ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife demanding Separation and baby british National with her

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Taha
Newly Registered

Wife demanding Separation and baby british National with her

Post by Taha » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:56 am

Hi,

I need information for one of my very near frind. The Situation is, husband who is settled in Uk got indef leave to remain, wife got 2 year spouse and baby got british passport. Wife went back for holidays and now asking for separation in home country, she is not in UK. What are the means father can claim for baby who is british national baby is 6 months old. A quick response will be helpful.

general

Post by general » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:44 pm

Is the wife still allowed to travel back to the UK? I mean is her visa still valid? And exactly where is home country?

Don't mean to be nosy but I went through many years of misery due to my marriage and the only thing that kept me going was my children, no mother should be put through that (being separated from her child/children). Child's welfare needs to be taken into consideration first or are they too busy pulling each side and not thinking of that. Have they tried counseling?

I'm just sorry to hear the situation. Wish them both and the child the best possible outcome.

I'm sorry I could be of no help.

HRY2005
Member of Standing

Post by HRY2005 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:47 pm

That sort of bring to mind the Molly Campbell case of 2006(Pakistan).
What are the means father can claim for baby who is british national
Do you mean what he can claim for a child who's not in the UK or you are talking about custody?
Live and let live

Taha
Newly Registered

Post by Taha » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:52 pm

Yes father is looking for the custody, due to baby well being, due to medical conditions baby had and there is no medical facilities available in pakistan.

HRY2005
Member of Standing

Post by HRY2005 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:13 pm

Taha wrote:Yes father is looking for the custody, due to baby well being, due to medical conditions baby had and there is no medical facilities available in pakistan.
Does she planned to return to Pakistan finally? If there's no medical facilities good enough to support baby's health condition, the mum should show some responsibility.

Divorce or not, children welfare should top every responsible parents priorities. May be he should start by having a discussion with the mum first, they should put their differences aside and put their child's interest first.
Live and let live

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:17 pm

Taha wrote:Yes father is looking for the custody, due to baby well being, due to medical conditions baby had and there is no medical facilities available in pakistan.
In Pakistan mother has residence rights of child till the age of 7 under Family Law.

You should lodge family proceedings in UK to get child back to UK.

Shahzad

general

Post by general » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:42 am

I think what HRY2005 has said is spot on, the couple need to put their differences aside and think of the child's welfare first.

God this brings back so many bad memories!!

There is no law in Pakistan its only for the rich. There is something that does not sound right here as well, more than the father I think the mother is not thinking straight. But in saying all that the child should be with the mother unless the mother is incapable of providing adequate care. If she is financially stable (the mother) and can provide for the child then I think mother might get custody.

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:30 pm

general wrote:I think what HRY2005 has said is spot on, the couple need to put their differences aside and think of the child's welfare first.

God this brings back so many bad memories!!

There is no law in Pakistan its only for the rich. There is something that does not sound right here as well, more than the father I think the mother is not thinking straight. But in saying all that the child should be with the mother unless the mother is incapable of providing adequate care. If she is financially stable (the mother) and can provide for the child then I think mother might get custody.
This is not true , there is no law in Pakitsan.There is very strong law and if you qualify you would get easily decision.According to Family Law mothers has more rights in intial age.I dont think it is good for small child of age 1 to 7 to live with father.Not an easy thing to do for Fathers.

Shahzad