ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work as a IT contractor with Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa ??

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tier1_king
India

Work as a IT contractor with Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa ??

Post by tier1_king » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:55 pm

Hi,

My cousin qualifies for a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa.
After he gets the visa, he is planning to start a IT consultancy company here.
He himself is also planning to work here as an IT contractor.
Will he be eligible to work here as an IT contractor with Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa like Tier 1 - General visa holders ?
Please confirm as this is very crucial in making his Tier 1 visa application.

Regards

tier1_king.

durak
Newly Registered

Post by durak » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:15 am

He won't be able to renew though, as I can't see how he is going to create 2 fulltime employee positions as an IT contractor. Nor can I see how he will invest £200k into a one man contracting company.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:19 am

i might be off topic here... but i really would like to know what is like to be an it contractor. is there lots of demand out there?

how much are you hoping to earn in a year as an it contractor.

regards

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:20 pm

arsenal49 wrote:i really would like to know what is like to be an it contractor. is there lots of demand out there?
The demand for IT contractors is generally the same as for permanent employees - so at the moment it is rather bad and rates are low too.

salars

Post by salars » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:04 pm

Hi
The only way one will qualify for a Entrepreneur visa is the following.

Access to £200,000 25
The money is in a regulated financial institution 25
The money is disposable in the United Kingdom 25

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... t/initial/

so if you cousin has that much money in the UK he will be eligible to apply for the enterpreneur visa
Thanks
S

Someone83
BANNED

Post by Someone83 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:22 am

wunder wrote:
arsenal49 wrote:i really would like to know what is like to be an it contractor. is there lots of demand out there?
The demand for IT contractors is generally the same as for permanent employees - so at the moment it is rather bad and rates are low too.
I've had better experience actually, it depends on what you do. As a PHP developer, I have found that the demand seems to exceed supply. I've had to literally reject about 6 roles for 2 weeks in January because they weren't what I was looking for. With PHP, you can get betwen £200-£250/day. I've had a few offers for £300 also but very few companies do this.

If you're a Java or C++ contractor, you can get over £400-£500/day. However, keep in mind that companies looking for contractors are more picky in hiring contractors than permanent staff, simply because they need quick delivery times and don't want to spend time in training. So there is a fair amount of competition in securing good roles.

Have a look through CW jobs, there's plenty of jobs.

rsrameshsunil

Re: Work as a IT contractor with Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa ??

Post by rsrameshsunil » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:48 pm

tier1_king wrote:Hi,

My cousin qualifies for a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa.
After he gets the visa, he is planning to start a IT consultancy company here.
He himself is also planning to work here as an IT contractor.
Will he be eligible to work here as an IT contractor with Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa like Tier 1 - General visa holders ?
Please confirm as this is very crucial in making his Tier 1 visa application.

Regards

tier1_king.
Last edited by rsrameshsunil on Fri May 24, 2013 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gitgeeks3434
Newly Registered

Post by gitgeeks3434 » Fri May 24, 2013 10:38 am

I have the it Recruitment company in US and so I come across this thread by searching on Google. This is really a nice thread.