ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 - 2nd extension (abt 2years early)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kavita1
Newly Registered

Tier1 - 2nd extension (abt 2years early)

Post by kavita1 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:29 pm

Hello,

I have been reading posts and am relaly confused.

I cam to UK on HSMP in Jan 2008 and got tier1 extension in september 2009 for 3 years till nov 2012.

I have an appointment in person on 22nd feb , read couple of posts that my extension could be rejected on basis if it is too early..Can some one please suggest whether should i go for extension or not...

dont wana waste my money..

Second thing I had bachelors when I cam to UK ..do I stilll get points for it..

Please, suggest.

Thanks,
Kavita

T1_Mainframe

Post by T1_Mainframe » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:41 pm

Search string 'Early extension' and you will find 10-15 posts.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:32 pm

Why are you extending now if you have an extension until Nov 2012?
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

NeoZ

Re: Tier1 - 2nd extension (abt 2years early)

Post by NeoZ » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:05 pm

kavita1 wrote:Hello,

I cam to UK on HSMP in Jan 2008 and got tier1 extension in september 2009 for 3 years till nov 2012.

I have an appointment in person on 22nd feb , read couple of posts that my extension could be rejected on basis if it is too early..Can some one please suggest whether should i go for extension or not...

Please, suggest.

Thanks,
Kavita
Can extension be rejected because you applied early? As far as I know there is no legal grounds to do that. Please let me know your source for this information?[/code]

kavita1
Newly Registered

Post by kavita1 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:35 pm

Hello,

I wanted to apply as I would loose my age points by then and second thing I just need 2 months more for ILR which I will get even if they stamp me from date of application.

Thanks,
Kavita

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Post by pgaitonde » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:41 am

I wanted to apply as I would loose my age points by then and second thing I just need 2 months more for ILR which I will get even if they stamp me from date of application.

Thanks,
Kavita
Good question Kavita..its no where mentioned that u need to apply 1 month in advance. To clarify this i sent an email to UKBA and they said that they wont entertain applying Visa 2 years in advance. You can try your luck by sending an email to them..If you see any hope please do let me know as mine is expiring on June 2012..even i can apply :)

kavita1
Newly Registered

Post by kavita1 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:43 am

Hello,

Thanks a Lot, for your reply.
Can any of the senior members guide me on this, as I am really confused and ont want to waste my money.

Thanks,
Kavita

NeoZ

Post by NeoZ » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:30 pm

pgaitonde wrote:

Thanks,
Kavita
Good question Kavita..its no where mentioned that u need to apply 1 month in advance. To clarify this i sent an email to UKBA and they said that they wont entertain applying Visa 2 years in advance. You can try your luck by sending an email to them..If you see any hope please do let me know as mine is expiring on June 2012..even i can apply :)
Could you post the exact question and response from UKBA here?

Thank you

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:31 pm

As far as I know UKBA dont care how soon you apply. At the time of application, if you meet all the criteria, they will issue the visa. In the past when I got my extension, I had applied 5 months in advance. I had seen many posts where they had applied 10-12 months in advance and had got the visa.

good luck
Vikram

push

Post by push » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:57 pm

I came across a post that said the VISA application was returned as it was submitted well ahead of the expiry of current VISA. Cant find it now unfortunately.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

kavita1
Newly Registered

hi

Post by kavita1 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:15 pm

hi,

Thanks push, do you think it would good to wait for a while..

Regds,
Kavita

saayinla

Re: hi

Post by saayinla » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:16 pm

kavita1 wrote:hi,

Regds,
Kavita
Dont waste your Money...Let me get this straight...

You came here on HSMP in January 2008 and according to HSMP rules before you can get ILR you must have had your visa for 4 years...

So you want to apply early , for what exactly are you applying for? Visa Extension or ILR?

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:08 pm

there is a lot of confusion here about ILR process. I don't understand why are people applying for early extension (2 years) in some cases. What are you trying to achieve? All you are doing is wasting your money and worrying over nothing.

My ILR is due in 2012 and to be honest I am not a single bit bothered, and I will apply when the time comes, why now. Why waste money, time for a petty thing.

I would personally say to all to wait till the new rules are published and then decide.

some cases I have read over here are that a person got initial Tier1 in 2009 for 3 years which expires in 2012 and then they are applying for extension now for 2 years. What is the point honestly?

Chill all. :wink:

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:28 pm

I think the point is this:
- For some people, when their current visa (extension) expires they will be a few months short of the 5 years for ILR.
- The first option is to wait until the current visa expires and apply for an extension in future. There is a risk that if the rules change unfavourably, you might not be able to get the extension so could not reach ILR.
- The second option is to apply early so that the extension will cover the gap and you reach 5 years on your next extension. The advantage is that we we know the current rules: if you meet the criteria, you can fill the "gap" months and get to 5 years on the *current* rules. Of course, if your early extension *still* leaves a gap before 5 years, there isn't much point.

And it is always possible that the rule changes might not be unfavourable, or the 5 years to ILR might be changed, or..., or..., or... but we have to make the best decisions we can based on the information available. And right now, the current rules are certain but the future rules are not.

That's my interpretation anyway.

Santoshj19
Newly Registered

Post by Santoshj19 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:43 am

Please, suggest.

Thanks,
Kavita
If u r applying early then make sure that you fulfill all criteria for extension.
No worry if u fulfill all criteria.

sojan

Post by sojan » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:31 am

innocentdevil wrote:there is a lot of confusion here about ILR process. I don't understand why are people applying for early extension (2 years) in some cases. What are you trying to achieve? All you are doing is wasting your money and worrying over nothing.

My ILR is due in 2012 and to be honest I am not a single bit bothered, and I will apply when the time comes, why now. Why waste money, time for a petty thing.

I would personally say to all to wait till the new rules are published and then decide.

some cases I have read over here are that a person got initial Tier1 in 2009 for 3 years which expires in 2012 and then they are applying for extension now for 2 years. What is the point honestly?

Chill all. :wink:
agree with you.. but god only knows when they will extend ILR period to 6 years :)

but u will never know some people would have
- age points lost if u delay more
- job opportunities not provided if visa <1 year
- extra steps which could come (like biometric, card etc..)

so should be a compromise with time and information availability.

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Re: hi

Post by pgaitonde » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:09 pm

kavita1 wrote:hi,

Regds,
Kavita
@Kavita - any updates - Have you applied ur visa?