ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Being unemployed and applying for citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

wunder
Member of Standing

Being unemployed and applying for citizenship

Post by wunder » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:31 pm

So... about an hour ago I was made redundant and now am unemployed. Can't express how 'happy' I am with this development, but the worst thing is that I was going to apply for citizenship on the 1st of March (and even booked NCS appointment) - however it is not clear to me whether I can do it while unemployed :oops:

Can I apply for British Citizenship while I am unemployed?

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:00 pm

No problem. Yes you can.

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:00 pm

Phew! Thank you :)

migrant2011
Newly Registered

Post by migrant2011 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:25 pm

I am in a similar situation. I will be ending my current employment at the end of the month and have my NCS appointment on 2nd August. Please can you share your experience. Were you asked to provide any additional information?

My second question is - in the current form AN the items 3.1 - 3.5 ask details about one's employment. I am not sure what is the best way to respond to that.

Thank you for your help.

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:50 pm

migrant2011 wrote:I am in a similar situation. I will be ending my current employment at the end of the month and have my NCS appointment on 2nd August. Please can you share your experience. Were you asked to provide any additional information?

My second question is - in the current form AN the items 3.1 - 3.5 ask details about one's employment. I am not sure what is the best way to respond to that.

Thank you for your help.
Firstly - sorry to hear you lost your job.

if you guys read the forum there is tonnes of information on this subject already.

To summarise - being unemployed doesn't afftect your Citizenship application.
My wife who is unemployed wrote down her occupation as "housemaker" and she had her approval recently.

I would say put your occupation as Unemployed and in the section where they ask you for your HMRC ref # - give them from our old employment.

Best Wishes