ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need urgent advise for min £800 maint. fund related bank

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Poll ended at Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:51 am

AXIS Bank (Travel Card GBP account from INDIA) or HSBC U.K (Current Account).
33%
Bank statement last 3 month OR Letter from bank confirming funds is require
67%

Total votes: 3

susheel

Post by susheel » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:51 am

Hi All,

I have the Tier 2 visa, I want to convert it to Tier 1. As I am here in UK from last 3 months. I would like to file for VISA ASAP inside U.K. . But I have conflict related to bank in which have my minimum £ 800(GBP) maintenance fund. Initially I have Travel card (in GBP) Indian account then after one month later HSBC UK account have opened. So I have 2 options for account as below.

Option 1> If I am considering my INDIAN ‘AXIS Bank (TC-DC / G.B.P.)- Travel card’ account for checking of Minimum £ 800 required Maintenance funds then in that case the 90 days period will be over by the end of Dec-10 and I can apply immediately in the month of Jan-2011. but I am not sure Indian Traveler Card Account will be considerable or not!
or
Option 2> If I am considering my U.K. ‘HSBC Bank’ (Current Account) for checking of Minimum £ 800 required Maintenance funds then the 90 days period will be completed by next month 25th Jan 2011 and so can only apply in Feb 2011. In this account I am getting my UK salary from my company.
So please advise me which option is good for filing. Can I show as Min maintenance fund in Travel card Indian account ? Or should I wait for account 90 days over in Feb2011 for HSBC U.K.?

Also Only last 3 Month statement (letterhead) from bank is sufficient or Letter from bank confirming funds is require?

Thanks

pramod4u4ever
Newly Registered

Post by pramod4u4ever » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:05 am

3 months bank statements is enough for maintenance of funds,u dont need any letter from bank

and wait until feb 2011 and show uk billing address bank statements to support your application

sudeepss

Post by sudeepss » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:00 am

@susheel,

If you are in UK for last 3 months it is advisable to show UK bank statement. If you are claiming points for UK experience than you need to show pay slips for 12 months and 12 months of bank statements proving that your salary has been credited to the account.

susheel

Post by susheel » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:31 pm

Thanks for the reply but I M in Uk from 3.5 moth. I am showing 12 months salary Indian. & 3 month 800 GBP in UK expr. Most probably because of project I have to back to India in mid Feb11. I can't wait for my UK HSBC 90 Days Overs ( End of Jan'11). Because of this I wanna apply by AXIS Bank TCDC travel card amount ( 90 days over on 25th dec10) So If Travel Debit Card will considerable then i will go for Visa. Otherwise No.

So advice me AXIS Bank Travel card account useful or not for 800 GBP fund?

Thanks

Susheel

[quote="sudeepss"]@susheel,

If you are in UK for last 3 months it is advisable to show UK bank statement. If you are claiming points for UK experience than you need to show pay slips for 12 months and 12 months of bank statements proving that your salary has been credited to the account.[/quote]

sudeepss

Post by sudeepss » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:39 pm

If you are applying from UK for Tier 1 i think you should show UK based Bank statements. I may be wrong in this regards. May be Immigration gurus can throw some light on this. I guess the travel card will not have your name and address on its statement. Please note we need hard copies of statement and not the online one unless it is attested by axis bank on its letterhead.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... intenance/

susheel

Post by susheel » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:47 pm

On travel card I will get the 3 month bank statement from axis bank Mumbai in letter head & they will stamp & sign also. in which have my name & TCDC- Current account ( But its a Travel Currency debit Card) account have mention. But No address till now. Because it has given by my company as a ready made kit to me with recharge of approx. 1300 GBP.

Regards

Susheel

[quote="sudeepss"]If you are applying from UK for Tier 1 i think you should show UK based Bank statements. I may be wrong in this regards. May be Immigration gurus can throw some light on this. I guess the travel card will not have your name and address on its statement. Please note we need hard copies of statement and not the online one unless it is attested by axis bank on its letterhead.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... intenance/[/quote]

sudeepss

Post by sudeepss » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:58 pm

Are you claiming for UK experience??? If yes than you cannot as

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

point 147 on page 27 clearly says 25000£ should have earned in UK.

susheel

Post by susheel » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:02 pm

I am not claiming Uk experience ( 5 points) I am showing 12 months Indian salary. I just applying in UK so showing 800 GBP Maintenance fund.

Thanks

susheel

[quote="sudeepss"]Are you claiming for UK experience??? If yes than you cannot as

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

point 147 on page 27 clearly says 25000£ should have earned in UK.[/quote]

sudeepss

Post by sudeepss » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:09 pm

My suggestion is contact any immigration solicitor who gives free advice there are many listed by UKBA whether travel card statement holds good or not. say if possible try and see whether your project extends and show HSBC bank statements as most of the times if its UK based banks case worker will not get doubts for further investigation.

susheel

Post by susheel » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:12 pm

My dear friend I have given money to solicitor already. But they didn't handle the single case like this. They are saying if I apply its on mine risk.

thanks

susheel

[quote="sudeepss"]My suggestion is contact any immigration solicitor who gives free advice there are many listed by UKBA whether travel card statement holds good or not. say if possible try and see whether your project extends and show HSBC bank statements as most of the times if its UK based banks case worker will not get doubts for further investigation.[/quote]

sudeepss

Post by sudeepss » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:17 pm

Then if it is really worth a try are you are ready to take the risk you should go for it and you are ok with whatever outcome. just in case you can try with other solicitors who have dealt with such cases. As lawyers fees may not be as high as 800£ which is visa fees

susheel

Post by susheel » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:24 pm

Thanks for Ur advice I have already given 600 GBP fee to solicator. I cant spent more. As well dont take risk also. so asking on this fourm.

