelop for return. Hope this helps

wp_to_tier1_168

Re: NCS

Post by wp_to_tier1_168 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:18 pm

Smallfamily wrote:
khaweriba wrote:Dear All

Khawer
Hi Khawer,
NCS will post your application through royal mail special delievery...that is what I experinced. Secondly enclosing a SPECIAL DELIVERY envelop for return depends on you. I didn't in my case but got my approval through 2nd class mail. I think I would have received it quicker if I enclosed a SPECIAL DELIVERY envelop for return. Hope this helps
Hi Both,

It's entirely up to you whether to enclose a special delivery envelop or not for postal submission, however I guess it may be better to do so as you need secure return of your oginal documents.

Yes, mostly NCS would post your application to UKBA via special delivery. To me, I did prepare a return envelop for NCS, but they seemed quite reluctant if I could have enclosed it. In the end, I didn't.

navnas

Post by navnas » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:31 am

wow congrats every body who got their approvals !

got a query if some one can help here ....my wife applied through NCS as a spouse of BC ( naturalised ) this week . As our marriage was performed overseas so she submitted the translated version of marriage certificate but NCS said that they still want to see the one in the foreign language which i have lost i think...as i was with my wife there so tried to convince them that we had used the translated version on all occasions ( entry clearance , HSMP extentions and uptill ILR ) so it should be fine and accepted but he told us to expect delays :-( but accepted the application

Have any of you got similar experience if any ???

dee74
Newly Registered

Post by dee74 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:12 pm

ukpl wrote:
Smallfamily wrote:
ukpl wrote:

it is now irrelevant 'cos I've just received approval letter, yey :D

all done and dusted in 17 days, am so happy
thanks for all the info gathered from this forum
and GOOD LUCK to all of you :)
Good job! but the thing is that travelling back to Poland you still need to produce your Polish ID as according to the Polish law you cannot identify yourself as a foreigner being the Citizen od PL.
However a few weeks ago I successfully departed Krakow airport on the UK Passport...... Just a matter of luck (my Polish ID was left in a checked-in luggage)

SMOOTH OPERATOR

Post by SMOOTH OPERATOR » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:56 pm

The End of the Journey

NCS or Postal: Postal
Nationality: Nigerian
CRITERIA - 3 Years (Spouse + ILR)
Date of submission: 11September 2010
Date reached HO: 15 Sep 2010
Date of Debit Card deduction: 17 Sep 2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgment letter: 23 Sep 2010
Date UKBA made decision: 29 Sep 2010
Date of receipt of approval: 01 Oct 2010 (Enclosed Special Delivery Envelope with application)
Date of receipt of Ceremony Invitation letter: 08 Oct 2010
Date of ceremony - 14 Oct 2010 (10 Mins)
Date of Passport application - 3 Dec 2010 Postal (Special Delivery)
Date recived By IPS: 06 Dec 2010
Interview booked over the phone: 08 Dec 2010
Date of Interview letter receipt - 09 Dec 2010
Date of receipt of supporting documents - 08 Dec 2010 (sent on 06 Dec 2010)
Date of Passport interview - 09 Dec 2010
Date of receipt of passport - 14 dec 2010 (2010 New style passport)

I would like to thank every single member who have helped in informing me, updating me, posting their expreience and sharing their views with me and others. I cannot thank you all enough aboout this journey that i started in July 2007. may you all continue to get good news based on your application.

May the Force be with You all.

manutd666

Post by manutd666 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:05 pm

Good afternoon,
I am quiet confused with my wife’s passport application, from what I have read on here it is possible to get the reference number over the phone ( 03002220000 ips number), however when she phoned them they wouldn’t gave it her ( she has rang twice) we have used the postal service and not the check and send ( apparently that’s why they couldn’t give out the reference number) I was lead to believe that it shouldn’t matter how we sent the application.
As we included a special delivery envelope with the application (so we would receive all the documents securely) I was able to track that envelope (it was suppose to get delivered today, however seems for some odd reason they do not guaranty next day delivery anymore therefore we might get it tomorrow), so if they have already sent the documents back why couldn’t they just give out the reference number (so we can book for the interviewer) just like other members did on here.
:?

kchakravarthi

Passport Interview Today-Chelmsford

Post by kchakravarthi » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:50 pm

