ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can earning points be claimed from 2 sources

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mehpk

can earning points be claimed from 2 sources

Post by mehpk » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:14 am

Dear Friends

Please tell can we claim points for earnings from 2 sources i.e. from job and a free lance project ??

thanks in advance

cheers

silverline

Post by silverline » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:29 am

Sure!!

blue.olive

Re: can earning points be claimed from 2 sources

Post by blue.olive » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:09 am

mehpk wrote:Dear Friends

Please tell can we claim points for earnings from 2 sources i.e. from job and a free lance project ??

thanks in advance

cheers
Yes u can do that

But you need to get urself registered as Self Employment in order to claim that income

Go to www.hmrc.gov.uk and registered as self employed within 28 days you start your work. you can back date that registration as well.

but you have to pay NI for that period

mehpk

Re: can earning points be claimed from 2 sources

Post by mehpk » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:09 am

But I am not in UK, I am working in GCC which is tax free, still do I need to register??

regards
blue.olive wrote:
mehpk wrote:Dear Friends

thanks in advance

cheers
Yes u can do that

But you need to get urself registered as Self Employment in order to claim that income

Go to www.hmrc.gov.uk and registered as self employed within 28 days you start your work. you can back date that registration as well.

but you have to pay NI for that period

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:59 am

srussel, the guy is working in a place where there is no tax and probably no NI either.

mehpk, I think it's very difficult for people here to advise on a country-specific situation, but what I would suggest is that you find some means of proving that you are self-employed (I am not sure how that gets done in your country, but surely there must be some way of proving it??).

mehpk

Post by mehpk » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:44 pm

yeah in GCC country we dont have any TAX on salaries etc.

So if I get the letter from a company that I worked for them on a project as a freelance and they paid me X amount, will this letter work as a proof of this additional earning??

thanks in advance

regards
mulderpf wrote:srussel, the guy is working in a place where there is no tax and probably no NI either.

mehpk, I think it's very difficult for people here to advise on a country-specific situation, but what I would suggest is that you find some means of proving that you are self-employed (I am not sure how that gets done in your country, but surely there must be some way of proving it??).

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Post by aspirant99 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:24 pm

mehpk wrote:yeah in GCC country we dont have any TAX on salaries etc.

So if I get the letter from a company that I worked for them on a project as a freelance and they paid me X amount, will this letter work as a proof of this additional earning??

thanks in advance

regards
The letter should ideally mention your position in the company like consultant etc, your duration of work(From to To date), your gross and net salary(in case you are not showing your payslip, I guess in your case gross & net will be the same). In addition to this you have to show the bank statement/s to prove that the salary you are claiming has been credited to your account. I guess this should do. All the best!!