ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success - Croydon

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

viralshah
Newly Registered

ILR Success - Croydon

Post by viralshah » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:37 pm

I went through an agent for my ILR application so don't know what documents they submitted. But there were a few issues around my application which I think may help someone;

1. Couple of my p60s were having name differences. e.g. My passport name is FirstNameKumar Surname, but p60 contains FirstName Surname.

2. I changed employer twice in 5 year period. Couple of my p60s, total tax for the year didn't include previous employment tax. One of them just showed 11k for the year while I was on 45k work permit.

3. I had a pending tax issue, saying I owe HMRC around 9k in tax for year 2008-09. This is a mistake and is still not resolved.

smaganti

Post by smaganti » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:38 pm

Hi,

Congratulations...

Could you please let me know the lawyer you've used and your your experience with them

viralshah
Newly Registered

Post by viralshah » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:06 pm

1st Contact Visas
www.1stcontactvisas.com

Experience was good, expensive, but I got the visa so...
I told them my concerns and let them decide what to do and let me know before applying. They took decision and was about the same as what I would've gone for if I had applied myself.

I met the agent once in December just to clarify on my concerns and then in Jan a couple of days before applying. Got phone call on the day with positive news and docs back in special delivery in 2 days.

smaganti

Post by smaganti » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:44 pm

thank you