ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 General Dependent visa applicants from Pakistan

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

razian97

Tier1 General Dependent visa applicants from Pakistan

Post by razian97 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:47 pm

I would like to invite all applicants, to share and discuss there experience for tier1 general or HSMP dependent visa applications from Pakistan.
many thanks.

I have arranged following documents for my tier1 general dependent visa applications.
covering letter
job letter from employer
salary slips
bank statement of three months maintenance funds 3000 pounds
Tenancy agreement
my passport's main pages and visa page photo copies ,verfied and attested from royal mail post office
mobile phone bills to show proof of communication
emails print outs
greeting cards.
marriage photos
NIKAH NAMA Urdu and English attested from foreign ministry and notary public
family certificate from NADRA.
NADRA nic cards copies
covering letter from dependent
B form from NADRA.
TB test screening from nayab lab.
passports of dependants.
and APPLICATION FORM.

two photo copies sets of all the above documents with application form.

I have arranged inspection report from a letting agent.
NADRA family certificate is issued FOR a family.it proves that marriage is subsisting and valid.its a powerful proof for your dependants.family certificate contains husband,wife and children's bio data in Urdu and English with NADRA id card numbers.
NADRA B FORM is only for children's to proof date of birth.if you have family certificate ,than it is not necessary to attach B form.
but I have attached both of them.

sponsorship undertaking form is not a requirement for tier 1 dependent visa applicants,it is for British nationals spouse dependent visa applicants.

ONE of main REASON of VISA refusal for Pakistanis in British embassy is that ''MARRIAGE SUBSISTING'' point.
to prove marriage is subsisting and continuing,only nikah nama is not enough.we have to prove that after NIKAH or marriage,that marriage is continuing .
so that's why ,we should arrange and show B FORM OR FAMILY CERTIFICATE.
and also include,
phone bills
greeting cards
emails,
photos,
etc etc.
although all the above documents are not listed in UKBA requirement for dependent visa,but as every one know, Entry clearance OFFICERS in Islamabad and Abu Dhabi have there own mind and way of assessment ,so try your best to not leave any weakness in your application and than rest of leave to ALLAH tala.
Last edited by razian97 on Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:48 am, edited 4 times in total.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:13 pm

that is a very good post. I am getting married in May this year and will be applying for my wife's visa.

I understand as my wife to be would be in Pakistan, I will have to apply for her visa using the visa forms from there or can I apply for her dependent visa from UK.

razian97

Post by razian97 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:58 am

innocentdevil wrote:that is a very good post. I am getting married in May this year and will be applying for my wife's visa.

I understand as my wife to be would be in Pakistan, I will have to apply for her visa using the visa forms from there or can I apply for her dependent visa from UK.
if your dependants are in Pakistan than you have to apply from Pakistan.you can not apply for them in UK while they are in Pakistan.

chosenaik

Tier 1 dependant visa: Application time before travel

Post by chosenaik » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:58 pm

Hi there. Im a Tier 1 General holder in UK. I got married in November 2010 and amd wife will be flyinmg back and joining me on April 30th.

Please can some one inform me if she has to wait till February 1st to apply (iu..e 3 months priot to travel date, or can she apply at now even).

Many thanks and God Bless!

razian97

Re: Tier 1 dependant visa: Application time before travel

Post by razian97 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:57 am

chosenaik wrote:Hi there. Im a Tier 1 General holder in UK. I got married in November 2010 and amd wife will be flyinmg back and joining me on April 30th.

Please can some one inform me if she has to wait till February 1st to apply (iu..e 3 months priot to travel date, or can she apply at now even).

Many thanks and God Bless!
you can apply now or latter as you wish.

chosenaik

Post by chosenaik » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:24 pm

Hi Razian thaks!

I have been in the UK for more than 2 years. I am providing 3 month's bank statements. Do my payslips have to cover a 3 month perios or a 6 month period.

Anyone else know the answetr to this question?

Many thanks indeed!!

razian97

Post by razian97 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:03 pm

chosenaik wrote:Hi Razian thaks!

I have been in the UK for more than 2 years. I am providing 3 month's bank statements. Do my payslips have to cover a 3 month perios or a 6 month period.

Anyone else know the answetr to this question?

Many thanks indeed!!
you should attach at least three months payslips for your safer side.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:31 am

There is absolutely no requirement to supply main applicants payslips when applying for a dependent visa.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

razian97

Post by razian97 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:20 am

mulderpf wrote:There is absolutely no requirement to supply main applicants payslips when applying for a dependent visa.
yes you are right.
but you got visa from south Africa.there are big circumstantial and attitude differences between south Asian British embassies and south Africa. ENTRY CLEARANCE OFFICERS in India, Pakistan,srilanka, Bangladesh,they treat applications not as like in South Africa,some time they ask for documents which are not required in UK border agency policy guidance book.they refuse visa applications without any solid reason,like payslips,tenancy agreement,relationship.etc etc. that's why every one try to provide documents which are not required and try to proof himself or herself true as much as they can.

saqib389

Post by saqib389 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:26 am

Any idea what is B FORM OR FAMILY CERTIFICATE. ?

