ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

LEo2009

Post by LEo2009 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:03 pm

Any news from anyone????????

H O Fan
Newly Registered

EEA2 Turnaround time.

Post by H O Fan » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:30 am

Just over a month since I appled, no COA or anything yet. Any new update from anyone after long holiday weekends? Has anyone received COA this month?
Last edited by H O Fan on Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

achan892
Newly Registered

EEA2: how long to get passports back?

Post by achan892 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:38 am

Hi all and Happy New Year,

Just wondering if anyone can advise me on the minimum time I should allow between sending off my EEA2 application and getting my passport back? e.g., Can I email the day after they receive the application to ask for the passports back?

Thanks,
Achan

LEo2009

Re: EEA2: how long to get passports back?

Post by LEo2009 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:21 am

achan892 wrote:Hi all and Happy New Year,

Just wondering if anyone can advise me on the minimum time I should allow between sending off my EEA2 application and getting my passport back? e.g., Can I email the day after they receive the application to ask for the passports back?

Thanks,
Achan
It doesn't matter but I would recommend you to wait at least one week before you request for your passport. Normally now a days they are taking 4 to 6 months to issue you RC if you are sending all the documents properly & nothing is missed. And if you request for your passport, they normally send you back within less than one week time.
I hope this would help but if anyone else has any other answer, please do help.

rataxes
Newly Registered

FMRS and EEA2

Post by rataxes » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:13 pm

I am currently in the UK on the FMRS as my wife is a Hungarian national exercising her treaty rights. I have a NIN, am working in the UK, and have my own registered company in the UK. I have several questions relating to the FMRS and EEA2.

1. I understand the EEA2 is technically not necessary and only serves as a confirmation of my right to live and work in the UK. Since I am already working—and in my travel experience none of the immigration/border officers were ever phased by my EEA Family Permit or my FMRS—I am wondering if it is worth the time, effort, and hassle of sending off my passport again. Do any of you have informed opinions on this? Have any of you found the EEA2 invaluable or unnecessary?

2. If I decide to apply for the EEA2, can I apply after my FMRS has expired? Based on my wife's Worker Registration Scheme status, she will have completed her year after my FMRS has expired.

3. If I decide to submit the EEA2 application but must do it before the FMRS expires, do I need to leave the UK and get another EEAFP, reenter the UK and then apply for the EEA2?

The UKBA website has much valuable information but many of these situations don't seem to be addressed.

Thank you in advance.

H O Fan
Newly Registered

Re: FMRS and EEA2

Post by H O Fan » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:26 am

Hi rataxes,
According to EU directives and Home Office website it is very clear that EEA2 is just a 'CONFIRMATION' of your right to reside in the UK as a partner of a EEA national excercising treaty rights. I also believe that you already have the right to reside here irrespective of whether you hold a EEA2 residence card or not.

But the problem is here, how you going to convince a nutter immigration officer in the port of entry to the UK (or a pottential employer), You are the husband or wife, or you are in a long term partnership with an EEA national who is excercising their treaty rights in the UK. It will be very hard and time consuming in the airport or a port of entry. Don't you think it is very difficult to carry around always passport of you partner, your marriage certificate (if you have one),or loads of bank statements to prove that you are in a long term relationship with your partner? Again you have to prove that your partner is excercising the treaty rights at the time of your entry, which will be another nightmare, especially in the evenings and weekends, don't you think? Don't you think they can hold you there till you can prove all these?

I think it is worth getting the EEA2 residence card, even if you have to wait a few months.
Cheers.
Last edited by H O Fan on Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cornflakes
Newly Registered

Post by cornflakes » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:21 pm

Hi to everybody!
Here's my story:

Sent EEA2 application on 04/11/2010
Received COA with the wrong DOB (date of birth) on 04/12/2010
Sent the wrong COA back on 09/12/2010
Received correct COA on 21/12/2010

Now waiting for RC... :roll:

