ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Pieloi
Newly Registered

Post by Pieloi » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:52 pm

Not really.I would apply to transfer the RC to my new passport.It won't stop me of travelling though by having the expired passport with RC and new one.I have friends who have done it already.

Pieloi
Newly Registered

Post by Pieloi » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:01 pm

I'm taking the opportunity to thank everyone on this furum, Guru, Noodles and all others.I was able to get all the useful information from people sharing their experiences and those giving advise.

kaycee23ful
Newly Registered

Post by kaycee23ful » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:10 pm

86ti wrote:
bidasoa wrote:Your passport is expiring next month? You will have to re-apply for a new RC with your new passport?
It says on the UKBA website that if your passport expires while it is in their possession, they'll issue you with a status document instead of having it stamped in your passport. so you should receive your RC in an A4 paper.

bidasoa
Newly Registered

Post by bidasoa » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:43 pm

Thanks or your clarifications on this expiration issue.

Some good news for us today, my wife finally got her RC.

Application received by HO on 29/09/2010.
Received COA on the 29/10/2010 (issued on 20/10/2010).
RC received on 27/01/2011 (issued on 17/01/2011).
RC issue on a piece of A4 paper (we asked her passport back before new year).

A little less than 4 months in total. Much faster than expected. Only called HO 1 time earlier this week but our file was already on its way back.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for your help & advises. It's nice to see we are not the only ones going through this.
Good luck for the ones still waiting and æ–°å¹´å¿«ä¹

kimuk30
Newly Registered

Post by kimuk30 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:38 pm

Dear my dear freinds,

Finally i received my RC this morning

Applied on 12th of September 2010 as ummarried partner with 6 month old baby
COA received 13th of October 2010.
Got married on the 11th of December 2010.
Sent cerificate of marriage on 13th to update my application.
Called twice and receive my RC this morning.

The only problem is that i received on the A4 paper, they had my passport which will expire on 2016 and i didnt receive my passport too. i just called them and the lady said that they dont have my passport on their department and maybe is still with the application of approval department and she will send them email to fint out where is my passport. I dont know if i have to be happy or upset. Any suugestion would be much appreciated.

Thank to everyone for all the advices during this time.

edymarilyn
Newly Registered

Please, could you let me the telephone number to call HO?

Post by edymarilyn » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:07 pm

Forza_RC wrote:First update from me,

EEA2 application sent on 5th of January.

COA received on 20th of January (dated 17th of January).

Called HO on 19th of February (It has not been allocated to a case work team)

Called HO on 26th of February (still the same...)

mtulak
Newly Registered

Re: i applied in sept as well

Post by mtulak » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:19 pm

rotten_tomatoe wrote:
Carling40 wrote:i applied EEA 1&2 as spouse on 1st of september as well and still waiting, i havent called them though. looks like they into sept applications, wonder if anyone else has applied in sept? looks like 1 person so far...
I applied 20th of Sep 2010 for EEA2...
haven't called them at all & still waiting as well.
Maybe there will be smth begining of February?..
hi rotten_tomatoe
have you received ur RC?
plz update

mohamed82

hey evrybody

Post by mohamed82 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:45 am

Forza_RC wrote:Did anyone apply for EEA2 in December 2009 or Januray 2010 and receive it? Any update?
it take 4 till 6 mounth
not allow u to call them just u have to wait thats what u can do
best wish for all of u
i applaid it in augost and the answer i got it in december but unfortantly they refuse my applicaion and i made appeal and im waiting
MOHAMED AHMED

H O Fan
Newly Registered

Post by H O Fan » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:19 am

Oh Man! What an irresponsible way of doing things?The HO Workers getting paid for the job they are doing?
Last edited by H O Fan on Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

rotten_tomatoe
Newly Registered

Finally!!

Post by rotten_tomatoe » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:12 am

I've received my RC today! Here's timeline -
RC applied - 20th of September 2010;
CoA - Received 10th of October, dated 5th of October 2010;
RC - today - 29th of January 2011, issued - 6th of January 2011;
I didn't call or write them at all.
So that's 4 months and 9 days. Feel very releived.
The best of luck for everybody, who is still waiting!..
Last edited by rotten_tomatoe on Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kaycee23ful
Newly Registered

eea2

Post by kaycee23ful » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:50 pm

Today I received my Certificate of Application(COA) dated 24/01/2011. I submitted my eea2 application last 04/01/11 received by home office on 05/01/11. Now the waiting time for RC begins...

