ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to Get WP (Its Urgent)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

silent
Newly Registered

How to Get WP (Its Urgent)

Post by silent » Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:28 am

Hi

I got my HSMP refusal yesterday i got 55 points.
During my HSMP processing i got an offer from a UK based Company but all my hopes went with my HSMP refusal. I informed my company, infact they were waiting for my HSMP result too. They told me that they cant process Work Permit for me but if i manage to reach UK they will give me the job.
So, friends anyone of you could solve my problem or help me in this regard.

Thanks in Advance
Silent

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:02 am

I am sorry to hear your HSMP application failed. It appears that you accept the HSMP Team score - how does it relate to yours i.e. did you fail because you did not submit a particular document.

Work Permits can only be applied for by an employer so you need to find one willing to sponsor you for such. Depending on your skill set a WP may be processed without a resident labour check = Tier 1 usually within 1 day. The resident labour pool is classed as EEU nationals including British Citizens and UK Permanent Residents. All applications requiring a resident labour check i.e. proof of advertising are processed as Tier 2. Tier 1 applications include shortage occupations such as doctors, nurses and teachers (primary and secondary). HSMP remains the best option for entering the UK labour market as it is not employer specific and allows self employment.

You cannot enter the UK to work without the proper authorisation or appropriate entry clearance where the employment is permit exempt e.g. working at a UK airport as a duty manager for an international airline. Likewise you cannot enter the UK to look for jobs although you can enter to attend pre-arranged interviews - such applications would require a visitor visa which needs proof of substantive ties to your home country to ensure your return there after visiting the UK.

AtW

Re: How to Get WP (Its Urgent)

Post by AtW » Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:54 pm

silent wrote:I got my HSMP refusal yesterday i got 55 points.
Sorry to hear about that. Did they actually say how many points they awarded on your application?

silent
Newly Registered

Post by silent » Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:48 am

Thanks Kayalami & AWT

points awarded to me like:

1- 5 points for Age Under 28
2- MCS(Masters in computer science) they award me 15 points
3- 5 years of experience including 1.5 year as a snr.Analyst but they were not satisfied with the evidences, so they gave me 35.

total points awarded: 55

I mailed an appeal, so HSMP will review my case without any new evidence shortly...this is what i can do.

Regards
Silent

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:19 am

2- MCS(Masters in computer science) they award me 15 points
We saw this repeatedly on the old board - a MSc from Pakistan is equated to a UK Bachelor' = 15 points. This has been confirmed by NARIC and is based on the fact that overall course length and content to reach the required standard is similar in both cases.
3- 5 years of experience including 1.5 year as a snr.Analyst but they were not satisfied with the evidences, so they gave me 35.
Did your evidence match that detailed in the HSMP guidance leaflet. Note that seniority is often linked to income and HSMP Team may have deemed that since you do not claim any points for salary then your role may not be as senior as you believe it to be.
I mailed an appeal, so HSMP will review my case without any new evidence shortly...this is what i can do.
IMHO I am not sure anything will change becuase you are unlikely to get any more points for education and the HSMP Team have nothing to go on in relation to your experience apart from the evidence you initially submitted. However perhaps a fresh set of eyes will see something different.

Good Luck

NMSheikh
Newly Registered

Post by NMSheikh » Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:27 pm

We saw this repeatedly on the old board - a MSc from Pakistan is equated to a UK Bachelor' = 15 points. This has been confirmed by NARIC and is based on the fact that overall course length and content to reach the required standard is similar in both cases.
Just a short comment.

M.Sc. from Pakistan can take two fundamental routes (i) M.Sc. after a professional bachelors degree of 4/5 years (e.g. professional engineer or doctor) (ii) M.Sc. after a non-professional bachelors degree (Science, Maths etc.). It has been confirmed by NARIC that M.Sc. after a professional bachelors degree is equivalent to M.Sc. of UK as it ends up in same number of years of education (usually 18, starting from year-1 ), provided degrees are issued by the institutions which are recognized by UK, and there are many.

Warm Regards

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:36 pm

NMSheikh,

I stand corrected for the insinuation that all MSc degrees from Pakistan are equated to a UK bachelors degree - thank you for updating all of us with the accurate details.

jillsjack

Post by jillsjack » Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:18 pm

Silent,
How did your request for review go. I hope you got it. Also may I know from which Institution You completed yout MCS (Masters in Com Sc)
J's J

Muhammad Assad
Newly Registered

B.Sc Degree From Pakistan

Post by Muhammad Assad » Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:17 pm

Kindly note that all M.Sc Degrees in Pakistan are not equavelent to UK Bachelor degrees.i.e This list shows which bachelor degrees are equal to Bachelor in Uk.
B.Sc(Hons)Agriculture.
M.B.B.S
Engineering (Basic)
B.Sc(Hons)Agri-Engineering
B.Cs(4 year program.)
B.Ba(4 year Program). and many other Degrees.Kindly Check details on higher education commission web site.

Assad Khan.

bkhan

Post by bkhan » Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:03 am

A three years bachelor from Pakistan is not equivalent to UK bachelor.

An engineering degree from Pakistan is not recogized by the Engineering councils in the UK. So you may not find a job where a registration with Engineering councils is required.

jillsjack

Post by jillsjack » Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:02 am

A few points...

1. There is no 03 years Engineering degree in Pakistan and All HEC & PEC (Pak Engg Council) recognized engg programmes are 04 years.

2. Brintain's Engineering Council Memebership is not needed to obtain an engineering job.

3. Britain's Engg Council states that if council registration is not present then engg can be practiced if done under the supervision of a registered Engr. Later once you have an years expereince then you can apply for membership.

4. I have a few Pakistani Engrs doing Engg jobs in UK.

5. (Important) If you are good you'll get a Job.
J's J

bkhan

Post by bkhan » Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:26 am

Sadly, the quality of Pakistani engineers (Esp. from UET) is really bad. I know several of these who could not pass their Masters in first attempt. Some of them were my class-fellows in one of the top British unis.
3. Britain's Engg Council states that if council registration is not present then engg can be practiced if done under the supervision of a registered Engr. Later once you have an years expereince then you can apply for membership
Exactly. They cannot work as an idependent engineer.
5. (Important) If you are good you'll get a Job.
not necessarily, I know complete idiots holding excellent positions.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:22 am

2. Brintain's Engineering Council Memebership is not needed to obtain an engineering job.
That statement is very correct - however, if you wanna be a top dog in Mechanical, Electrical or Civil engineering in the consultancy field - then you have to become either an Incorporated or Chartered Engineer..

...obviously this may not be the case with the 'virtual'/'pseudo' engineering like computer related areas :lol:
Where there is a will there is a way.