ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance intends to visit UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

princess_peach
Newly Registered

Fiance intends to visit UK

Post by princess_peach » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:52 pm

hellooo :D i was wondering if anyone can help me, i am writeing a invitation visa to my fiance to visit the uk next month, but i dont know what to do with the letter once i have completed it :shock: is it a simple case of just sending it to my partner to put in his visa application??? Any help here would be very much appreciated.

princess_peach
Newly Registered

Post by princess_peach » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:34 pm

can any1 plzzz help me i really dont no what i am doing lol, any help at all would be great :)

push

Re: sponsor letter

Post by push » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:40 pm

princess_peach wrote:hellooo :D i was wondering if anyone can help me, i am writeing a invitation visa to my fiance to visit the uk next month, but i dont know what to do with the letter once i have completed it :shock: is it a simple case of just sending it to my partner to put in his visa application??? Any help here would be very much appreciated.
Post it to him/her for inclusion in the VISA application.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

princess_peach
Newly Registered

Post by princess_peach » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:47 pm

thanks for replying .......so i dont need it stamped or anything? i just send it to his adress? x

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:49 pm

You can also send softcopy of the documents to your fiance. scan/fax copy is also accepted by VFS.

princess_peach
Newly Registered

Post by princess_peach » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:13 pm

what documents???

princess_peach
Newly Registered

Post by princess_peach » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:59 pm

do i need documents even if hes just comeing for 2 weeks?x

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:34 pm

Is your fiance(e) applying for a visit visa or a fiance(e) visa?

If applying for visitor visa, then he/she cannot apply under the family visitor category. See also Guidance for Visiting or Transiting through the United Kingdom. Similar to visitors to the USA, the applicant should show strong ties to the country he/she will be returning to (e.g. - home country).

regards

princess_peach
Newly Registered

Post by princess_peach » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:38 pm

he doesnt no which one to apply for we are very very confused lol,

the problem is that i still live at home so my father is writeing the sponsor letter etc and he has stated that the reason for my fiances visit to the uk is to meet and congratulate him on his recent engagment to me

which pathway would you say is most appropriate to take?

x

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:41 pm

If the intention is to visit UK for a short period to meet you and your family, then he should apply for entry clearance as a visitor.

regards

princess_peach
Newly Registered

Post by princess_peach » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:47 pm

yes just a short time, 2 weeks to be exact.....sorry for sounding dumb but what is entry clearence?? lol i'm new to all this and their is a lot to take in lol x

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:54 pm

Application for entry clearance is an application for visa.

regards

princess_peach
Newly Registered

Post by princess_peach » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:57 pm

rrr rite ok :) lol so if he just applies through a visitors visa then am i write in thinking he just has to fill out a VAF1A form?

x

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:57 pm

Entry clearance is clearance given by UKBA for someone to enter the country by means of applying for a visa for a visa-national, unless from a non-visa country (anyone with a passport not from a country listed in the previous link).
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.