ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

application started reviewing/ sent out on 11/12/10

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

chenzz
Newly Registered

application started reviewing/ sent out on 11/12/10

Post by chenzz » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:23 pm

Just got a phone call from the high commission in Australia, asking me to provide some additional materials to support my degree,
which means that they started to review my application.
just think u guys might want to know.
good luck for us all.

bombie
Newly Registered

Post by bombie » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:45 pm

Yeah I sent my docs in on 6th Jan, then on 7th Jan I got an email saying "Your application has arrived safely at the Canberra office and is currently being processed".

Btw, what kind of additional material did they need to support your degree?

chenzz
Newly Registered

Post by chenzz » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:43 pm

I haven't got my degree until the graduation ceremony in September 2011.
so the "academic administration division" of my university sent me a Degree Confirmation.
They asked for transcript which i don't have for the PHD degree.
so I am gonna ask the Department to write something to prove my studying experience.
I think the call probably means that they are going to issue me the visa, right? LOL.

simpleone
Newly Registered

Post by simpleone » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:02 pm

[quote="bombie"]Yeah I sent my docs in on 6th Jan, then on 7th Jan I got an email saying "Your application has arrived safely at the Canberra office and is currently being processed".
[/quote]

Have you received any updates on your application yet? I submitted my paperwork about a week after you and am waiting anxiously, so I can quit my job!

bombie
Newly Registered

Post by bombie » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:02 am

simpleone wrote:Have you received any updates on your application yet? I submitted my paperwork about a week after you and am waiting anxiously, so I can quit my job!
No nothing yet, but I wasn't expecting to, because the initial email I got went on to say "The estimated processing time for your application is 15 working days plus mail time." >> and I got this mail 7th Jan.

Did your email say the same thing?

meowmeow
Newly Registered

Post by meowmeow » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:11 am

I got an email on 23rd Dec saying they had received my application and started processing, and it also mentioned that the estimate processing time was 15 working days, excluding mail time.

My application technically has two in it, since I submited my partner's dependant application at the same time as my primary one, I wonder if that means it will take longer than their normal processing time... Ah well!

simpleone
Newly Registered

Post by simpleone » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:29 am

[quote="bombie"]No nothing yet, but I wasn't expecting to, because the initial email I got went on to say "The estimated processing time for your application is 15 working days plus mail time." >> and I got this mail 7th Jan.

Did your email say the same thing?[/quote]

Yeah - same thing. I just thought the 15 days might've been an overestimate, because the UKBA site says in October 2010 all 62 tier 1 cases were processed in 5 days. Also there's people in India and Pakistan who've received their passports back in <15 days, so I was hoping they might be a little quicker in Australia.

bombie
Newly Registered

Post by bombie » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:34 am

The OP sent their docs on 11-Dec and only got called for supporting docs on 10-Jan, so for home/her its been more than 15 working days, bearing in mind that the December quota was reached before 23-Dec..
simpleone wrote:Yeah - same thing. I just thought the 15 days might've been an overestimate, because the UKBA site says in October 2010 all 62 tier 1 cases were processed in 5 days. Also there's people in India and Pakistan who've received their passports back in <15 days, so I was hoping they might be a little quicker in Australia.
Don't forget those figures are for October 2010 - I imagine that theres been an influx of applications since the 23-Dec cut-off was announced, so figures for Dec 2010 onwards will be different. Actually according this:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... tingtimes/

Only apps received pre 19-Nov are starting to be processed this week - although I don't know if this site only applies to in-country applications...

So who knows!

simpleone
Newly Registered

Post by simpleone » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:47 am

[quote="bombie"]
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... tingtimes/

Only apps received pre 19-Nov are starting to be processed this week - although I don't know if this site only applies to in-country applications...
[/quote]

Lol - when I open that link it says "During the week commencing 10 January 2011, we expect to be considering applications that were received on or before 5 November 2010".

I'm pretty sure that's only for in-country applications and they _might've_ made a typo. Surely they couldn't have regressed with in-country applications. Lol.

meowmeow
Newly Registered

Post by meowmeow » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:37 am

bombie wrote: Only apps received pre 19-Nov are starting to be processed this week - although I don't know if this site only applies to in-country applications...

So who knows!
Surely that must be in-country? Since there are people on this forum from all over the world who have submitted after this date and already have their visas and passports.

I get a little flutter whenever I see a courier van pull up at my office, I think I'll get an ulcer soon, at this rate!

simpleone
Newly Registered

Post by simpleone » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:09 am

[quote="meowmeow"]
I get a little flutter whenever I see a courier van pull up at my office, I think I'll get an ulcer soon, at this rate![/quote]

No point looking for courier vans. I think you'll get an email before they send your passport back.

meowmeow
Newly Registered

Post by meowmeow » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:43 am

simpleone wrote:
meowmeow wrote: I get a little flutter whenever I see a courier van pull up at my office, I think I'll get an ulcer soon, at this rate!
No point looking for courier vans. I think you'll get an email before they send your passport back.
Well, that'd be nice, unfortunately my application was submitted by a fairly uncommunicative immigration consultant, who is the one that receives those emails. I had the one about the application being received etc. forwarded to me, but I can't trust that she will forward me the next one.

