ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Experience with INCOMPETENT Border Control at Heathrow Term1

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

giardaella
BANNED

Experience with INCOMPETENT Border Control at Heathrow Term1

Post by giardaella » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:46 pm

I'm a NON-EU passport holder. Arrived today on 22 January with a EEA RC. Went to the EU Queue, just as you're supposed to.

A short lady wearing a muslim hijab looked at my passport and went:

Her: "Have you filled out the Landing Card?"
Me: "I'm an EEA Family Member, I'm not supposed to." and showed her the RC.

Her: "it doesn't matter, you still need to fill one out and go to the NON-EU queue"
Me: "I am NOT!!! are you new or something?"
Her: "NO! (rolling back the eyes) you're new, just got your RC recently!"
Me: "Listen, can you at least call your supervisor or someone who is more competent? and give me your name, need to complain"
Her: "No, we don't give names and I'm not calling a supervisor" So she started to shut her booth and just walked away!!!

At that stage I heard another guy shout from another booth smth like, "this is for EU only, go into the middle queue".

I saw another guy on the left, went up to him, he looked like he'd help. He just told me: "you've been dealt with sir, go into the NON-EU queue please."

Me: "are you ALL incompetent!!! I can't believe it!!!, I want to speak to someone, make a complaint"
Him: "after you've been rude, I'm not gonna serve you, you can make a complaint after and if you go through passport control"

Me: "I WILL make a complaint and I'm not being rude, saying that you're all incompetent and had no training is just stating the fact and not being insulting! And in any case, it's not as if I'm in a restaurant, if you guys don't serve me I can't just go to another restaurant, I still need to enter the country and what you're doing is ILLEGAL!"

Anyway, I decided to get through first so was looking at the endless middle queue. As I was approaching the queue I just decided to call one of the immigration officers there. I asked the guy if I could speak to a supervisor and when he'd approached me, explained what had happened.

He knew the law as it was and that I'm not meant to fill out a landing card (Art.24 Directive 2004/38- equal treatment) nor get a stamp in the passport (Reg.11 I think of 2006 Regulations) and got me through without queueing up.

The funny thing was, he wasn't logged in to his computer so asked a colleague to check my passport, that colleague guy checked the passport nd before I managed to say a word (presuming he also knew the rules) STAMPED it :))) HAHAHA it's not a biggie, just a stamp, but I also told him that look mate, you're NOT meant to stamp it. He told me that they HAD A CHOICE!!! whether to stamp it, and they can do so on the first arrival?!!! It wasn't even my first arrival and they have NO BLOODY choice! The guy who was helping me (same rank so couldn't have a go at his colleague) also looked stunned, there he was trying to help etc. knows the rules and his colleague just stamped my passport illegally. Anyway, he tried to cover it by saying that people are still confused as to the rules. I told him it's not a new thing and requested to speak to the supervisor.

Long story short, the supervisor came, we went up to the guys at the EU queue to sort out what'd happened. As the immigratino officer girl wasn't there (prob on her break) I first called up the guy who shouted from the side booth.

In front of his supervisor I had a go at him smth like:
Me: "You were not even dealing with me, you never saw my papers and you're making a scene by shouting across the fllipping hall as if we're at a market. Whenever you see this RC in the future, let them through without a stamp or landing card"

He replied, struggling to speak English at all, I started to wonder how he'd got the job and if they employ HIS type, who do they reject???

Him: "I was just supporting my colleague who you'd been rude to, all I said was this is EU queue only"

Me: "Well, I don't have anyone to support me here, and moreover, she should be competent enough to handle situations on her own without your or anyone's intervention."

The supervisor stood there all this time and whenever I'd try to tell the guy off, he'd stop me and tell me to just explain what'd happened and he'd do the ticking off.

When done with this idiot, I asked him to find that short girl in a hijab. He brought her out, she apologised (don't think sincerely). I told her not to treat people with non-eu passports like 2nd class citizens and to call a supervisor if EVER in doubt, and at least listen to what people are telling her. Again, the supervisor stopped my telling off and just said that he'd deal with it. She rolled her eyes back again and walked off... just shows what she thought of all the fuss, but am sure she'd know what to do in the future. I took his shoulder number 2158 and he'd advised me to take Imm. Officers' numbers if I wanted to make complaints.