Hello all,
I posted the PP application on 1st Dec and it reached the IPS office on 10th. I called IPS on 13th to know the status. They said they have sent back my supporting docs and i can book for the interview. They gave me the ref# and I booked the intvw on 14th at chelmsford as London office is fully booked till 20th.
As most of the people thought, it was not at all difficult to get the ref#. Infact i called them twice and they were very helpful in clearing my doubts and without asking suggested me to note the ref # and book the intvw!!
Intvw lasted for 10 mnts and they are usual questions which others have already told, so i won't repeat them here.
I should be getting the PP in a week hopefully :-)
My advise is don't send by check n send service as mine got delayed by 10 days! but post it urself for next day delivery!, also try booking at chelmsford as they have lots of empty slots available for interview immediately.
All the best and thanks for all the forum members who helped me with all the information i needed time to time.

Smallfamily

Post by Smallfamily » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:04 pm

Query regrading passport application

Hi
Can some one pls advice me should I add £3 extra along the passport fee or should I send a self paid special deleivery envolope for receiving the docs back.
I'm planning not to use "check n send service " as it is not recommended by many people on this forum. Thanks for the advice in advance. :)

lboro

Post by lboro » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:30 pm

Smallfamily wrote:should I add £3 extra along the passport fee or should I send a self paid special deleivery envolope for receiving the docs back.
It is cheaper to pay £3 extra than buying a special delivery envelope!

mid13
Newly Registered

Post by mid13 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:17 pm

BJ21 wrote:Here is my Timeline

NCS or Postal: NCS
Date of submission: 15th Nov 2010
Payment debited on: 17th Nov 2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 26th Nov 2010 (dated 18/11/2010)
Date of approval: 2nd December 2010
Date of receipt of Approval : 10th December 2010
Date of ceremony -Awaiting
Date of Passport application - Awaiting
IPS letter for interview sent out on Awaiting
IPS letter for interview received Awaiting
Date of Interview: Awaiting
Receipt of passport: Awaiting

It’s taken only 17 Days (Date of submission: 15th Nov 2010 Date of approval: 2nd December 2010)
Wow! I am impressed with the speed of Home Office. Thanks to the officer who dealt with my application.

Wish a very good luck to all other applicants who are still waiting for their approvals...

And a big thanks to this forums Moderators: John, JAJ, archigabe, sushdmehta, chetanojha, push, sbrennan, batleykhan, vinny, Casa.
Thanks to All
You must be lucky, I applied same time as you and they took money same time, but still to date not allocated to a case worker, I dont know how they work!

Smallfamily

Post by Smallfamily » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:50 pm

lboro wrote:
Smallfamily wrote:should I add £3 extra along the passport fee or should I send a self paid special deleivery envolope for receiving the docs back.
It is cheaper to pay £3 extra than buying a special delivery envelope!
I know what u saying but we will be sending 2 applications together

kashyme

Post by kashyme » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:34 pm

application reached HO on 5-11-10
Ackn letter dated 9-11-10 recieved by solicitor
Cheque processed 15-11-10
Called HO , informed that decision has been made 7-12-10
Approval letter recieved on 14-12-10 by solicitor

Thanks to the forum for help

Best of luck for everyone

mrsahmed

Post by mrsahmed » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:22 pm

MID13 wrote
You must be lucky, I applied same time as you and they took money same time, but still to date not allocated to a case worker, I dont know how they work![/quote]

Exactly what i think, dont know how they work at all, hopefully your not like us and still waiting 10 MONTHS down the line!

ICEBREAKER

Post by ICEBREAKER » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:33 am

Smallfamily wrote:
ICEBREAKER wrote:It has been more than 2 months now and ukba is still saying my applicarion is under process.

nothing bro am still waiting. I hate ukba, because their system is based on random selection first in last one out. I think my case worker went on maternity leave or something lol.what can i do apart from wait and wait.

BJ21

Post by BJ21 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:12 am

ICEBREAKER wrote:
Smallfamily wrote:

nothing bro am still waiting. I hate ukba, because their system is based on random selection first in last one out. I think my case worker went on maternity leave or something lol.what can i do apart from wait and wait.
hi Ice-Breaker
very sad to know that you'r still waiting, hope soon will be hear good news from you. Good Luck. BJ21