ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Doubt regarding bank statements for Tier-1 General

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mm11

Doubt regarding bank statements for Tier-1 General

Post by mm11 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:07 am

Dear friends,

Can anyone help me clear any of these doubts please?

1.) My bank statements are in a european language. I understand that English translation is required. If I translate them myself, would that be fine or is some kind of ‘official’ translation required? Fyi, I plan to apply in India.

2.) The statements that the bank gave me are electronic print-outs on plain paper. The print-outs bear the logo of the bank. The bank manager put his seal & sign on each page of the print-outs. Is this fine or do the statements have to be on bank stationary? Is it necessary for each sign of bank manager to be dated? How much old this date is permitted to be at the time of application?

Many thanks

hrmn
Newly Registered

Re: Doubt regarding bank statements for Tier-1 General

Post by hrmn » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:37 am

mm11 wrote:Dear friends,

Can anyone help me clear any of these doubts please?

1.) My bank statements are in a european language. I understand that English translation is required. If I translate them myself, would that be fine or is some kind of ‘official’ translation required? Fyi, I plan to apply in India.

2.) The statements that the bank gave me are electronic print-outs on plain paper. The print-outs bear the logo of the bank. The bank manager put his seal & sign on each page of the print-outs. Is this fine or do the statements have to be on bank stationary? Is it necessary for each sign of bank manager to be dated? How much old this date is permitted to be at the time of application?

Many thanks
The official translation is required

The e-statements are accepted , it must have bank seal signature and date. One month old date is permitted at the time of application.

mm11

Post by mm11 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:55 am

Hi,

Thanks for the information. So, should I approach just any private translator or would there be any particular translators that the UK embassy prefers? Do I need to get the translations notarized by an Indian notary?

Thanks again

hrmn
Newly Registered

Post by hrmn » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:16 am

mm11 wrote:Hi,

Thanks for the information. So, should I approach just any private translator or would there be any particular translators that the UK embassy prefers? Do I need to get the translations notarized by an Indian notary?

Thanks again
Regarding translator i have no idea but i believe it must be notraized

mm11

Post by mm11 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:35 am

And can anyone help me clear my other doubt as well? It is mentioned below:

The statements that the bank gave me are electronic print-outs on 'plain paper'. Since the e-stataments bear the logo of the bank, so do the print-outs of the e-statements. The bank manager put his seal & sign on each page of the print-outs. Is this fine or do the statements compulsorily have to be on bank stationary?

Thanks.

NRajkumar
Newly Registered

Post by NRajkumar » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:10 pm

Hi,
The electronic statements with bank stamp and sign on all pages is acceptable.

Below is the requirements from the T1 Guide

"If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account he/ she should also provide a supporting letter from the bank on company headed paper confirming that the documents are authentic. Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank issuing the statements will be accepted. This stamp must appear on every page of the statement."

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Raj

kutlee

Post by kutlee » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:48 am

please follow the guidelines. get a letter from the bank to show the authenticity. simplest thing to do would be to apply for statments for the period and get them printed on bank paper with it's logo, get it signed and sealed. eventhough guidelines is clear on the emial statements, sometimes VFS can create problems saying that there is no bank logo etc.(i know you have a logo but it's a logo printout not bank paper).