Christiana
Newly Registered

Post by Christiana » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:20 am

Hi everyone,

Just to report that my husband got his 5-year RC on the mail on Friday (28/1/2011).
Here's our timeline:

-Application sent: 14 September 2010
-Application received by UKBA: 15 September 2010
-COA received: 1 October 2010 (dated 28 September 2010)
-5-year residence card received: 28 January 2011 (issued 23 December 2010)
Wonder what took them so long to mail it out if they issued it back in December .
So all in all, 3.5 months from application to RC issuance, but 4.5 months until we actually received the RC.

Just to add that my husband requested his passport back in early December for our Christmas vacation abroad, and he got it back after 5 working days. They never requested his passport back and the RC came on an A4 sheet, as is common nowadays.

All in all, we had a very smooth experience with UKBA - nothing like the horror stories we would read sometimes.

Good luck to everyone else waiting. Processing times seem to have picked up a lot compared to the past :)

monikamroz
Newly Registered

Post by monikamroz » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:27 pm

hello,
its our 3rd time applying for RC. 2 times they refused my husband.
THIS TIME:
COA - dated 26 october 2010 (letter dated 09 november 2010)

till now no news.
in fact really dont know how can we check up any updates.
do anyone know phone nr, email to Liverpool HO???

scout_engineer
Newly Registered

Post by scout_engineer » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:16 am

Good morning and good month everybody!

My wife received her RC and both received our passports today early in the morning! It is really worth of buying this special delivery envelope and include it with your documents when you apply. At that time you think "I'll have to wait 4 - 6months, what is 2-3 days difference?" But believe me after the 3rd month you realize that 3-4 days are really a long time interval. Plus the fact that you can track it and be sure it will not be lost. Anyway, here is our case info

-Application sent: 2 October 2010
-Application received by UKBA: 5 October 2010
-COA received: Can't remember exactly, around end of October 2010
-5-year residence card received: 01 Feb 2011 (issued 19 Jan 2011)
So it is exactly 4 months of waiting! Thank God!

A great thanks to this forum, which helped me have an idea how things go and gave me hope that I ll not have to wait for 6+ months like the old times.
Good luck to everybody who is waiting!

H O Fan
Newly Registered

EEA2 Turnaround time

Post by H O Fan » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:44 am

Hi scout_engineer

Thank you for sharing your experience. Much appreciated. It seems they started processing October application now.

Cheers

monikie
Newly Registered

Post by monikie » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:46 pm

Help someone urgently!!!

I recently applied for EEA2 - received by HO on 6th Jan.
I am non EU, wifes EU

My Wifes a student here and I got comprehensive insurance only for her. Do I need to get one for myself as well? maybe If i send it now, there is still time?

When I checked the guide for the application,, it stated insurance only for self sufficient (in the residence card section. I am confused..pls help

benbmxer
Mood:
Bolivia

RC is here!!

Post by benbmxer » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:44 pm

Hi everybody,

Finally great news! I received my RC last Wednesday 2, February. The application was like that:

Applied on 3 OCT 2010
HO received on 4 OCT 2010
Never received CO
Called HO on 17 JAN 2011, been told that application was being handed over the case worker.
RC received on 2 FEB 2011
Issued on 20 JAN 2011
TOTAL ISSUING TIME 3 MONTHS 16 DAYS
TOTAL WAITING TIME 3 MONTHS 28 DAYS

The appplication had:
- original italian mariage certificate+legal translation
- 3 payslips of the EU member
- work contract of the EU member
- letter from employer of the EU member
- passport from no EU citizen (mine) + identity card of EU member (cause passport needed for work trips)
- bank statement of joint bank account with both names and address on it
- Pictures of both of us

The application was sent with signed for posting and without any special envelope or anything else for the way back. I was pretty worried of never having received a CO but apparently the application was processed super fast. I'm soooooooooooo happy.

Hope this helps guys, thanks for all the postings and information posted here. GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!!

