ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visa for 17year old to come to the UK to join father help!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sally12345

visa for 17year old to come to the UK to join father help!!

Post by sally12345 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:26 pm

Hi,

Im a Uk national my husband has ILR here now I have a 2bed house which we rent from local housing I share this with my husband and

Daugther 5years old
Son 4months old

My Husband has a 17year old son that he would like to apply for to come and live with us. now I find the Housing Act very confussing could someone tell me can my living area be used as a bedroom or would we still be over crowded

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:36 pm

See also Guidance on Accommodation Overcrowding. If child's mother is alive, then father should have sole responsibility.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sally12345

Post by sally12345 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:03 pm

vinny wrote:See also Guidance on Accommodation Overcrowding. If child's mother is alive, then father should have sole responsibility.
Thanks vinny the mother is still alive however, we are thinking of getting a court order what is your view on this.. Also dad has sole responability for his son. how can we prove this

thanks

HRY2005
Member of Standing

Post by HRY2005 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:36 pm

SET7.8 What is sole responsibility?

and note this
A sponsoring parent must be able to show that he/she has been solely responsible for exercising parental care over the child for a substantial period.
If the sponsoring parent and child are separated, the child will normally be
expected to have been in the care of the sponsoring parent's relatives rather than the relatives of the other parent. An application should normally be refused if the child has been in the care of the other parent's relatives and the other parent lives nearby and takes an active interest in the child's welfare.
Live and let live

sally12345

Post by sally12345 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:01 pm

HRY2005 wrote:SET7.8 What is sole responsibility?

and note this
A sponsoring parent must be able to show that he/she has been solely responsible for exercising parental care over the child for a substantial period.
If the sponsoring parent and child are separated, the child will normally be
expected to have been in the care of the sponsoring parent's relatives rather than the relatives of the other parent. An application should normally be refused if the child has been in the care of the other parent's relatives and the other parent lives nearby and takes an active interest in the child's welfare.
hiya thankyou for this imformation my stepson lives with my husbands family and has done since he was a baby x

HRY2005
Member of Standing

Post by HRY2005 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:24 pm

Good. Start the process and remember he's 17, it would be a different story if he turns 18 before an application is made.

Good luck.
Live and let live

sally12345

Post by sally12345 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:48 pm

HRY2005 wrote:Good. Start the process and remember he's 17, it would be a different story if he turns 18 before an application is made.

Good luck.

thanks i will post and let you know how we get on xxx