ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can a visit to Libya cause entry refusal into UK?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

acc
BANNED

Can a visit to Libya cause entry refusal into UK?

Post by acc » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:13 pm

I'm from India. I've recently got my Tier-1 visa issued and I plan to find a job in UK in future. At present, I've come across a short-term job opportunity in Libya which I am interested in. But, if I visit Libya, then can I be refused entry into UK or can there be any other related complications?

Many thanks!

ChetanOjha

Re: Can a visit to Libya cause entry refusal into UK?

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:43 pm

What makes you think so? If you have legal permit to enter and stay in UK and You have not involved in any illegal activity then you should be fine.
acc wrote:I'm from India. I've recently got my Tier-1 visa issued and I plan to find a job in UK in future. At present, I've come across a short-term job opportunity in Libya which I am interested in. But, if I visit Libya, then can I be refused entry into UK or can there be any other related complications?

Many thanks!

acc
BANNED

Re: Can a visit to Libya cause entry refusal into UK?

Post by acc » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:57 pm

The only reason I'm asking is because I heard that visiting certain countries can cause refusal of entry into UK and US. Now I am not sure whether Libya is included in those countries or not. The job in Libya that I've come across is a short-term one and I do not want to risk my career by visiting a country that can hinder me from working in UK.

[quote="chetanojha"]What makes you think so? If you have legal permit to enter and stay in UK and You have not involved in any illegal activity then you should be fine.
[quote="acc"]

amuk

Post by amuk » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:57 pm

I don't see why it would have any effect.

But, what I know is that former PM Tony Blair had no problem visiting Libya -- and perhaps working as an adviser for the Libyan president.

Congrats on the new job.