So I am awaiting both a courier van and an email, and taking bets about which one I see first!

simpleone
Newly Registered

Post by simpleone » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:58 pm

Looks like the wait might be about ~12 days ... someone just posted in the out-of-country tier 1 processing time thread for an application in Canberra, where documentation was submitted on 23-Dec-2010.

They received their passport on 19-Jan-2010. That puts the processing time at 12 days by my count (after accounting for holidays)!

bombie
Newly Registered

Post by bombie » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:17 am

Yeah I pretty much expected about one calendar months wait based on all the Aussie posts I've seen thus far.

In fact, I had put my proposed travel date to the UK as 1-Jun, coz if given the choice, I wouldnt have applied till mid-late Feb. But since the UKBA only gave us 24 hours notice that they were shutting it all down on 23-Dec, I had no choice but to complete the whole process now.

Once I know I'm successful, I still have to sell my apt (currently on the market) , sell my car, resign with one months notice from my job, plus tie up other loose ends before moving to the UK. I need 6 months to do all this...Given the 3 month post date rule, if successful my visa will probably be issued around 7th Feb (since my docs were received 7th Jan), meaning my visa valid date with start 7th May. What a shame I won't be in a position to travel to UK till 1 Jun, waste of almost a month.

simpleone
Newly Registered

Post by simpleone » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:48 am

Looks like the stats have been updated for December 2010

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/processingtimes

Unfortunately, it doesn't really tell me anything I didn't already know :(

bombie
Newly Registered

Post by bombie » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:25 am

simpleone wrote:Looks like the stats have been updated for December 2010

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/processingtimes

Unfortunately, it doesn't really tell me anything I didn't already know :(
Wow the Dec figures for Canberra are way different compared to what I remember the October figures were. October used to be 100% for PBS Tier 1 by 5 days. But Dec doesnt give 100% till 30 days!!

meowmeow
Newly Registered

Post by meowmeow » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:33 am

meowmeow wrote:So I am awaiting both a courier van and an email, and taking bets about which one I see first!
Well, the courier van got here first!!! :D

bombie
Newly Registered

Post by bombie » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:48 am

meowmeow wrote:Well, the courier van got here first!!! :D
Nice one meowmeow! Did you even get an email saying your application was approved and your passport was on its way back to you? Or your passport just turned up?

Hopefully the rest of us who applied via Canberra will start getting some good news.....

meowmeow
Newly Registered

Post by meowmeow » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:06 am

bombie wrote:Did you even get an email saying your application was approved and your passport was on its way back to you? Or your passport just turned up?

Hopefully the rest of us who applied via Canberra will start getting some good news.....
Nope, I didn't get anything, but as I said before, the email would have been pushed to my immigration consultant who submitted the application, and she couldn't find her rear with both hands, let alone forward an email.

The visa was actually issued last Monday (17/1), but since I'm in NZ, there is a bit of traveling time; the BHC forward everything to a mail distribution centre in Auckland via their internal mail, and then it gets couriered out from there.

Fingers crossed for you guys, this is actually the happiest I've been for around 9-10 months since I first started this process!

simpleone
Newly Registered

Post by simpleone » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:27 am

bombie wrote: Wow the Dec figures for Canberra are way different compared to what I remember the October figures were. October used to be 100% for PBS Tier 1 by 5 days. But Dec doesnt give 100% till 30 days!!
Yeah - but that's to be expected, because they started their monthly Quotas around then ... hopefully we'll have our passports back any day now!

simpleone
Newly Registered

Post by simpleone » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:04 pm

Just got an email from them:

"Your approved application will be despatched within 2 working days"...

bombie
Newly Registered

Post by bombie » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:07 pm

simpleone wrote:Just got an email from them:

"Your approved application will be despatched within 2 working days"...
Great news congrats!

But now I'm worried for myself - you sent your papers a week after me and I haven't heard anything yet.....:(

simpleone
Newly Registered

Post by simpleone » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:18 pm

bombie wrote: Great news congrats!

But now I'm worried for myself - you sent your papers a week after me and I haven't heard anything yet.....:(
I wouldn't worry yet. My partner is still waiting and we submitted our applications at the same time.

bombie
Newly Registered

Post by bombie » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:31 pm

simpleone wrote:I wouldn't worry yet. My partner is still waiting and we submitted our applications at the same time.
Thanks.

I wonder if proposed travel date has anything to do with the order in which they issue visas...my proposed travel date is 1-Jun, so even if say someone like you and your partner submit your papers after me, it would make sense to give you your visa before me, assuming your travel date to UK is also before me?

bombie
Newly Registered

Post by bombie » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:43 am

:lol: YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! :lol:

Just got a mail saying "Your approved application will be despatched within 2 working days".

I can't believe this. The wait is over. Going to the UK isn't an idea in my head anymore....