ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can i apply for university with spouse visa?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

anprincess
Newly Registered

Can i apply for university with spouse visa?

Post by anprincess » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:51 pm

Hi there, i currently holding a spouse visa but it gonna expired on July, and i want to apply for PR on June, in that case, am i still be-able to apply for university as a local student? or i must wait until i get my PR permit then only apply for university? i really want to go for university in this year, if not the school fees will be increase in next year.....

Hope everyone can help me about this... lotx appreciate

johnsienk
BANNED

Post by johnsienk » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:22 pm

<original post deleted>
Last edited by johnsienk on Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:37 pm

What is your nationality?
What is your spouse's nationality?
How long have you lived in the UK?
If you have lived in the UK for less than 3 years, where did you live before that?

anprincess
Newly Registered

Post by anprincess » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:56 pm

thank you for ur reply.

I married in last 2 yrs, and live in UK for more then 3 yrs time. I'm from Malaysia, my husband is a Malaysian and he is a PR as he live in UK since 10yrs ago.

So, i have no problem to apply for Uni as a local student even though my spouse visa gonna expired end of July?

thank you so much for your advise.. :)

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:31 pm

Do you mean your husband has Indefinite Leave to Remain (PR is for EEA nationals and their family members)?

If your husband is not British or an EU national then I am not sure that you qualify as a home student at present.

Once you have ILR you may qualify as long as you get your ILR before the first day of the first academic year of your course AND you have been 'ordinarily resident' in the UK for at least 3 years before the first day of the first academic year of your course AND the main purpose for your residence in the UK and islands must not have been to receive full-time education during any part of that three-year period.

What vsa did you have before your spouse visa?

For further information on studying for international students see:

http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/student/fees_s ... upport.php