ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Handed passport application form in person

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lboro

Handed passport application form in person

Post by lboro » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:31 pm

Just wanted to share my experience..if you live near passport office then you can hand in your application form in person rather than posting it. The benefits are that it arrives immediately and you save money!...All the best on your applications

aosun007

Post by aosun007 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:23 pm

thanks for this information

vegeta_2009

Re: Handed passport application form in person

Post by vegeta_2009 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:41 pm

lboro wrote:Just wanted to share my experience..if you live near passport office then you can hand in your application form in person rather than posting it. The benefits are that it arrives immediately and you save money!...All the best on your applications
do you mean for people holding ILR and PR? where do you hand it in?

wunder
Member of Standing

Re: Handed passport application form in person

Post by wunder » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:05 pm

vegeta_2009 wrote:do you mean for people holding ILR and PR?
Since this is a section for "British Citizenship" I assume he meant application for British passport (for British citizens).
vegeta_2009 wrote:where do you hand it in?
Local passport office...

Teacup
Newly Registered

Post by Teacup » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:22 am

Hi Iboro,

Where and how did you submit your application form? The passport form documentation mentions that you can send in your application either by post, through check and send and by appointment not available for first adult passport. Did you simply walk in to hand you application? Was it as simple as that? I will be applying for my first adult passport soon.

Thanks
Teacup

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:45 am

The drawback to handing it in by person is that IPS then have to post it to the address to get the payment processed, so not quicker at all. I would be surprised if they even accept applications by hand.