ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents to UK for holidays

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

poshah
Newly Registered

Parents to UK for holidays

Post by poshah » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:39 pm

Hi, I hold a tier1 visa for UK.

And am currently in UK, I hold a job here and am working in London.

I am planning to call my parents from India for a holiday here in March 2011.

My mother is a housewife and my dad is almost retired..has some income from self employment.

I would like to know whether they will be able to get a tourist visa or it may get rejected ?

I am the eldest child of my parents and I have a younger sis and a bro in India, living with my parents.

Should I go for the general tourist visa or the sponsored one?

Thanks

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:41 pm

VAT02 Visitors: Visiting family
Visitors - visa application guide

Similar to visitors to the USA, your parents should show strong ties to outside the UK (i.e. India).

regards

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:20 pm

poshah wrote:Hi, my parents will be applying for a tourist visa soon from India to UK. There is a section which mentions the income and expense details, can someone tellme what exactly needs to be put in that and in what format?

And is it required even if I am sponsoring them and further, is it reuired to be certified by a CA.
1. Income and expense(s) of the applicant, in local currency or GBP.
2. Income and expenses of applicant are different from income and expenses of someone who's inviting them to UK. Answer question appropriately.
3. No.

regards

poshah
Newly Registered

Post by poshah » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:48 pm

I didnt realise that I had posted this question before, there was no intention of duplicate posting.

So the income and expense for the applicant are required irrespective of the visa being sponsored or not ? CORRECT?

Is there a specific format for listing the income and expense?
Isnt the IT Return sufficient to prove the income and expense?
If they dont have a a big source of income, is that ok? Or there are chances that visa can be rejected?

poshah
Newly Registered

Post by poshah » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:26 pm

can someone please reply to the above questfions