ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is Settlement time combination of business visa also?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sojan

Is Settlement time combination of business visa also?

Post by sojan » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:12 pm

Form SET(O)

Code: Select all

Form SET(O) is for many other types of settlement applications. You can use form SET(O) if you are currently in one of the following immigration categories and you have been living in the UK in a relevant category for five years:

* Tier 1 or Tier 2 of the points-based system (excluding the Post-study work category of Tier 1)
    * work permit holder
[b]    * businessperson[/b]
    * innovator
    * investor
I was in Business Visa before I got work permit..

Please could you let me know, if my stay on Business visa will count towards ILR? or will I need to be on full 5yrs on WP/Tier1 to get my ILR?

I can see the business person category.. hence the question..

thanks in advance

PS: Saw a similarthread, but not sure if this was the rules at that time..

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:39 pm

Unfortunately, time spent as a Bussiness person (200-210) isn't included for Tier 1 (General)'s settlement (245E(b)).

However, it's possible if you're a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Migrant (245N(c)(ii)).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sojan

Post by sojan » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:18 am

Thanks Vinny for that.

hmm.. after going thru the notes u put, I also feel Business Visa dont come in..
But is it worth to make a call and ask if Tier1 Entrepreneur visa had an equivalent before Tier1 kicked in?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:27 pm

Also, businessperson visa is different from Business visitor visa.

regards