Also regarding communication, what if you are calling your wife from calling card then how can you proof that you were calling to your wife ?

Thanks

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:50 am

B form is birth form and normally it is in the language the country you were born in. you should have it.

I do not see why one should have any communication evidence when one can provide marriage certificate (nikah nama), wedding invitation cards, wedding video and photos etc. I think its a bit over the top.

I will be apply for my wife to be's visa in May 2011 as a dependent from Pakistan and I will be providing the following:

- Visa Application Form
- Copies of my passport and visa
- bank statements showing funds for last 3 months
- mortgage documents of my house in the UK
- an electricity and a gas bill ( online printouts as I have paperless billing)
- her passport
- Marriage certificate (nikah nama, notarized etc)
- Video and Photos of marriage
- invitation cards of marriage
- A reference letter from company where I work and might be some payslips

i think that should be enough me thinks.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:56 am

on another note,
what is inspection report and what is Cover letter from Dependent.

Also, as I have a house on mortgage, what else do I need to provide other than mortgage documents???

razian97

Post by razian97 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:35 pm

innocentdevil wrote:on another note,
what is inspection report and what is Cover letter from Dependent.

Also, as I have a house on mortgage, what else do I need to provide other than mortgage documents???
ONE of main REASON of VISA refusal for Pakistanis in British embassy is that ''MARRIAGE SUBSISTING'' point.
to prove marriage is subsisting and continuing,only nikah nama is not enough.we have to prove that after NIKAH or marriage,that marriage is continuing .
so that's why ,we should arrange and show B FORM from NADRA OR FAMILY CERTIFICATE ,if you have any child.if you don't have child, than family certificate is enough.
and also include,
phone bills
greeting cards
emails,
photos,
etc etc.
although all the above documents are not listed in UKBA requirement for dependent visa,but as every one know, Entry clearance OFFICERS in Islamabad and Abu Dhabi have there own mind and way of assessment ,so try your best to not leave any weakness in your application and than rest of leave to ALLAH tala.
INSPECTION REPORT is from letting agent or property dealer.it is also not necessary and not required from UKBA, but you should attach if you are living in a shared accommodation.
cover letter is like a sponsor letter from main applicant who is in UK or main migrant.write your all details about your application and documents you have provided in this cover letter.

fahadz1
BANNED

Re: Tier1 General Dependent visa applicants from PAKISTAN.

Post by fahadz1 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:39 pm

do i need to send photocopy of ALL pages of Passport or only main page and visa only ?

razian97

Post by razian97 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:25 pm

[/quote]

do i need to send photocopy of ALL pages of Passport or only main page and visa only ?[/quote]

only main bio data and visa pages....its better if send attested photocopies from solicitor or royal mail verification service.

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:10 am

I will submit accountant letter showing dividnds cause i dont take salary from my own ltd company ? any suggestions ?

razian97

Post by razian97 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:46 pm

yes it shall be alright, I think accountant letter is enough.

salloo

Post by salloo » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:15 am

Hi razian97,
Is the tenancy agreement is enough if it is on my own name or I have to make available the inspection report too?

Looking forward for the covering letter template.
salloo

razian97

Post by razian97 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:47 pm

salloo wrote:Hi razian97,
Is the tenancy agreement is enough if it is on my own name or I have to make available the inspection report too?

Looking forward for the covering letter template.

inspection report is not necessary,if you have one than its OK.soon inshaALLAH , I shall forward you covering letters and job letters .

razian97

covering letter from tier1 main applicant for Pakistan

Post by razian97 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:02 am

I wrote this sponsor and covering letter for my dependants.

To,
The Entry clearance Officer
British high commission
Islamabad Pakistan

Sub: Application for Tier 1 (General) Dependants

Dear Sir/Madam,
I, Safdar Ali wish to apply for entry clearance to UK for my wife (name) and son (name) as ‘Tier 1 (General) – Dependants’. I currently live&work in UK, and this application is being made by my wife at VAC Islamabad Pakistan. I married with the applicant,( name) on 24th JUNE, 2007.I have a cute 2 year old son born on 17th January 2009. Now I am willing to sponsor my wife and son as my dependants.
Main Applicant Details:
Name: Safdar Ali
Passport: 0000000
Tier1 Visa Validity: 0000000
Visa issued date: 00000000
Place of issue: SHEFFIELD
Currently staying in: United Kingdom

I have attached following documents required by the UK border agency and home office for Tier1 general dependants .