So, that was it today at Heathrow, sorry for the long post, got pissed off big time, NOT because I can't be asked to queue up with other people or fill out that landing card, or can't bear a stamp in my passport... No, but because that is how people's incompetence can mess up others' lives in any walk of life. Where they are in the position of authority and can blindly tell you to eff off, without listening. And you'd think this is not a new rule, it's been around since 2006, when UK implemented the Directive...

Anyway, don't know if it's worth to write a complaint to the UKBA and receive an apology AND carry that letter with me in the future...

The funny thing was that I had a copy of Directive & Regulations with me... but in the ckecked in baggage :)))) so, I only got to it AFTER I'd passed immigratino control, but I'd never think I'd have to show it, all my previous recent experiences were fine, I always dealt with trained staff who knew what they were doing...

rotten_tomatoe
Newly Registered

Post by rotten_tomatoe » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:08 pm

it's amazing, what kind of people they hire there in Heathrow...
and not only in Heathrow, I suppose

mcovet
BANNED

Post by mcovet » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:27 pm

I just think they have idiots sit at the EU queue as it's easier where you only deal with a set of IDs and Passports (so just checking if the doc itself is fake or not) and don't need to know the subtleties dealing with NON-EU arrivals with all kind of different visas or no visa nationals etc...

Although, shouldn't they all be interchangeable??? And if a guy can't speak English!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like when I worked in a security company and they were short of staff, they'd pick anyone off the street just to cover the shift. In positions where people have to communicate, knowledge of WHAT you're doing, let alone speaking the language itself is kind of... presumed. If you can't link two words, but at least know WHAT you're doing, it's ok, but when you can do neither... that's the problem.

The problem is that most people they deal with, pass on some kind of subconscious fear or uncalled for reverence and that's why those idiots don't feel like they have to be up to scratch with the law or communicate on an equal footing.

OMFG, that's a funny story.

rotten_tomatoe wrote:it's amazing, what kind of people they hire there in Heathrow...
and not only in Heathrow, I suppose
Last edited by mcovet on Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:39 pm

If you have not had problems before then they are not all incompetent. You seem pretty rude to me the way you have given the exchange, correct about a residence card but unnecessarily rude.

LEo2009

Post by LEo2009 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:56 pm

PaperPusher wrote:If you have not had problems before then they are not all incompetent. You seem pretty rude to me the way you have given the exchange, correct about a residence card but unnecessarily rude.
I am not taking sides but here I am with PAPERPUSHER as he is quite right.

giardaella
BANNED

Post by giardaella » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:52 am

Well, this is just natural reaction when u feel they treat u 2nd class, just to show some teeth. If she was in training, that's forgiveable, but if u claim to be fully trained and claim to know what u R doing then i'm ruthless. And what about that other guy shouting? Imagine she would have wrongly taken someone into an interviewing room and then just for the sake of an argument had deported them assuming all RC holders are illegal etc, I don't care about what others think but this is not service where u can forgive incompetence! I knew my rights, what if it were someone who didnt?! And if someone is incompetent and u tell them straight in the face that keeps them on their toes.
I once called up a hotel and needed a print out of the online booking on THEIR HEADED paper, they told me to come in and they'd print it out. I went there, and a girl at the desk told me they dont print those at the hotel. I was about to leave when her colleague overheard the conversation and said that they DO print those out. Well, needless to say i had a big go at that incompetent moron for at least not asking someone and confidently fobbing me off. If u R in training then thats fine u r expected to make mistakes but when i travelled god knows how many miles for her incompetence to potentially waste my time, why should i smile and keep this inside. Anyway, i am a mannered individual but hate incompetence where someone refuses to ask for help where in doubt, especially where they think they r right.

And for the times where i met competent border guards, they treat u with suspicion and that's why being in position of authority their competence should be above all other private service providers. So if i had made a mistake, i'd expect the bollocking and ready to take it on the chin (or in the balls, as my mate says it) anyway, paperpusher, u r entitled to ur opinion and i'm sure u will deal with the situation in a more civilosed lanner, not making a fuss and joining the non-eu queue and filling out the landing card... or not, trying to prove ur point to a person not willing to listen, good luck

PaperPusher wrote:If you have not had problems before then they are not all incompetent. You seem pretty rude to me the way you have given the exchange, correct about a residence card but unnecessarily rude.

toni34
- thin ice -
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Experience with INCOMPETENT Border Control at Heathrow T

Post by toni34 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:41 am

giardaella wrote:I'm a NON-EU passport holder. Arrived today on 22 January with a EEA RC. Went to the EU Queue, just as you're supposed to.

