ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

About Marriage and COA

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

accastudent

About Marriage and COA

Post by accastudent » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:23 am

I am asking this Q on behalf of my friend.
HE is going to marry an english lady and Myfriend is currently on Tier 4.
They are going to apply for COA by 15 January. As my friend is starting his course in scotland and his partner is living in london, so they will not be able to live together at the time they marry and apply for spouse visa. Will this be a problem, as they will visit each other once a week. They other thing is the lady dont want to disclose this marriage to her kids at this point, her kids r over 18. My friend is 33 and lady is 42. They are going for this sooner as my friend visa is expiring on 30 april.

Please advise. I shall be very thankfull.
M W ALI

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:43 am

Yes ... it'll be a problem for the spouse visa - but it's unlikely to be a problem for the COA.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/partn ... lpartners/
you and your husband, wife or civil partner intend to live together permanently as husband and wife
This is covered in immigration rules 284 (vi).

If he hasn't finished his degree - he may also have to take the english test.

M.

accastudent

Post by accastudent » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:03 pm

MPH80 wrote:Yes ... it'll be a problem for the spouse visa - but it's unlikely to be a problem for the COA.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/partn ... lpartners/
you and your husband, wife or civil partner intend to live together permanently as husband and wife
This is covered in immigration rules 284 (vi).

If he hasn't finished his degree - he may also have to take the english test.

M.

Thanks alot for your reply.

They are working together for more than 4 years. Currently they see each other daily @ work and visit each other at home. The problem starts from Feb when my friend will go to Scotland for further course till September. My friend has already obtained degree from UK in 2008. They want to apply for marriage visa to avoid further Tier 4 extension. Please advise further as I couldn't find any information on the link u provided except for biometric cards and submitting application.

Thanks Again.
M W ALI

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:23 pm

What other info do you want? You know that they need to intend to live together permanently - which they don't intend to do.

This will then cause them further problems 2 years down the line as he will be ineligible for indefinite leave to remain because he'll have to show they have lived together for 2 years, which they won't have. Which means he'll have to apply for an FLR(M) extension to cover the additional time.

The rules are fairly clear - you can find them on the UKBA website under Policy and Law.

M.