1. Evidence of Maintenance Funds as specified in the policy guidance:
I am maintaining the funds for me, my wife and son in my UK bank account for more than the last three months.
£533+£533=£1066 pounds for my dependants and £800 for my self for three months.
Documents provided.
• Bank statement from Barclays, starting from 25 September 2010 to 10th January 2011

2. Evidence of Relationship:
Documents provided.
• Marriage certificate NIKAH NAMA in Urdu and English, translated, attested, registered from government authorised NIKAH officer (marriage officer). Attested from foreign ministry, Govt of Pakistan.
• Family certificate from NADRA (National Database & Registration Authority) in English language containing bio data and relationship with my dependents.
• NADRA B form of my son.
• NADRA Identity card copies.
• Wedding photographs & family photos.

3. Evidences to prove that the Relationship is subsisting:
Documents provided,
• Phone bills. O2 network monthly bills print outs of last one year 2010, showing access numbers dialled to call Pakistan from UK.I use o2 network call through service to call Pakistan.
• greeting cards
• Emails prints.
• Travel history print out from AIR BLUE.COM to Pakistan.
• Money transfer receipts.

4. Passport and visa copies
Copies of the pages from the passport showing my personal data and permission to stay in the UK, verified by the Royal mail identity check services.
5. Employment and source of income:
I work full time and part time with two different companies.
Documents provided.
• Reference letter from the both employers.
• Payslips of last 3 months.

5. Accommodation arrangement:
I have arranged separate 3 bed room home for my dependants.
Documents provided.
• Tenancy agreement.
• Tenancy agreement shall start after arrival of my dependants in UK.
• Inspection report from letting agent.

I declare that I take the complete responsibility to support my family during there travel and stay in United Kingdom. I also take the responsibility to provide them accommodation and fulfil all of there expenses which includes travel, Subsistence, Leisure and any other circumstantial needs.
I assure you that I have enough funds available in my bank account to support during there stay in UK.
I trust the information I have provided is satisfactory, however if you have any questions or queries or require additional information regarding any aspect of the application, please do not hesitate to contact me via any modes of communication noted at the bottom of this letter.
Your assistance in processing a visa for them will be greatly appreciated.
Thanking you for your cooperation and assistance.

Kindest Regards,
Mobile number: 0000000000
Email: 0000000000
Dated: 11th January 2011

rubina20102010
Member of Standing

Post by rubina20102010 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:07 am

razian97 wrote:wa alikum salam
I applied on end of January, I attached all the documents which I have mentioned in my previous post.
Rizwan,

I have attached the same documents as you did. BUT now I am really confuse. because one of my friend also applied dependent visa.

He didn't provide any additional documents. Like

Employer Letter,
Pay slips
NICOP (National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistanis).
Tenancy Agreement
Home Inspection Report
Property Landlord Letter
Bills
Communications history...

Nothing......he just provided simple documents as UKBA listed in their website. He got his visa in 20 working days.
Now I am VERY confuse WHY our visa process taking too long.. Due to load of documents????

razian97

Post by razian97 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:05 pm

salam

dependent visa application processing time is 3 to 5 weeks.you applied on end of january,so definitly you shall get response during this week any time.dont worry .
it is not due to documents.its due to there slow processing specially for dependents visa.they do there all checks and verifications.

chosenaik

Post by chosenaik » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:08 pm

Hi Rubina / Rizwan, just to keep you in the loop: As I mentioned earlier, my wife applied on Feb 9th. The current status says that "“Processed Application returned TO AC - 02-03-2011â€

chosenaik

Post by chosenaik » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:24 am

For other Pakistani applicants: My experience has been to keep the information to the minimum and keep it simple. I think that has resulted in us obtaining a prompt approval with in 3 working weeks.

razian97

Post by razian97 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:54 am

chosenaik wrote:For other Pakistani applicants: My experience has been to keep the information to the minimum and keep it simple. I think that has resulted in us obtaining a prompt approval with in 3 working weeks.
you are absolutely right but I had a different experience with my previous application for dependent visa. I tried to keep it simple and attached the only documents which were required and listed in home office website ( now ukba).
the reasons of refusals were,
you haven't provided wedding photographs
you haven't provided telephone bills
you haven't provided accommodation arrangement evidences.
you haven't provided source of earning,that how you shall support your family in UK
you haven't provided wedding invitation cards.
you didn't provided any evidence that how you have maintained funds in your bank account,you haven't provided any evidence that from where you got this money.etc etc.

so in my opinion every entry clearance officer has there own mind and way of assessment of application.some time they refuse visa without any solid reason.some time they issue visa with simple visa documents.
in your case, I think you are lucky that's why your application has been approved.