Her: "it doesn't matter, you still need to fill one out and go to the NON-EU queue"
Me: "Listen, can you at least call your supervisor or someone who is more competent? and give me your name, need to complain"
Her: "No, we don't give names and I'm not calling a supervisor" So she started to shut her booth and just walked away!!!

At that stage I heard another guy shout from another booth smth like, "this is for EU only, go into the middle queue".

I saw another guy on the left, went up to him, he looked like he'd help. He just told me: "you've been dealt with sir, go into the NON-EU queue please."

Me: "are you ALL incompetent!!! I can't believe it!!!, I want to speak to someone, make a complaint"
Him: "after you've been rude, I'm not gonna serve you, you can make a complaint after and if you go through passport control"

Me: "I WILL make a complaint and I'm not being rude, saying that you're all incompetent and had no training is just stating the fact and not being insulting! And in any case, it's not as if I'm in a restaurant, if you guys don't serve me I can't just go to another restaurant, I still need to enter the country and what you're doing is ILLEGAL!"

Anyway, I decided to get through first so was looking at the endless middle queue. As I was approaching the queue I just decided to call one of the immigration officers there. I asked the guy if I could speak to a supervisor and when he'd approached me, explained what had happened.

He knew the law as it was and that I'm not meant to fill out a landing card (Art.24 Directive 2004/38- equal treatment) nor get a stamp in the passport (Reg.11 I think of 2006 Regulations) and got me through without queueing up.

The funny thing was, he wasn't logged in to his computer so asked a colleague to check my passport, that colleague guy checked the passport nd before I managed to say a word (presuming he also knew the rules) STAMPED it :))) HAHAHA it's not a biggie, just a stamp, but I also told him that look mate, you're NOT meant to stamp it. He told me that they HAD A CHOICE!!! whether to stamp it, and they can do so on the first arrival?!!! It wasn't even my first arrival and they have NO BLOODY choice! The guy who was helping me (same rank so couldn't have a go at his colleague) also looked stunned, there he was trying to help etc. knows the rules and his colleague just stamped my passport illegally. Anyway, he tried to cover it by saying that people are still confused as to the rules. I told him it's not a new thing and requested to speak to the supervisor.

Long story short, the supervisor came, we went up to the guys at the EU queue to sort out what'd happened. As the immigratino officer girl wasn't there (prob on her break) I first called up the guy who shouted from the side booth.

Me: "You were not even dealing with me, you never saw my papers and you're making a scene by shouting across the fllipping hall as if we're at a market. Whenever you see this RC in the future, let them through without a stamp or landing card"

He replied, struggling to speak English at all, I started to wonder how he'd got the job and if they employ HIS type, who do they reject???

Him: "I was just supporting my colleague who you'd been rude to, all I said was this is EU queue only"

Me: "Well, I don't have anyone to support me here, and moreover, she should be competent enough to handle situations on her own without your or anyone's intervention."

The supervisor stood there all this time and whenever I'd try to tell the guy off, he'd stop me and tell me to just explain what'd happened and he'd do the ticking off.

When done with this idiot, I asked him to find that short girl in a hijab. He brought her out, she apologised (don't think sincerely). I told her not to treat people with non-eu passports like 2nd class citizens and to call a supervisor if EVER in doubt, and at least listen to what people are telling her. Again, the supervisor stopped my telling off and just said that he'd deal with it. She rolled her eyes back again and walked off... just shows what she thought of all the fuss, but am sure she'd know what to do in the future. I took his shoulder number 2158 and he'd advised me to take Imm. Officers' numbers if I wanted to make complaints.

So, that was it today at Heathrow, sorry for the long post, got pissed off big time, NOT because I can't be asked to queue up with other people or fill out that landing card, or can't bear a stamp in my passport... No, but because that is how people's incompetence can mess up others' lives in any walk of life. Where they are in the position of authority and can blindly tell you to eff off, without listening. And you'd think this is not a new rule, it's been around since 2006, when UK implemented the Directive...

Anyway, don't know if it's worth to write a complaint to the UKBA and receive an apology AND carry that letter with me in the future...

The funny thing was that I had a copy of Directive & Regulations with me... but in the ckecked in baggage :)))) so, I only got to it AFTER I'd passed immigratino control, but I'd never think I'd have to show it, all my previous recent experiences were fine, I always dealt with trained staff who knew what they were doing...
i hope you know what you r dealing at.for sure they will put a red alert on you passport ,any time you r coming into the uk you wikll be unneccesarily harrassed.
NON EU national with RC

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:33 am

I think they should have called your supervisor and complained about your behaviour. You want to be treated in one way, but from your post it's clear that you don't treat other humans with the same dignity and respect that you demand. You deserve whatever you get.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:43 am

I stand to be corrected, but I believe that the IO may have been correct in asking the passenger to fill in a landing card. The 2006 EEA regulations specifically state that an EEA Family Member's passport should not be endorsed, but does not state that a landing card is not required, nor can that be inferred from the 2006 Regs or the 2004 Directive. Therefore Para 26.1(e) of Schedule 2 to the 1971 Act, which makes it an offence to fail to complete a Landing Card, presumably does apply - unless there's been an Order in Council in the last few years of which I'm unaware.
Perhaps one of the chaps still in harness can elucidate.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:03 am

Where was your EEA family member in all of this?
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:37 am

Mr Rusty wrote:I stand to be corrected, but I believe that the IO may have been correct in asking the passenger to fill in a landing card. The 2006 EEA regulations specifically state that an EEA Family Member's passport should not be endorsed, but does not state that a landing card is not required, nor can that be inferred from the 2006 Regs or the 2004 Directive. Therefore Para 26.1(e) of Schedule 2 to the 1971 Act, which makes it an offence to fail to complete a Landing Card, presumably does apply - unless there's been an Order in Council in the last few years of which I'm unaware.
Actually the word Landing Card does not occur in the 2006 EEA regulations at all! I can confirm positively that Residence Card holders do not need to fill in a landing card. This used to be written in the Border Force Operations Manual, but that useful document is offline for some time already. RC holders are also eligible for IRIS and if you pass through the IRIS gates, you don't meet anyone to give your landing card. Therefore only passengers who don't need landing cards are allowed to use IRIS.
I have had in the past also some bad experiences with rude and/or incompetent Immigration Officers; asking for the Chief Immigration Officer always resolved the problems very quickly.
I also made written complaints and these resulted in letters fully acknowledging that my interpretation was correct, and that in case of problems I should not hesitate to ask for the Chief Immigration Officer, as mentioned above.
To be honest, we have had pleasant experiences on arrival as well. One time there was an IO, apparently still under training, so there was a supervisor looking over his shoulder all the time. This supervisor became very enthousiastic when he saw my wife's passport as it gave him the opportunity to explain a lot of details about how to handle RC holders (apparently a very small minority of passengers).

I do, by the way, agree with PaperPusher about the attitude of OP.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:06 am

Mr Rusty wrote:I stand to be corrected, but I believe that the IO may have been correct in asking the passenger to fill in a landing card. The 2006 EEA regulations specifically state that an EEA Family Member's passport should not be endorsed, but does not state that a landing card is not required, nor can that be inferred from the 2006 Regs or the 2004 Directive. Therefore Para 26.1(e) of Schedule 2 to the 1971 Act, which makes it an offence to fail to complete a Landing Card, presumably does apply - unless there's been an Order in Council in the last few years of which I'm unaware.
What you overlook is that family members have exactly the same rights as (EEA) nationals, see Article 24 of the Directive. Can you ask a British or other EEA national for a landing card? If an RC is held the situation should be clear to the IO. As fysicus has pointed out UKBA staff is supposed to know that.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:08 am

mulderpf wrote:Where was your EEA family member in all of this?
Why would that matter?

giardaella
BANNED

Post by giardaella » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:38 am

Wow, what a support for the IOs. Had they known the procedure this all wouldn't have happened. Once again, if One makes a mistake at work (incl me) they should be ready to take it in the balls and shouldn't expect leniency. Unless u r in training or work in a position which isn't as important as border control.

@fysicus where do u write to make a complaint? I wanna copy paste my thread. Thx

@toni34 i dont mind them putting red alert or smth (unheard of before) and dont see HOW they cam harass me... if anything that alert should state- "careful, the guy knows his rights, do YOU!" and that woman with a hand pointing at the IO :)

@mr.Rusty as 86ti correctly pointed out and as i clearly mentioned in my origin post, Art.24 of Dir2004/38 on equal treatment, nuff said

@mulderpf I dont have a supervisor, what r u on about (unless u tried to make a joke...). Also, my EEA member was there trying to calm me down, standing on the side and just becoming red and embarrassed for my behaviour... Looool i was alone, my partner is having a great one month holiday travelling through India, but as 86ti pointed out, how on earth does that mattet, we're not joined by the hip lol

In general, surprised to see such overwhelming support for incompetence, if that's how forgiving u r in ur lives... well, u haven't encountered injustice yet to then demand people who serve u to be at least able to ask for help when in doubt, let alone competent! Imagine someone eligible for financial support and on benefits being wrongly told they arent, they wouldnt have anyth to eat because of someone's incompetence! If that was ur bro/sis/mum u'd care. What would u then ask of that person who refused the benefit? At least a disciplinary hearing! And if that doesn't happen, i'm not saying to take matters into ur hands and beat the guy up, jist make enough fuss so that the person does not make the same mistake in the future.

I doubt the IOs got enough telling off from their chief so by me making a small fuss they now know what RCs are and how they look like!

I am a very kind and just person but i dont post stories where i feel extremely ashamed and bad if i made a mistake which could have affected someone, or when i seek advice. also i dont post when i compliment someone for their competence as i did say loads of thanks and repeated how well trained that guy was to the chief about the guy who knew the law and let me through! I demand the same what i expect others to demand frome me, and get over it, calling them incompetent was NOT rude, it is Just statin the obvious and the fact. I didnt call them names, but described their professionalism! Why so much hate? The fact that i called them iditots morons etc HERE doesnt make me rude THERE retrospectively

milan_ns

Post by milan_ns » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:37 pm

fysicus wrote:Therefore only passengers who don't need landing cards are allowed to use IRIS.
This is not accurate. I'm a work permit holder (so need to complete a landing card) and yet use IRIS.

ukpl

Post by ukpl » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:57 pm

giardaella wrote:Her: "Have you filled out the Landing Card?"

When done with this idiot
If you have called someone "new or something" in your 2nd ever sentence, then you seem to me not the nice person.
And then referring to someone as "idiot"?

I bet, you are perfect and 120% competent in what you are doing for a living.

Maybe a little tone down would help you in the future.

And if you don't care about what other think, then what is the reson for airing your experience?
People are humans only and prone to make mistakes. Accept it and deal with it with a smile and you will live longer and be happier.

BTW, you are not 2nd class citizen by asked to que in non-eu que. You just wanted to avoid the que. If the non-eu que was 10 times shorter than eu one, would you still made a fuss?

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:33 pm

86ti wrote:
Why would that matter?
Because Directive 2004/38/EC only applies when travelling with or joining family members who are EU/EEA citizens. That would also maybe explain why this person was asked to join the non-EU queue.

And the fact that your partner was in India and you were travelling alone pretty much explains it. I think someone should go and read up some more before calling others incompetent...

giardaella
BANNED

Post by giardaella » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:08 pm

1) my eea partner is a qualified person- worker. He went away for PAID holiday, he doesn't lose residency unless away for over 6 months. Further, he has a doc certifying permanent residence (eea3 form) thus he wouldn 't lose residency unless away for over 2 years.

2) i was joining him and so long that he is a qualified person it doesn't matter where he physically is at that time, otherwise that could lead to absurd results, people waiting for each other to go outside the uk, to physically be present as if making a football substitution?!

3) all that matters upon entry to a member state and possession of that Res card is that
A) u r still a family member;
B) your fam member is a qualified person.

4) she didn't know all that anyway, she didnt even try to establish any of the facts.
Finally, ur signature says "do not advise on smth u know nothing about"... What a contradiction and so ironic lol

@ukpl i dont think smiling has anything to do with how long one lives, i haven't put the dialogue verbatim, my first reaction was to try and have her establish what i'm talking about, i only started to have a go when saw she was due to go for her breaj and wouldnt listen to what i'm saying.

I noted in my post i have no problem with queueing up or filling out the card or getting a stamp, if necessary or asked nicely but it's about the principle of demanding competence where it should be a given- border force for god's sake! Is there anyone who understands my point? Where exactly was i rude??? By asking if she had been new? Well, she did look as she didnt know what she was talking about or doing, nor it looked professional for a guy in the side booth to shout and get involved without seeing what i had in my passport, shows he was unprofessional and untrained as he was also wrong to send me to the non eu queue, finally, the guy who refused to serve me out of solidarity for his colleagues either didn't know the law or if he knew it was twice as guilty to stand by his colleagues where they're clearly wrong.

They r there to try and help and when i say they treat u 2nd class is that they dont feel obliged to feel inconvenienced when u make a request just because u r non eu. U known it when u c it, it's one of those things.

mulderpf wrote:
86ti wrote:
Why would that matter?
Because Directive 2004/38/EC only applies when travelling with or joining family members who are EU/EEA citizens. That would also maybe explain why this person was asked to join the non-EU queue.

And the fact that your partner was in India and you were travelling alone pretty much explains it. I think someone should go and read up some more before calling others incompetent...

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:14 pm

mulderpf wrote:
86ti wrote:
Why would that matter?
You can sure find this in the Directive but in a different context. Article 24 still stands.

edinburgh

Post by edinburgh » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:03 pm

if those were your answers, then i think you were quite rude.

it looks like you have a chip on the shoulder that there is an eu queue; after all, you're not eu, so what's the problem? did you lose your dignity by being asked to go to the non-eu channel? honestly, i don't understand some people...

i also think you're quite lucky that they let in at all. and as someone else pointed out earlier, first read the directives or whatever you have there with understanding, and then make a big fuss and call people incompetent.

giardaella wrote:I'm a NON-EU passport holder. Arrived today on 22 January with a EEA RC. Went to the EU Queue, just as you're supposed to.

giardaella
BANNED

Post by giardaella » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:44 pm

Y wouldnt they let me in? Luck has nothing to do with this!!! If one follows ur logic, Every time ur eea fam memb leaves the uk alone for a short period of time, YOU r in the uk illegally? Until the eea returns?! Nonsense and if u read my posts with at least some attention, u WILL get answers to all ur queries in full, with references to law etc.

To repeat, non-eea fam memb who satisfy the requirements of the regs 2006 ARE NOT subject to immigration control, they r treated just like brits and eu citizens, end of story. They couldnt prevent me from entering the uk even if i went berserk! Unless i pose threat to public security or on the grounds of pulis health and policy, I have the same rights in the "borderless" Europe as kther eu citizens.

I shall stop replying to posts like yours, i cant keep repeating myself over and over again. I plead someone with more knowledge of eu law to confirm to the posters here the reality, please stop personal attacks and i'd like to hear fresh views rather than ppl being offended by the term "incompetence" or "r u new?" being asked in the face... U seem a nice obedient bunch but because of ppl like u, who blindly revere authority it is harder for ppl like me to stand my ground when we're right!!! Shame on u!!! Loooooolll

[quote="edinburgh"]if those were your answers, then i think you were quite rude.

keffers
BANNED

Post by keffers » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:00 pm

Wherever you are from - it is that country's gain - and our loss.

Be thankful you are able to legally walk the streets of this country by virtue of a piece of legislation that nobody in this country voted for.

I get clear picture of your attitude.

Ever watch the TV program about the cut-price airlines and the obnoxious passengers? That's you to a tee.

Its ungrateful folk like you who give immigrants a bad name and make it more difficult for those who come after you.

Blackwater1

Post by Blackwater1 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:09 am

This forum needs a 'Like'button for the posts :wink:

INSIDER

Post by INSIDER » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:14 am

Attached thread is particularly relevant. I still stand by my posting at the time. A lot of IOs are still not conversant with the no stamping/landing card exemption.

However,the poster did come across as rather too belligerent. Next time just POLITELY point out to the IO what the regulations state, if he/she is still not agreeable then fill out the card, get admitted and then seek out a CIO make your point, again POLITELY, and then formally complain. Trust me you will get a far more satisfactory result this way.

Anyway here is the thread:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=30540

giardaella
BANNED

Post by giardaella » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:15 am

@keffers
Well, not u but those people who voted for the government which enacted the European Communities Act 1972, which empowers Europe to dominate the uk's legislation. That's democracy for u. Same as the 2nd amendment in the US, many people at present are against having guns and they never voted for that amendment allowing to bear arms, their ancestors did.

Also, i'm not Intending to live in the UK forever so the "gain" and "loss" balance will be restored, dont u worry :))))

Finally, i should probably start to bark when so many people tell me i'm a dog :))) that's so sad to see such overwhelming support for IOs. Thx for the obnoxious passenger compliment, it's mostly those who make a fuss who get those free hotels they're entitled to anyway but the airline companies try to avoid paying for, and it's those peoPle who keep those companies toned up by complaining to the regulators etc so that ppl like u can avoid certain situations others went through before u, u should be grateful if anyth