ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

4 Months total processing. EEA2

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sugarbowl
Newly Registered

4 Months total processing. EEA2

Post by Sugarbowl » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:04 pm

Hi,

Just thought I'd post this for everyone's benifit. Here is my story.

EEA2 application sent - 30th July 2010
EEA2 Application received by UKBA - 31st July 2010
CoA received - 25th August 2010 (Letter Dated 18th August)
Called UKBA to recall passport for travel - 13th Sept
Passport received - 17th Sept (Received with a letter stating that the Passport need not be returned unless asked for by UKBA)
Called UKBA to check status - 12th Nov (was advised that it was in final stages)
Called UKBA to check status - 2nd Dec (was advised that a decision has been made and documents will be received shortly)

5 Years residence endorsement received on 21st December (With letter dated 30th November)

The endorsement is on an A4 paper instead of the passport which is perfectly normal because my Passport currently has a Tier 1 Visa which is valid till Aug 2012 (I work in the Financial sector). Before anyone asks, the reason I applied for a residence via the EEA route as it makes it easier to set up business, work without limitations etc.

Tip. If you are confident, and are yourself convinced that all your documents are in order, and you are not playing foul, you WILL get the residence visa.

Tip 2. Write a crisp covering letter with a list of all the documents that you are submitting, number each document, and explain in the covering letter if there are any translations attached. If the bank statements are not original, but obtained from a Branch, please explain. In other words, you need to be smart enough to assess your own application and foresee the points that the UKBA would need clarification on.

Merry Christmas everyone and All the very best to those waiting.

fisayo

Post by fisayo » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:54 pm

congratulations ,enjoy it