ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PLS I NEED SOME ADVICE

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shea
Newly Registered

PLS I NEED SOME ADVICE

Post by shea » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:58 pm

hello,

I would like to have some advice on the problems my fiance and i are having. My aunt brought me to this country in 1998 but she didnt have her ILR then son she couldnt apply for me until she got her own, so i just went to school, got my degree, didnt take any government funds so in 2009, my aunt applied for ILR and i was refused so we appealed and we won and i was given 3yrs limited leave to remain, which will expire in march 2013 but before the limited leave to remain expires i would be qualify for the 14yrs long residence. Now my main issue is now that my fiance and i want to get married next yr but he is student visa. we dont knw what to do? his visa will expire in march but he will apply for an extention as his course woud finish till december this yr. pls we need ur advice on what to do. thanks

HRY2005
Member of Standing

Re: PLS I NEED SOME ADVICE

Post by HRY2005 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:19 pm

shea wrote:Now my main issue is now that my fiance and i want to get married next yr but he is student visa. we dont knw what to do? his visa will expire in march but he will apply for an extention as his course woud finish till december this yr. pls we need ur advice on what to do. thanks
You need to clarify what the problem is in this case. You have a DL which is renewable for another 3 years and your fiance is on a student visa, visa expired in March but will extend as course is still on. So???
Live and let live

shea
Newly Registered

Post by shea » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:49 am

Sorry about not being clear enough
I was wondering if marry him, can he apply for spouse visa? Is there anything I coud do to help him stay before his extension expires?

HRY2005
Member of Standing

Post by HRY2005 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:34 am

shea wrote:Sorry about not being clear enough
I was wondering if marry him, can he apply for spouse visa? Is there anything I coud do to help him stay before his extension expires?
I am not sure of a spouse visa. You are on a 3 year DLR, which means you are ''subject to immigration control'' in which you will not satisfy the ''present and settled requirement''as a sponsor.

IMO, other forms of application might be ok, like a DLR but why not extend the student visa first, get married as you have planned and worry about that when the time comes.

You can also wait for more advice from other members.
Live and let live

shea
Newly Registered

Post by shea » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:39 am

Thanks for the reply
That's what we intend to do but we just want to our options first