ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

indianuk

Post by indianuk » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:57 pm

ukpl wrote:Being Indian national you do not need to enclose P60s as it is requirement for EEA nationals to prove exercising Treaty Rights (work here and pay tax).
However, you still need to submit evidence of lawful residence during the 5 years before the date of the application and P60s come handy here (unless you have passport with in- and out- stamps).
That was a new peice of Information for me. Looks like i will have to go through the requirements again.
I take my words back hsmp2tier1.

Have you applied for naturalisation recently hsmp2tier1?

hsmp2tier1

Post by hsmp2tier1 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:27 pm

Not yet, will be applying by the end of this month.

One question for the forum experts. My and my son(not born in the UK) have ILR but my wife is still on her Tier2.
Can I apply for naturalisation for myself and my son together?

Confusion is because page 12 of MN1 guide mentions as below:

Children born abroad to parents who are applying for British citizenship
Where one or both parents are applying for British citizenship they may apply for one or
more children who are not automatically British at birth (see “Automatic acquisition of
British citizenshipâ€