ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Contractor with Ltd compamy

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

applyhsmp

ILR - Contractor with Ltd compamy

Post by applyhsmp » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:10 pm

Hi All,

I shall complete 5 years in Feb 2011 and intend to apply for ILR ASAP, keeping in mind the changing immigration rules.

My situation - WP (1.5 yrs) + HSMP (2 yrs) + HSMP Ext under tier1(1.5 yrs). I am a contractor and am employed as director of my company. Some questions that I have:

1) Do I need to provide an employment letter?

2) I do not have P 60 for last 5 years. I have proper P-60 for last 2 years, and a copy for a year before. I do not have anything for the first year. I requested HMRC to send me employment history for last 5 years, but that seems even out of date and contains details for last 3 years with the last being incorrect. The letter says "Please bear in mind that these figures may not be up to date". Is this a worrisome situation. Also if I add payslips / bank statement for the first year, would that suffice?

Any help from board members would be appriciated.

Regards

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:08 pm

1. No. Also, letter to state that you employ yourself may not make sense.
2. Payslips are also evidence of economic activity / income.

regards

applyhsmp

Post by applyhsmp » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:05 pm

Thanks Sushdmehta.

Another confusion, if I may ask, I have looked at the form and it has 2 questions - 1) What is your monthly pay and 2) What is your monthly rent?

Since I mode of compensation is salary + dividends from my business, my month salary is less than the rent I have to pay each month. Is it a cause of concern?

Not really sure the reason for this rent question by UKBA?

Regards

lumera
- thin ice -

Post by lumera » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:38 am

applyhsmp wrote:Thanks Sushdmehta.

Another confusion, if I may ask, I have looked at the form and it has 2 questions - 1) What is your monthly pay and 2) What is your monthly rent?

Since I mode of compensation is salary + dividends from my business, my month salary is less than the rent I have to pay each month. Is it a cause of concern?

Regards
I'll advise you to be careful considering the antecedents of the UKBA caseworkers. While I understand your specific situation, I am not sure those caseworkers will. If possible, IMHO, i think you should ensure that rent declared is less than salary. I am hoping your salary is not absymally low!

jgsjgs
Newly Registered

Post by jgsjgs » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:30 pm

You should be taking some money as dividend, its advisable to take the dividend voucher and get a letter from your accountant stating your approximate yearly salary + dividend.

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:17 pm

I was in the same situation as yours. I declared my actual monthly salary i.e. the one you will be showing in the payslips.
+
I have got letter from my accountant stating my Gross, Net salary and also the dividends received. Accountant Letter Template
For ILR, You have to show that you are economically active. Having payslips(6 months)+P60(I provided of 5 years)+Accountant letter(cover last 6 months atleast) +Bank Statement is more than enough to apply for ILR.

Regards

applyhsmp

Post by applyhsmp » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:59 pm

Thanks Chetan. I was wondering the other day if you are around still, to answer the queries. :wink:
chetanojha wrote:I was in the same situation as yours. I declared my actual monthly salary i.e. the one you will be showing in the payslips.
+
I have got letter from my accountant stating my Gross, Net salary and also the dividends received. Accountant Letter Template
For ILR, You have to show that you are economically active. Having payslips(6 months)+P60(I provided of 5 years)+Accountant letter(cover last 6 months atleast) +Bank Statement is more than enough to apply for ILR.

Regards

mfwales

Post by mfwales » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:52 am

chetanojha wrote:I was in the same situation as yours. I declared my actual monthly salary i.e. the one you will be showing in the payslips.
+
Hi Chetan, did you provide the salary slips + dividend vouchers along with the accountant letter or just the letter from accountant?

I will be applying soon but not sure whether to just get the letter from accountant or write myself salary slips / dividend vouchers and get it stamped by accountant?