ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent Residence Card and Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tomas2011
Newly Registered

Permanent Residence Card and Naturalisation

Post by tomas2011 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:57 am

Hello Everyone,

I have been reading this forum for some while and I hope somebody there would be able to help me with my issue.

I obtained a PR card (using EEA3 form) in February 2010 and I am preparing an application for Naturalisation at the moment.

The application for naturalisation asks to submit the documents for proving my EU Treaty rights for the past 6 years and whether I have obtained a permanent resident status in the UK.

When I applied for a PR card, I have submitted all necessary documents and I have proved that I have been exercising my treaty rights for continuous 5 years period and I have become a permanent resident in the UK from the date my PR card was issued.

Do I need to submit ALL documents again, which I submitted for my PR card, in support of application for naturalisation? OR an obtained PR card would be enough on its own for proving that I have exercised Treaty Rights and become free from immigration restrictions and NO further documents are needed? :roll: :roll:

I am asking this question because the application for naturalisation (or its guidance) does not refer to the PR card itself whatsoever. Moreover, I have called to Home Office and I got two completely difference answers from them. :shock: :shock:

Thank you very much for any help

Tom

johnsienk
BANNED

Post by johnsienk » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:52 am

<original post deleted>
Last edited by johnsienk on Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

johnsienk
BANNED

Post by johnsienk » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:56 am

<original post deleted>
Last edited by johnsienk on Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tomas2011
Newly Registered

Post by tomas2011 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:04 am

Thanks for your reply,

I became automatically a permanent resident in September 2009, so I could apply for Naturalisation in September 2010.

The reason why I want to use my PR card instead all my documents is that during my qualifying period I was a student for 1,5 years time. I did not take any comprehensive sickness insurance during my study period. However, I took a CSI after my studies then I become economically self sufficient. However, my PR card was issued.

I have been reading that HO has become very strict on CSI issue. Therefore, I think, if I submit all the documents again with my application for Naturalisation but without CSI, there is a big chance that my application could be rejected. :roll: :roll: :roll:

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:09 am

Use the NCS.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.