H O Fan
Newly Registered

EEA2 Turnaround time

Post by H O Fan » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:56 pm

Home office still issuing Certificate of Application. (In an earlier post someone quoted Home office stopped issuing Certificate of Application)
I applied end of November 2010 and received COA first week of Jan 2011.
Cheers.

biza
Newly Registered

ADVISE!My EEA2 application is now 6 months and still waiting

Post by biza » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:42 pm

Hello All,

I really do need your advise. My EEa2 application is now 6 months since I applied(July 2010). I received the COA just 4 weeks after my application. And then requested my and my husband's passport back to enable us travel even though we had to cancel the trip. But till today which makes it 6 months, I haven't heard a word from them. I called the UKBA a month back and was told it's under consideration.
Please what do u advise me to do. Because my now out of status and my COA is also now expired. I wouldn't want up loose my job.

Your advice will be highly appreciated.
Many thanks
Biza

LEo2009

Re: ADVISE!My EEA2 application is now 6 months and still wai

Post by LEo2009 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:54 pm

biza wrote:Hello All,

I really do need your advise. My EEa2 application is now 6 months since I applied(July 2010). I received the COA just 4 weeks after my application. And then requested my and my husband's passport back to enable us travel even though we had to cancel the trip. But till today which makes it 6 months, I haven't heard a word from them. I called the UKBA a month back and was told it's under consideration.
Please what do u advise me to do. Because my now out of status and my COA is also now expired. I wouldn't want up loose my job.

Your advice will be highly appreciated.
Many thanks
Biza
Hi Biza

You don't need to worry but you must phone UKBA & asked about your case I hope & believe that your passport must be ready to dispatch or on its way to you. As I also applied in the month of July & received my passport yesterday.

Applied for RC in the month of July.
Received COA in the moth of August.
Phoned UKBA 5 or 6 times after four & half moths since I applied for RC.
Yesterday I received my passport with RC attached on it.
It took less than 6 months but was delayed because of Xmax & new year's holidays as I was issued RC in very early of December.

Best of Luck to U & those who are still waiting for their RC. I believe you all would get very soon.

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by smallpie » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:23 pm

in some cases here, some people say they had to contact their local mp for help, regarding the delay of their application by the HO.. can someone plz explain how to do this? as i may need help from local mp to aide the quick response to my application. its 10mnths now and still under processing.

craftynick

Post by craftynick » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:36 pm

We applied for my husbands residency in August & got COA in September. I had expected to wait until at least February to hear anything but then i started reading on here of people getting theirs in 4 months & hopes began to rise.
Today a card has been left by Royal Mail to say there is a package that requires my husbands signature waiting for collection at the post office, we have checked everyone we know & no-one has posted him anything so i am convinced it is from the home office, i am so excited i can barely breath!!!!! Fingers crossed for the most amazing news ever tomorrow :)

H O Fan
Newly Registered

EEA2 Processing time

Post by H O Fan » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:52 am

Dear craftynick,
Can you please let us know the exact time frame (How long it took exactly) when you receive the passport?
Best of luck and

Thank you
H O Fan

mega02
Newly Registered

Is a Divorce abroad accepted in UK?

Post by mega02 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:54 pm

Guru

I got married in UK to a British wife and I am from South Africa, can I divorce in South Africa since I still hold my SA passport as well as a UK one.

We have agreed to go through with the divorce (uncontested).

Will this divorce be acceptable for me to apply a Visa for partner.

Reason is that it is quicker to divorce in SA than UK

H O Fan
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 Processing time

Post by H O Fan » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:52 am

Anyone, any new development in EEA2? Please keep posting updates for the benefit of others.
Cheers

kimuk30
Newly Registered

Post by kimuk30 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:33 am

Hi everyone,

Just called HO to ask them if they received my certificate of marriage and the lady said that they updated my file , they received it and case worker was alocated today at 11:00, my case is that i applied on 13 sep 2010 as ummarried partner after two year cohabitation , we have 6 montth old baby and we got married on 11 december 2010, hope that when the application is located to the case worker its mean that it wont be long. 4 month for my application to allocated for case worker :(:(:(:

good luck guys

craftynick

Post by craftynick » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:48 pm

Great news, my husbands 5 year residency arrived today, it was posted 1 month ago & then "lost" for 3 days by Royal Mail, but hey we have it now which is all that matters

7th August - sent EEA2 form
4 September - COA Recieved
7 Dec - EEA2 issued by Home Office
7 Jan - Arrived at our house (but not collected until today!)
So it took exactly 4 months (and 1 extra one for delivery!!)

