ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I need an advice from you all!!!

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

raghav17
Newly Registered

I need an advice from you all!!!

Post by raghav17 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:35 am

Dear Friends,
I need an advice from you all.
I got my Tier1 visa & it is valid from 18-03-2011. Now my company is also sending me to Sweden within 15 days as they have already submitted my application to Labor committee 4 weeks back. I am expecting the approval from Labor committee by end of next week. If I go to Sweden, then I need to sign an undertaking for 10lakh & condition is that I should not resign at onsite & even not before 6 months of completion of my assignment. My assignment end date 31-dec-2011. I am into testing & test management in SAP & Banking domain.
Now my question is that …
1. If I moved to Sweden, then either employer or Consultancy in UK will they call me for an Interview while I am in Sweden (all subj to short listing).
2. Any idea about the percentage of getting the interview calls from to UK while I am in Sweden.
3. What is current market state for testing in UK. I already went through the most of the blogs, but not found relative to the current Jan month.

PN: I can only save arnd maxm 60k in sweden/ pm
Please share your thoughts & ideas.

Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts.

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Re: I need an advice from you all!!!

Post by aspirant99 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:51 am

raghav17 wrote:Dear Friends,
I need an advice from you all.
I got my Tier1 visa & it is valid from 18-03-2011. Now my company is also sending me to Sweden within 15 days as they have already submitted my application to Labor committee 4 weeks back. I am expecting the approval from Labor committee by end of next week. If I go to Sweden, then I need to sign an undertaking for 10lakh & condition is that I should not resign at onsite & even not before 6 months of completion of my assignment. My assignment end date 31-dec-2011. I am into testing & test management in SAP & Banking domain.
Now my question is that …
1. If I moved to Sweden, then either employer or Consultancy in UK will they call me for an Interview while I am in Sweden (all subj to short listing).
2. Any idea about the percentage of getting the interview calls from to UK while I am in Sweden.
3. What is current market state for testing in UK. I already went through the most of the blogs, but not found relative to the current Jan month.

PN: I can only save arnd maxm 60k in sweden/ pm
Please share your thoughts & ideas.

Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts.
1) Not very likely
2) Maybe slightly better than what one can have when say in India since it is EU
3) The market is not a cakewalk and not at all the same it used to be. The market picks up a bit and then it dips down again because of various economic blocks around the UK and Europe. However, there are areas which are slightly better than others out of which one will be banking + database because there have been acquistions by some of the banks on UK in the past and therefore there is a need to merge data in a standardised format etc etc so a candidate with experince in banking+databsae+ETL does have a chance which does not mean that it is all rosy..the only thing that this area in testing which might also be relevant to you is a bit better compared to others...all the best!!