ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

marriage visa im worried

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lisa2000
Newly Registered

marriage visa im worried

Post by lisa2000 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:34 am

hello my husband is applying marriafe visa in feburary
i work full time and bring home £720 a month, i recieve £120 a month child benefit, £1104 working tax credit, £267 a month disability living allowance. all this totals to £2211 a month
i get some help with rent and council tax from goverment but not the full amount.
i have £3000 savings in my bank account
a two bedroom house
will the fact that i recieve housing benefit and council tax benefit stop my husband being successful in getting marriage visa uk?
i am really worried as i thought it would not be a problem but ive been told on a forum my husband will be refused as i get 80% help from housing benefit and council tax benefit.
£2211 is enough to support my husband , me and my two children

HRY2005
Member of Standing

Post by HRY2005 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:30 am

This will answer your QUESTION
you can support yourselves and any dependants without any help from public funds
Live and let live

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:19 am

The general rule is that although you are able to claim the benefits to which you're entitled, you can't claim additional benefits once your husband joins you. The ECO will therefore question if you need these benefits to survive financially, how will you be able to support an additional person in the household. You should also check whether any of the benefits (Public Funds) which you are currently claiming (presumably as a single parent) will stop when your husband is living with you. Remember, he can't be awarded any points when benefits are being calculated.
Have a read through the Claiming Benefits section where you'll find further information.