Thank you soo much to everyone on here, without the help and advice we wouldnt have had a clue how to achieve this, i really hope everyone else gets theirs really soon & is as delighted as me & my husband are today xx

mtulak
Newly Registered

attn:: EEA2 applicants of september

Post by mtulak » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:51 pm

hi all
Anyone applied EEA2 in september received their RC?
Please update

kimuk30
Newly Registered

Re: attn:: EEA2 applicants of september

Post by kimuk30 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:26 pm

mtulak wrote:hi all
Anyone applied EEA2 in september received their RC?
Please update
Applied in 12 sep and called yesterday for updates and the lady sais that my case was assigned to a caseworker yesterday at 11. i beleive i will receive a answer hopefully soon. give them buz and ask for update abt ur case

Xenia
Newly Registered

Post by Xenia » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:20 pm

Hello every1 !!!
I got my passport with Residence Card in it ;)
Applied 12.08.10
COA got about a month later
Passport with RC got 10.01.11
:) :) :)

Bombom the Frenchies
Newly Registered

EEA2 application update

Post by Bombom the Frenchies » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:10 pm

Finally got RC!

My story to get RC;

I applied EEA2 as spouse of EEA national (French)

Sent application: 09/09/2010
Application received: 10/09/2010
COA received: 02/10/2010 (dated on 22/09/2010)
Passport return request by phone: 01/10/2010
Passport arrived: 06/10/2010
RC arrived: 13/01/2011 (dated on 17/12/2010 expires 17/12/2015)

My RC is on A4 IMMIGRATION STATUS DOCUMENT
No more discussion with immigration officer at airport and port!

Good luck everyone :D
Bombom the Frenchies wrote:Update of status--

COA received: 02/10/2010 (dated on 22/09/2010)

Once I got news, I will update.
Bombom the Frenchies wrote:Just my footstep

Now I am waiting for the COA.
Once I got news, I will update.

Carling40
Australia

i applied in sept as well

Post by Carling40 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:13 pm

i applied EEA 1&2 as spouse on 1st of september as well and still waiting, i havent called them though. looks like they into sept applications, wonder if anyone else has applied in sept? looks like 1 person so far...

rotten_tomatoe
Newly Registered

Re: i applied in sept as well

Post by rotten_tomatoe » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:36 pm

Carling40 wrote:i applied EEA 1&2 as spouse on 1st of september as well and still waiting, i havent called them though. looks like they into sept applications, wonder if anyone else has applied in sept? looks like 1 person so far...
I applied 20th of Sep 2010 for EEA2...
haven't called them at all & still waiting as well.
Maybe there will be smth begining of February?..

H O Fan
Newly Registered

EEA2 Turnaround time

Post by H O Fan » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:01 am

mohamed82 wrote:evryone appliad to EEA2 will wait at last 4 mounth and its not allow to to travil outside or call them or mail or fax untill they send u back ur stuff
i have already applaid for EEA2 and unfortanlty i had a refused
good luck for all
Hi Mohamed82,

Sorry to hear about the decision of the Home Office, as you well aware about your case, it is slightly complicated and I recomend you to consult your solicitor for an appeal before you do anything.
Best of Luck.

Cheers
HO Fan

H O Fan
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 Turnaround time

Post by H O Fan » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:29 am

Hi everybody!
Home Office have a plan to start a new premium counter processing centre (with charging a fee for faster processing) for EEA applications, and they are asking for the opinion of the people who already applied under EU Law and pottential applicants. Your opinion counts. Please folllow the Home Office link below.
The survey will close on 20 January 2011.

Cheers
H O Fan.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ea-counter