Thanks a lot for advice

susheel

[quote="sudeepss"]Then if it is really worth a try are you are ready to take the risk you should go for it and you are ok with whatever outcome. just in case you can try with other solicitors who have dealt with such cases. As lawyers fees may not be as high as 800£ which is visa fees[/quote]

sudeepss

Post by sudeepss » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:36 pm

600£ just for advice??? i think they brutally overcharged 300 times as many solicitors provide for hourly rate of 20£ wondering what was his charge for when he couldnt even give proper advise

below is the list of oisc solicitor. there are many who give free advice. there is no risk in taking free advice.

if not then send the query to UKBA by email or call them up which should resolve your doubts

http://www.oisc.gov.uk/people_seeking_i ... ?region=LN

thanks,
sudeep

susheel

Post by susheel » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:39 pm

please give me the email of UKBA if possible So i will mail directly to them I will be thankful to U.
And 600 GBP for all my visa processing its their proffesional fee & applying by them.

[quote="sudeepss"]600£ just for advice??? i think they brutally overcharged 300 times as many solicitors provide for hourly rate of 20£ wondering what was his charge for when he couldnt even give proper advise

below is the list of oisc solicitor. there are many who give free advice. there is no risk in taking free advice.

if not then send the query to UKBA by email or call them up which should resolve your doubts

http://www.oisc.gov.uk/people_seeking_i ... ?region=LN

thanks,
sudeep[/quote]

sudeepss

Post by sudeepss » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:42 pm

The email address below is for applicants who are already in the UK and require general information about the Immigration Rules' requirements. For data protection reasons, we cannot answer questions about individual cases by email.
Phone: 0870 606 7766
Textphone: 0800 389 8289
Email: UKBApublicenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk
Address: UK Border Agency, Lunar House, 40 Wellesley Road, Croydon, Surrey CR9 2BY
Opening Hours: Monday to Thursday 09:00 to 16:45, Friday 09:00 to 16:30 (excluding public holidays). The bureau will be closed on 25, 26, 27 and 28 December 2010, and on 3 January 2011.

Better is to call them up and ask instead of emails.

susheel

Post by susheel » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:44 pm

Thanks you very Much for this advice. I am really appreciating to you.

Thanks

susheel

[quote="sudeepss"]The email address below is for applicants who are already in the UK and require general information about the Immigration Rules' requirements. For data protection reasons, we cannot answer questions about individual cases by email.
Phone: 0870 606 7766
Textphone: 0800 389 8289
Email: UKBApublicenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk
Address: UK Border Agency, Lunar House, 40 Wellesley Road, Croydon, Surrey CR9 2BY
Opening Hours: Monday to Thursday 09:00 to 16:45, Friday 09:00 to 16:30 (excluding public holidays). The bureau will be closed on 25, 26, 27 and 28 December 2010, and on 3 January 2011.

Better is to call them up and ask instead of emails.[/quote]

sudeepss

Post by sudeepss » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:47 pm

No Probs.. All the best

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:54 pm

See HSMP Tier1 rejected.
Also, if you check the Axis bank website you'll note that the travel currency card is listed under "cards" and not under "accounts".

regards

sudeepss

Post by sudeepss » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:00 pm

so susheel now we already have a case where the visa was rejected for giving such statement. if possible try to submit HSBC UK based bank statement.

susheel

Post by susheel » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:02 pm

Thanks for its very important case. Now I wont apply on the bases of AXIS bank Traveler card I will wait for end of Jan for my HSBC Uk 90 days will over also pray to god for my tenure further extend.

Thanks

Susheel

[quote="sudeepss"]so susheel now we already have a case where the visa was rejected for giving such statement. if possible try to submit HSBC UK based bank statement.[/quote]

susheel

Post by susheel » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:17 pm

Dear Mehta,

I have one more query. i am in Uk from last 3.5 moths. And my HSBC 90 days will complete on 25th Jan 11.
Can I shows my HSBC last 3 month UK salary + 9 month Indian salary ( i am not claiming Uk Expr) out of previous 15 month. Because of 12 months earning points. Also 800 GBP As Min maintenance fund?
Its suggested by my solicitor. Please advice.

Thanks
sushdmehta wrote:See HSMP Tier1 rejected.
Also, if you check the Axis bank website you'll note that the travel currency card is listed under "cards" and not under "accounts".

regards

push

Post by push » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:58 pm

susheel wrote:Dear Mehta,

I have one more query. i am in Uk from last 3.5 moths. And my HSBC 90 days will complete on 25th Jan 11.
Can I shows my HSBC last 3 month UK salary + 9 month Indian salary ( i am not claiming Uk Expr) out of previous 15 month. Because of 12 months earning points. Also 800 GBP As Min maintenance fund?
Its suggested by my solicitor. Please advice.

Thanks
sushdmehta wrote:See HSMP Tier1 rejected.

regards
800 GBP As Min maintenance fund? You have been in UK for less than 1 year!!
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer