ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

unmarried partner of eea student

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

toni34
- thin ice -
Mood:
Nigeria

unmarried partner of eea student

Post by toni34 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:34 pm

my eea unmarried partner is in school and i want to apply for eea2 rc,just read am not qualfied to apply unmarried partners of an eu student is not recognised by the eea law
NON EU national with RC

Pieloi
Newly Registered

Post by Pieloi » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:10 pm

Hi Toni34,
You would be able to apply for EEA2 as an unmarried partner of an EEA student.Provided she is enrolled within a registred educational institution/college and you have a comprehensive sickness insurance to cover both of you.
Good luck

toni34
- thin ice -
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by toni34 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:31 pm

thanks already applied last tuesday.just waiting for the coa to be out
NON EU national with RC

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:20 pm

Pieloi wrote:Hi Toni34,
You would be able to apply for EEA2 as an unmarried partner of an EEA student.Provided she is enrolled within a registred educational institution/college and you have a comprehensive sickness insurance to cover both of you.
Good luck
I am not sure this is right. Unmarried partner of Student don't qualify under the UK legislation, and their is a case they won't be under the directive, except the student can supply proof of Self Sufficiency.

Unmarried parter falls under Regulation 8(5) Extended Family members. The only people that can qualify are the descentant over 21 who can show proof of dependancy and the Ascendant who are dependant. Even they will fall to be treated as a family member of a Student, but rather as Extended Family members.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

toni34
- thin ice -
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by toni34 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:08 pm

Obie wrote:
Pieloi wrote:Hi Toni34,
Good luck
I am not sure this is right. Unmarried partner of Student don't qualify under the UK legislation, and their is a case they won't be under the directive, except the student can supply proof of Self Sufficiency.

Unmarried parter falls under Regulation 8(5) Extended Family members. The only people that can qualify are the descentant over 21 who can show proof of dependancy and the Ascendant who are dependant. Even they will fall to be treated as a family member of a Student, but rather as Extended Family members.
yes you may be correct as i read that law,but she was until very recently self employed and we have proof to that fact and we included it.
NON EU national with RC