BEN

kabuki
United States of America

Post by kabuki » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:37 pm

My first update:

EEA2 application sent on 10th of January.

Additional documents (including my partner's passport and a letter and paid for special delivery envelope to have her passport returned asap) sent on 12th January.

COA received on 5th of February.

Still waiting for her passport to be sent back.

Question: Has anyone requested passports back? How long does it usually take? My partner does a lot of freelance work and is currently on a 3 month contract that has her in Belgium regularly. As such, she had to stay there and send her passport back for me to send in with the application. She had weekly presentations she couldn't miss. We need it back so she can return home. She doesn't have to be there full-time.

I guess I'll ring on Monday now that I have a case number. I did send a paid for next day delivery envelope and a letter requesting the passport back asap when I sent the passport. We're worried because in addition to wanting her home, she does have a holiday coming up mid-march. This was booked nearly a year ago, before we decided to move. I'm not travelling, so I didn't request my passport. It's just her.

Hope I get it soon.

Best of luck to everyone with their applications.

Pieloi
Newly Registered

Post by Pieloi » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:35 pm

Monikie,
I will recommend you get the insurance to include both of you,I heard cases being declined based on facts that only one was insured.You can send it to update your case.
Good luck

favour me lord
Newly Registered

Post by favour me lord » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:43 pm

monikamroz wrote:hello,
its our 3rd time applying for RC. 2 times they refused my husband.
THIS TIME:
COA - dated 26 october 2010 (letter dated 09 november 2010)

till now no news.
in fact really dont know how can we check up any updates.
do anyone know phone nr, email to Liverpool HO???
have you heard anything yet?. pls evryone have you seen situation where one was refused and later re apply and then it was given to the person?, i really need to know.

wwdeshen
Newly Registered

Post by wwdeshen » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:33 pm

hello everyone.

i send my applictions on 21 nov 2010, and received a letter on 5 dec said homeoffice received my application. this is the second time i send my eea2 as first time we were missing my partner's possport. and i haven't got any coa back. how long does it take to receive coa? i read all your post it looks like take one month, but for me its been nearly 3 months. and anyone got Rc without receive coa? thanks for your help.

monikamroz
Newly Registered

Post by monikamroz » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:11 pm

[quote="favour me lord?[/quote]
have you heard anything yet?. pls evryone have you seen situation where one was refused and later re apply and then it was given to the person?, i really need to know.[/quote]

I would like to know as well did anyone been refused and after that recived RC.
IN OUR CASE STILL NOTHING.
please tell me where i can ask nwho my case worker is and ask about progress of my case. please let me know.

H O Fan
Newly Registered

EEA2 Turnaround time

Post by H O Fan » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:36 am

Hi monikamroz,

It's all depends on the reason why they rejected your case at the first time. If you have rectified the faults in the second application then you will surely get the RC. I don't think you can ask to the HO who is your case worker, and surely they not gonna tell you who dealing with your case.
Don't worry hopefully you will get this time.

cogumelo
Newly Registered

missing docs

Post by cogumelo » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:03 pm

Someone can tell me how and to where I should send an aditional document to the HO?
I sent my application EEA2 and my wife's EEA1 in 04/01/2011 and know I have to sent her self-emploeyd Payslip, but I have no response from HO till know.
They didn't asked for the missing document yet, but I want to send it before that.
One more question, the English Test (ESOL A1) required for visa applications after november 2010 is necessary for EEA2 and EEA1 applications?
Someone can help me?
Thanks!

bertuzzist
Newly Registered
Aruba

Post by bertuzzist » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:55 pm

Got my RC today

5 Oct application sent

6 Oct application received by HO

3 Nov Received CoA

4 Nov Asked for passports back

12 Nov Passports returned

15 Jan Passport (only the applicant's one) sent back to HO- not requested by a caseworker to do so- as I would have liked to avoid the RC printed on a A4 paper, plus recent bank statements and payslips

17 Jan passport and new docs received by HO

24 Jan RC issued as a sticker on my passport

8 Feb RC received

Total: 4 months, not bad as I feared and after all I had the chance to travel either so it was a smooth experience

Thanks a lot for helping and good luck to you all